JohnPertwee
Ronpur
Who North America
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:10 pm

CGren123 wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
CGren123 wrote:
Random question, but would an Eleventh Doctor head fit on a Fourth Doctor body?

I heard its a pain to get off. Sad

That's not an issue for me. I spent years popping heads off Star Trek figures.

Ah ok
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 pm

CGren123 wrote:
Sort of... They're opposite head types so you'd have to cut the post off 11's head a drill a hole. The other problem is 11's neck is much thinner than 4's, so it might look a little strange.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:19 pm

rdks wrote:
CGren123 wrote:
Sort of... They're opposite head types so you'd have to cut the post off 11's head a drill a hole. The other problem is 11's neck is much thinner than 4's, so it might look a little strange.

Thanks. I don't think head type would be an issue since I was planning on using a City of Death Tom for the custom and I think that's a peg. I'm not too fussed about it looking too strange though.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 pm

CGren123 wrote:

Sorry, they have opposite plugs and posts. It would work only if you drill one out.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:41 pm

CGren123 wrote:
rdks wrote:
CGren123 wrote:

Thanks. I don't think head type would be an issue since I was planning on using a City of Death Tom for the custom and I think that's a peg. I'm not too fussed about it looking too strange though.

City of Death has the same post as most of the 4th Doctors. Seams like all his heads can switch, except the S18 one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:05 pm

If I find what I need shall make a Thomas from womb Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 am

Another question for you all.

How easy is it to get Tom's hair off?

Thanks! Any help you can give is much appreciated!

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:08 am

Mine was easy, but time consuming. Heat the head in hot water, and just pull at the hair until it releases. I had to reheat mine several times to finally remove it. If you are doing a hair swap, don't be alarmed if the hat comes off easily. Also, you will have to trim one of the heads to get the hair back on, but, I can not remember which it was. It has been 3 years since I did a swap.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:53 am

Ronpur wrote:
Mine was easy, but time consuming. Heat the head in hot water, and just pull at the hair until it releases. I had to reheat mine several times to finally remove it. If you are doing a hair swap, don't be alarmed if the hat comes off easily. Also, you will have to trim one of the heads to get the hair back on, but, I can not remember which it was. It has been 3 years since I did a swap.

Thank you, Ron! I'm not doing the hat swap, my plan is to model some new hair for him.

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:01 am

Then it might be easier for you to trim down his existing hair with a knife and sculpt over top of it. Once the hair is removed the upper portion of the head is hollow, so you'll end up wasting a lot of sculpting material filling it in.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks for the advice, rdks!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Yep,very true...Tom has a hollow head.....
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Is there a tutorial on taking apart a classic Dalek? I thought I saw one but I can’t find it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm

I did one a while ago.

1. remove the screws from the base
2. cut the two braces in the body section, cut a space between the two for reassembly.
3. start boiling some water.
4. unscrew the dome.
5. pull off the neck rings
6. unscrew the two screws in the neck.
7. after the water has boiled, dip the dalek into it as far as the shoulder slats neck first.
do this for about 30 seconds.
8. after the hot water has drained from the dalek you can now 'peel' the shoulder slats off.

When you have finished doing whatever you are going to do, dip the shoulder slats into boiling water again to soften it up for replacement. needless to say you will need to dry it off prior to putting it back on.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Whoosier Whovian, You are so cool. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:32 pm

By the way, I am looking for sucker arms and also guns from some of the older releases.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 pm

I just want the new Dalek eye stalk
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:57 pm

anyone know how to make Grandma Conolly Mouth open? Cause I want to make the monster from Amy's Choice. i assume some putty?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:05 pm

You'd have to completely remake the face, or at least most of it, I'd assume. No expert though. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Scary wrote:
You'd have to completely remake the face, or at least most of it, I'd assume. No expert though. Smile

Oh ok need a second one first though. Sad and another wire tv set.
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:10 pm

MattyLover11 wrote:
anyone know how to make Grandma Conolly Mouth open? Cause I want to make the monster from Amy's Choice. i assume some putty?

one way you could do it would be using a hot knife, to burn a mouth into the head. but i would practice first on a spare head.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:27 pm

captainmac wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:

one way you could do it would be using a hot knife, to burn a mouth into the head. but i would practice first on a spare head.

Oh ok Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:54 pm

I would just resculpt the chin down (make it longer, like Jay Leno!) so it looks like her mouth is open. With the creature coming out of her mouth, you should not need much detail on the lips.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I would just resculpt the chin down (make it longer, like Jay Leno!) so it looks like her mouth is open. With the creature coming out of her mouth, you should not need much detail on the lips.

Thanks. Ideas are easy, getting what you need? Not so much. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm

MattyLover11 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Thanks. Ideas are easy, getting what you need? Not so much. Sad

Which is why I have so many unfinished customs around, LOL
Back to top Go down

Custom Tutorial Thread
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next