happydalek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Doctor Who autograph collection Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 am

I've been collecting Doctor Who autographs since my first convention in 1985, when I got Janet Fielding and Terry Nation. Everyone affiliated with Doctor Who that I've ever met has just been so nice and so appreciative of how much their US fans love them. I would say that the most outwardly talkative and engaging Doctor Who folks are Colin Baker, Frazer Hines, and Katy Manning. They are all really down-to-earth people who put you at ease -- the only time I was ever nervous and trembling asking for an autograph was Elisabeth Sladen, who I'd been in love with since I was a kid, but she was so sweet and warm, complimenting how my jacket, shirt, and pants all went together so nicely (all shades of blue -- I didn't even notice that myself!), and asking if I was so well put-together when it came to everything else (so ironic, as I was practically falling apart just trying to put a sentence together at that point!). My friend took a bunch of pictures of us -- there was no other chair, so she just scooted over and sat on half of the seat while I sat on the other half! That was undoubtedly my favorite encounter with a Doctor Who actor. Does anyone else have any good stories of meeting Doctor Who personalities?

Here are some pics of my collection:

The William Hartnell years:

(None! That's a shame.)

The Patrick Troughton years:

Doctor Who autograph collection Auto-2

The Jon Pertwee years:

Doctor Who autograph collection Auto-3

The Colin Baker / Sylvester McCoy years:

Doctor Who autograph collection Auto-67

You have to hold Colin Baker's picture up to the light just right in order to see the autograph, but I swear it's there, on the left-hand side! If I ever meet him again, I wonder if I would have the nerve to ask him to trace over his signature with a gold or silver Sharpie? Smile

The Tom Baker and Peter Davison casts are too large to fit everyone into a single picture without having to back up so far that you can't make out some of the signatures; I'll go back and try if anyone wants to see them... or keep this post going with anecdotes and pictures of your own!
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Cool collection! Thanks for sharing...

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Barry and Terry on the same page!! Wow!!
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah, Ronpur, I love it that I have those Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks signatures together! Inseperable in my autograph collection, just like they were on the show.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Very nice. Smile Maybe I'll get one someday too. Smile
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:13 pm

What an awesome collection! And the memories behind getting each one must be priceless.

I have 1 autograph, Lalla Ward's. When I was 9 years old I sent her a really sappy love letter, and about a year later I got a letter back from her, thanking me for my letter and an autographed picture inside! I was so happy. She also sent me a Dalek postcard. I was king of the playground for quite a while after that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:30 pm

rdks wrote:
What an awesome collection! And the memories behind getting each one must be priceless.

I have 1 autograph, Lalla Ward's. When I was 9 years old I sent her a really sappy love letter, and about a year later I got a letter back from her, thanking me for my letter and an autographed picture inside! I was so happy. She also sent me a Dalek postcard. I was king of the playground for quite a while after that. Very Happy

Ah, so you were the one who broke up her and Tom??!!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:44 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Then I guess she should be thanking me again! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:53 am

rdks wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Then I guess she should be thanking me again! Laughing

Yes!

The saddest day of my Who collecting life happened about 5 years ago, when I realized my Jon Pertwee autograph had gone missing in one of my many moves as a college student years ago. And, also, my autographed Colin Baker poster went missing as well. So, now, I only have Jeremy Bulloch on my copy of A Time Warrior that I got in August.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Ronpur wrote:

The saddest day of my Who collecting life happened about 5 years ago, when I realized my Jon Pertwee autograph had gone missing in one of my many moves as a college student years ago. And, also, my autographed Colin Baker poster went missing as well. So, now, I only have Jeremy Bulloch on my copy of A Time Warrior that I got in August.

I feel your pain... I did a move a few years agoand lost two of my B5 autographs (Londo and Vir).
Back to top Go down
rapier
rapier

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who autograph collection   Doctor Who autograph collection EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:58 am

I will have to dig up my pictures and scan them. Great collection!
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who autograph collection
Page 1 of 1