jaredofmo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! Empty
PostSubject: Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!   Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:32 am

http://www.list.co.uk/article/29892-david-tennant-praises-smiths-doctor/

So, that's two of the remaining Doctor actors who approve of Matt Smith. Come on, Tom, Peter, Colin, Sylvester, and Paul!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!   Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:04 pm

doesnt' matter how many praise him. he does a good job. it's moffat that's burying the series(at least in my opinion, especially with next year's *two-part* series). i like matt, and i really hope he sticks around if they get rid of moffat(unlike when they got rid of colin baker because they didn't like those years).
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!   Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:25 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
...Come on, Tom...
Tom Baker was asked on his website what he thought of the new Doctors. The moderator responded with...
Quote :
Tom has asked me to tell you that he has never met David Tennant or Matt Smith, so he can't answer your question. The guidelines say that Tom does not want to answer questions about other Doctor Whos - and he means the actors who have played the Doctor, too.
And Tom himself said
Tom Baker wrote:
As for Doctor Who on TV: I never watch it. I didn't watch it when I was in it.
That's about the straightest answer you'll get from him. Laughing

bret_owen99 wrote:
...if they get rid of moffat....
That would be great!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!   Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:47 pm

rdks wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
...Come on, Tom...
Tom Baker was asked on his website what he thought of the new Doctors. The moderator responded with...
Quote :
Tom has asked me to tell you that he has never met David Tennant or Matt Smith, so he can't answer your question. The guidelines say that Tom does not want to answer questions about other Doctor Whos - and he means the actors who have played the Doctor, too.
And Tom himself said
Tom Baker wrote:
As for Doctor Who on TV: I never watch it. I didn't watch it when I was in it.
That's about the straightest answer you'll get from him. Laughing

From those quotes and others I've read, it comes across that Tom either thinks he's the best Doctor or he's jealous when other people talk about fellow Doctors.

I dunno, might just be me. He's an awesome Doctor and probably an awesome guy, but in some interviews that's how he comes across to me.

Also, I'm sure I recall someone mentioning that Tom said he was the best Doctor somewhere. It was pretty recent, I think.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!   Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Sylverster has already approved of Matt Smith.

http://scotland.stv.tv/highland-games/195188-sylvester-mccoy-on-looking-forward-to-greeting-cowal-tossers/

Cannot recall if it's part 1 or 2, but McCoy is entertaining throughout.

And I can see why Tom may not want to comment on fellow actors. If his convictions/principles tell him not to give false praise, what else can he do? Perhaps he doesn't like one of the other actors and rather than name him he'd rather just give a blanket "no comment". Far better than going around and attacking the others. Past Doctors are expected to say how much they enjoy the current series without criticism so perhaps Tom should remain quiet?

Much like Bush isn't supposed to be bad mouthing Obama. It's a club where everyone is expected to get along with everyone else no matter where you came from.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!   Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 pm

squishy wrote:

Much like Bush isn't supposed to be bad mouthing Obama. It's a club where everyone is expected to get along with everyone else no matter where you came from.

More like Carter bad mouthing Obama. Right time frame, lol.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!   Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:36 pm

I searched through every Colin Baker interview I could find from the past year and found nothing regarding Matt Smith. He does give high praise to David Tennant though.

I did find a nice story about Matt by Wendy Padbury. Apparently she knew him when he was just starting out.
http://drwhointerviews.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/wendy-padbury-2009/

I managed to find an article where Tom Baker did indeed talk about another Doctor.
Tom Baker wrote:
I only met Jon Pertwee for the first time at the changeover shot in his last episode. So up till then I had no knowledge of him. Later I met him in various sound studios where we doing voice overs or commentaries and so on. Also I met him on several occasions at Sci-fi Cons. He was always very glamorous and charismatic and he obviously felt I was a bit peculiar. I used to tease him by pretending I was earning huge fees. This made him pink up a bit. But he was the generation ahead of me so there was a gap too wide for us to become friends. But I respected him and greatly admired his Worzel Gummidge series. I was sorry to hear of his death although envious of the manner (he died in his sleep). He did not know the fear of dying.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!   Matt Smith is Tennant-approved! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Wow, great quote from Tom about Jon.
Back to top Go down

Matt Smith is Tennant-approved!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: