Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

This video made me laugh! Empty
PostSubject: This video made me laugh!   This video made me laugh! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:09 pm

(Read the following after watching the video.)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: This video made me laugh!   This video made me laugh! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:15 pm

funny video. on a serious note, tennant's line "i don't want to go" always gets to me. i still don't get how some people don't sympathize with his ending. you have to look at the story from his perspective. sure, we knew he was going to regenerate. we know he wasn't really going to "die". but doc 10 did die, and he didn't want to. he was the most human doctor of them all, and as humans we hate letting go of something. if that something is a relationship, a life, a pet, we just have a hard time dealing with loss. that's what doc 10 was going through. his loss. as much as i like smith, i think tennant will always hold a special place for me, because of the human emotion he brought to the role. i always crack up when he says goodbye to rose(the first time, i know), astrid, donna, and when he says goodbye.

p.s. sorry for rambling.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: This video made me laugh!   This video made me laugh! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:17 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
funny video. on a serious note, tennant's line "i don't want to go" always gets to me. i still don't get how some people don't sympathize with his ending. you have to look at the story from his perspective. sure, we knew he was going to regenerate. we know he wasn't really going to "die". but doc 10 did die, and he didn't want to. he was the most human doctor of them all, and as humans we hate letting go of something. if that something is a relationship, a life, a pet, we just have a hard time dealing with loss. that's what doc 10 was going through. his loss. as much as i like smith, i think tennant will always hold a special place for me, because of the human emotion he brought to the role. i always crack up when he says goodbye to rose(the first time, i know), astrid, donna, and when he says goodbye.

p.s. sorry for rambling.

I want the more alien Doctor
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: This video made me laugh!   This video made me laugh! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:15 pm

That was considerably more than five seconds.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: This video made me laugh!   This video made me laugh! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Yeah, apparently, the "ThatGuyWithTheGlasses" guy did some of these and people copied the idea. It basically means not literally 5 seconds, but a point put forward in a very brief amount of time, in a funny way.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: This video made me laugh!   This video made me laugh! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:42 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
funny video. on a serious note, tennant's line "i don't want to go" always gets to me.

I so agree with you on this. I'll never forget watching this and getting choked up because I was going through a real nasty break up at the time. It definitely struck a chord within me and still does but not as much as it used to. I couldn't help seeing this line of dialogue as a nod from Tennant to the viewers too. From what I have read Tennant is a big DW fan and loved the role which showed through his performances. I'll never forget the smile of glee he had in the pictures that were taken of him when he met Davros on the set for the first time. I'm sure Tennant would've stayed longer had RTD done the same, but he felt the time was right to move onto other things. Exciting but heartbreaking at the same time for him I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: This video made me laugh!   This video made me laugh! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:47 pm

I never went with the idea that the Doctor "dies" each time when regenerating. Cause he seems just fine each time afterwords.
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: This video made me laugh!   This video made me laugh! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Ten told Wilf in "The End of Time" that it feels like dying, and afterwards some new man goes sauntering away.
Back to top Go down

This video made me laugh!
Page 1 of 1