Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

What Monsters do you want to see return?

Go down 
+17
Raston o' Rassilon
Gunny
Shatterbang
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
DoctorOlly
SeaDevil
The Castellan
Calixar
Rust
Nocturniah
Cruel Angel
rdks
Evil Monkey Pope
Ronpur
SuperJoshe
Invisible Supreme
jaredofmo
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

What Monsters do you want to see return? Empty
PostSubject: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:29 pm

Go!

- Smilers - I think there's more to them that they didn't reveal in "The Beast Below."
- Hoix - We only saw one in "Love & Monsters," and another made a cameo in "The Pandorica Opens."
- Zygons - And don't try to re-do the design!
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Definitely the Rutans!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:38 pm

- the Vashta Nerada!!
- I'd like maybe another Auton story, just not one that gives them a minor role.
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 pm

I'd love a new Vashta Nerada story.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Real Cybermen
Axons
Zygons
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:03 pm

NIMON!
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:28 pm

A proper monochrome Dalek Empire that doesn't go extinct at the end of every episode
Dominators & Quarks
Morbius
Ice Warriors
Mondasian Cybermen
Nimon
Space Pirates/Agranjagzakians
Malmooth (male warrior versions)
Draconians

And my number one pick - OGRONS!

Zygons & Rutans -2 Classic monsters who have important places in Who history, but I don't know if they can be brought back. Both are shapeshifters so the story would just be a bunch a evil humans running around until the reveal at the end. Essentially the Slitheen stories minus the farts. The story would have to be top notch in order for it to work properly for either.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Definitely another vote for the 'real' cybermen.

Let's see, who else...

The Rani (as long as they keep her the cold calculating scientist she is and don't turn her into a joke like the Master)

The Meddling Monk (now if you want a baddie that is just annoyingly fun, there you go)

Ice Warriors and the Great Intelligence would be sweet.

I'd like the Rutan as well, but it would be done best as a surprise reveal at the end. Keep all the shapechanging hidden.

I'd love to see the Doctor get caught off guard in the middle of a story and have the Megara justice machines finally catch up to him.
Back to top Go down
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Ice Warriors and Vashta Nerada for me.

I wouldn't mind the real Cybermen coming back, but then I'd need a new Cybermen figure shelf. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:20 pm

I like what kcooper76 said about the Autons. They've only been in two stories in the new series: Rose and The Pandorica Opens. (Not counting The Big Bang since Auton Rory was not under the Nestene influence in that one.)

Actually Series 5 had a good lead in for a new Auton story. Rose saw the Nestene Consciousness killed, presumably. But it seems it was just weakened. So, they could be back... And also, I'd like to see a different form for the NC, not a weird tentacled creature, or a big glob of goo.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:24 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I like what kcooper76 said about the Autons. They've only been in two stories in the new series: Rose and The Pandorica Opens. (Not counting The Big Bang since Auton Rory was not under the Nestene influence in that one.)

Actually Series 5 had a good lead in for a new Auton story. Rose saw the Nestene Consciousness killed, presumably. But it seems it was just weakened. So, they could be back... And also, I'd like to see a different form for the NC, not a weird tentacled creature, or a big glob of goo.

I actually feel like a scary auton story is very possible to pull off! In a suburban setting . . and, they'd look like humans (like in Pandorica) . . It could be pretty good, I think
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Vashta Narada and the Justice Machines for me.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:50 pm

I'd love to see the real Cybermen come back... yeah. Where are they? Did they get erased in the Time Wars?

Ice Warriors... Draconians... I always liked the reptilian "monsters."

I was gonna say Axons, but we have them in DWN right now.

The Rutans would be good as mentioned above, but I'd love to see some of their war with the Sontarans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Calixar wrote:
The Rutans would be good as mentioned above, but I'd love to see some of their war with the Sontarans.
This.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:50 pm

The Mummy

Smilers

Toclafane

Sea Devils

The fly creatures from Planet Of The dead

Etc.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:31 am

Quote :
I wouldn't mind the real Cybermen coming back, but then I'd need a new Cybermen figure shelf. Smile
Aww, poor baby. Laughing

I'd love to see the real Cybermen, Ice Warriors, Rutons, Zygons, Macra, Yetis, Vocs, Kraals, Nimon, and of course............

..........Sutekh. farao
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Draconians, Zygons, Autons, Ice Warriors, Slitheen
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:57 pm

YETI!!!

YETI!!!

YETI!!!

Did I mention, THE FREAKING YETI?!!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeti
Ogrons
Zygons
Rutans (Could be an interesting two-parter including the Sontarans as well.)
Ice Warriors
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
Rutans (Could be an interesting two-parter including the Sontarans as well.)

OOO! Great idea! The war rages on!
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:52 pm

I would like to see NO monsters return. For one series, I would like to see nothing but NEW monsters...I would love the season's "Big Bad" to be not Daleks, Cybermen or Masters, but something fresh, fun and terrifying.

I like seeing the old monsters, but we need a break...for the continued health of the show, we need something strange and new that even the Doctor doesn't think he can beat.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:38 pm

One of the monsters I would really like to see return are the mechanoids.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 pm

The Kandy Man.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Gunny
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:11 pm

1. Ice Warriors
2. Zygons
3. Movellans
Back to top Go down
Raston o' Rassilon
Raston o' Rassilon

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What Monsters do you want to see return?   What Monsters do you want to see return? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:38 pm

The Rutans, the Krotons, and the Raston Warriors. The Quarks would be welcome as well . . .
Back to top Go down

What Monsters do you want to see return?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: