JohnPertwee
Ronpur
Who North America
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Ronpur wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
I would just resculpt the chin down (make it longer, like Jay Leno!) so it looks like her mouth is open. With the creature coming out of her mouth, you should not need much detail on the lips.

Thanks. Ideas are easy, getting what you need? Not so much. Sad

Which is why I have so many unfinished customs around, LOL

I don't feel alone then. Thanks. Laughing l
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:25 pm

It can be frustrating! I desperately need a Magnus Greel body (among other things) but can't find one for a decent price. There was one in the trade forum the other day but by the time I saw the listing it was sold. :X
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 pm

rdks wrote:
It can be frustrating! I desperately need a Magnus Greel body (among other things) but can't find one for a decent price. There was one in the trade forum the other day but by the time I saw the listing it was sold. :X

Stuff being sold know that feeling too. Sad needs lots of 11th doctor heads, clock work droid,etc! Was a clockwork guy but was SOLD!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:29 am

can someone tell me how tall these two items are?

Rock Krusher C.O.P.S.

Luke Skywalker Dagobah Long Star Wars ESB Hasbro Kenner
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:03 am

Cops 'n' Crooks figures are 6 inches - roughly the same as Doctor Who.

Star Wars are 3 3/4 inches - the same as GI Joe.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:45 am

rdks wrote:
Cops 'n' Crooks figures are 6 inches - roughly the same as Doctor Who.

Star Wars are 3 3/4 inches - the same as GI Joe.

Thak you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:51 pm

ok had this idea for a while now, wondering if the smiler would worrk as the 11th doctor as headless monk custom?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:26 pm

MattyLover11 wrote:
ok had this idea for a while now, wondering if the smiler would worrk as the 11th doctor as headless monk custom?
Likely. Have not seen their heads, but I have seen people use the Winders as headless monks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:29 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
Likely. Have not seen their heads, but I have seen people use the Winders as headless monks.

I a. Thinking more winder now myself. Time will tell. Still need to buy paint. I was in a craft store but had no money. Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:37 pm

anyone know if there are any male figures wearing a green t shirt?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 am

anyone know what kind of figures look like german guards but aren't actually them? have a custom in mind.

anyone have a spare could you take off the tenth doctor's long coat and then sell it to me? i know odd request. lol but i know i wouldn't know how to remove the coat myself. Sad

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to remove the long coat from an 10th Doctor? Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:12 pm

1. Rotate arms so they are pointing behind the figure.

2. Pull the coat off onto the arms. Keep pulling.

3. Very shortly, the coat will come off into your hands.

4. Now, don't you feel proud of yourself?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:28 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

Thanks will when I do it. Lol need to get it first. Figured I would ask da steps. Also what 11th doc should be used? I have a cowboy hat btw.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:44 pm

MattyLover11 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Thanks will when I do it. Lol need to get it first. Figured I would ask da steps. Also what 11th doc should be used? I have a cowboy hat btw.

I'd assume the standard one. I've never removed the 11th Doctor's coat, though. I'd imagine it'd be like removing the 10th Doctor's coat, but it has more spots to plug it into the figure. Then the 10th Doctor's coat would slip on over it, hiding those holes.

Note that the texture on the 11th Doctor's coat sleeves doesn't match the 10th Doctor's coat. You could use compound or modelling putty to smooth it out, or use a mat knife or razor blade to cut the texture off. *RECOMMENDED ONLY IF YOU HAVE A STEADY HAND.*

Alternately, you could be really adventurous and swap the 10th Doctor's arms on him to match. However, I've yet to swap arms successfully (or even attempt it), so you should really be sure you know what you're doing.

Or if all else fails, wait for CO to get their **** together and release one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:28 am

jaredofmo wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

I'd assume the standard one. I've never removed the 11th Doctor's coat, though. I'd imagine it'd be like removing the 10th Doctor's coat, but it has more spots to plug it into the figure. Then the 10th Doctor's coat would slip on over it, hiding those holes.

Note that the texture on the 11th Doctor's coat sleeves doesn't match the 10th Doctor's coat. You could use compound or modelling putty to smooth it out, or use a mat knife or razor blade to cut the texture off. *RECOMMENDED ONLY IF YOU HAVE A STEADY HAND.*

Alternately, you could be really adventurous and swap the 10th Doctor's arms on him to match. However, I've yet to swap arms successfully (or even attempt it), so you should really be sure you know what you're doing.

Or if all else fails, wait for CO to get their **** together and release one.

Laughing you know as soon as I go through all this they WILL make one. You know that don't you? Razz Laughing Then I'm gonna feel like a ****!! Mad Razz Laughing

also thanks for info. really need to buy paint. ugh!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 am

Remember,buy good quality paint. Nothing will ruin a custom more than cheap paint.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:59 am

Ronpur wrote:
Remember,buy good quality paint. Nothing will ruin a custom more than cheap paint.

Ok thanks If I can all colors I need one shot then yay. Lol

also how could i make an eye drive?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 am

Either a small bit of plastic,or cover the eye with putty and sculpt it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:41 am

Ronpur wrote:
Either a small bit of plastic,or cover the eye with putty and sculpt it.

Thanks once I buy another doc with long hair I am doing this. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:39 pm

how do you remove the 11th doctor's coat?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:24 pm

Pull. Maybe dip it in a mug of warm water.

Not for the faint of heart.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 pm

If you don't want the coat, just cut it off.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:20 pm

rdks wrote:

I have one that I am willing to trade.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:12 pm

can i use a nail file thing to file down the 10th Doctor's head? After I take off his jacket I have something in mine. Just want to know first before doing so. Thanks. Hopefully I will have it today so I got something to do. Sad
Back to top Go down

Custom Tutorial Thread
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next