Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers)   River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers) EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 am

I apologize if this has been discussed previously; however....

River Song's sonic screwdriver is clearly an updated version of the 10th Doctor's sonic... The 10th Doctor's sonic is destroyed, or appears to be destroyed, in the first episode of Series 5, and the TARDIS created a new sonic for the 11th Doctor, which looks nothing like the 10th Doctor's sonic....

Ever since I have seen the 11th Doctor's sonic, and with River Song having a much bigger part in the series, I keep wondering why her sonic is an updated version of the 10th Doctor's sonic screwdriver. What confuses me even more is how can her sonic screwdriver be an updated version of the 10th Doctor's when that version was destroyed?

Just for fun, any ideas or thoughts on how this may be explained in the series?

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers)   River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers) EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Well, I have more than one screwdriver in my tool box. But I do have a favorite. Maybe the Doctor just carries his favorite with him, and has a couple of extra old ones lying around.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers)   River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers) EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:36 pm

The 10th Doctor got another Sonic Screwdriver at the end of "Smith & Jones."

My own theory is that River Song's sonic IS the 10th Doctor's sonic, just the Doctor repaired it, knowing what functions River would need, because he saw her use it. (Timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly, standard Moffat paradox stuff.)
Back to top Go down
Kuroba

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers)   River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers) EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:51 am

That makes sense. Also, she had Jack's squareness gun from Empty Child/Doctor Dances. He left it in the TARDIS in Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways.
Back to top Go down

River Song's Sonic Screwdriver (possible spoilers)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: