JohnPertwee
Ronpur
Who North America
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Ronpur wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
How could I make a box for a dorium head? Yeah sorry name is spelled wrong. Sad I got a blue head and........ cheers

I would use sheet plastic, but check out the print-out thread on GB in the toy section. I think they had a printable one there that you could fold.

thank you. Very Happy if only my printer worked. Sad and do you know the exact name of the thread? so i can search i mean. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Gallifrey Base > Inner Worlds > The Celestial Toyroom · DW Merchandise>Page Print Out Sets and Props
Page 32 post 1253 to be exact!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Gallifrey Base > Inner Worlds > The Celestial Toyroom · DW Merchandise>Page Print Out Sets and Props
Page 32 post 1253 to be exact!

thanks. Smile

Anyone know how I could make an evil 11th Doctor? cheers
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:41 pm

What does he look like?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Ronpur wrote:
rdks wrote:
Is Pertwee's head on a post or a peg?

I'm thinking of redoing his hair and wondering if I can easily switch the head to different Pertwee bodies afterwards.

Its that plug thing. I have some pics of a Pertwee in pieces on page 1 of this thread.
Curses! And thanks... Smile

jaredofmo wrote:
What would be the best way to swap the legs on a 11th Doctor and a 10th Doctor? Chop and Swap?
Whenever I do a leg swap I cut the torso horizontally right above where the top of the hip post would be, then glue it together and add some milliput for strength (to preserve articulation). It's tricky though, if you don't cut perfectly straight you end up with the upper body leaning to one side. Ron's suggestion is much easier, if they don't naturally fit together. I'd check for you but I don't have an 11th Doctor figure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 am

Ronpur wrote:
What does he look like?

Was this question to me?
Back to top Go down
Brainlock
Brainlock

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:51 am

https://youtu.be/ApneIdLScrk

I saw someone asking about curing Sculpey in the threads below (forget who/where). Just stumbled across this tutorial on YouTube. I hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:55 am

Anyone know if or how easy it would be to make an 11th Doctor with long hair? cheers
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:06 am

MattyLover11 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
What does he look like?

Was this question to me?

Yes, the evil Doctor...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:08 am

MattyLover11 wrote:
Anyone know if or how easy it would be to make an 11th Doctor with long hair? cheers

You can sculpt hair with your favorite sculpting material. But hair isn't easy, practice first on a figure you don't need. Just keep working at it until it looks good.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:29 am

MattyLover11 wrote:
Sculpting hair really isn't easy, especially extensions. You'll need a compound that will harden without baking and for it to look good, you'll need to make sure it gets textured right.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Ronpur wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
What does he look like?

Was this question to me?

Yes, the evil Doctor...

Here is a pic of The Evil Doctor I WOULD OF WON!! But was outbid and lost. Mad So maybe I could just make one.

Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 Sfaush

And thanks for the info on the long hair Doctor. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Looks like a repaint. Nothing more than that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Ronpur wrote:

so its no other figure used you think? if that's the case i can do that. HA! Razz
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:32 pm

MattyLover11 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

so its no other figure used you think? if that's the case i can do that. HA! Razz

That's definitely just an 11th Doctor painted black. As you can see, the tweed jacket and the bowtie are there. Wink

I like the idea of an evil Doctor though. There was an evil version of the 10th Doctor in the comic series 'Doctor Who: The Forgotten'. Dad made a custom of it ages and ages ago:

http://doctorwhotoys.net/customcomicfigure.jpg

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Scary wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

That's definitely just an 11th Doctor painted black. As you can see, the tweed jacket and the bowtie are there. Wink

I like the idea of an evil Doctor though. There was an evil version of the 10th Doctor in the comic series 'Doctor Who: The Forgotten'. Dad made a custom of it ages and ages ago:

Smile

Cool and thank you. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Scary wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Smile

Nice. I have said it before,your Dad makes some great customs!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Scary wrote:
There was an evil version of the 10th Doctor in the comic series 'Doctor Who: The Forgotten'. Dad made a custom of it ages and ages ago:

Smile
Ah! That's what that is! I'd seen that picture a while ago and wondered why someone would put a goatee on Tennant. I never knew about the comic story. It all makes sense now!
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:34 am

rdks wrote:
Scary wrote:
There was an evil version of the 10th Doctor in the comic series 'Doctor Who: The Forgotten'. Dad made a custom of it ages and ages ago:

Smile
Ah! That's what that is! I'd seen that picture a while ago and wondered why someone would put a goatee on Tennant. I never knew about the comic story. It all makes sense now!

I love that comic! I did the same thing for a scene I was in (black suit, goatee) plus... 3-D glasses just for fun.

Love the figure too! Wish I could do that.
Back to top Go down
Vortex
Vortex

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:57 am

Ah, I know the guy who made that custom.
Nice chap.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 am

Vortex wrote:
Nice chap.
It's Scary's Dad.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:23 am

Dad says thanks for the kind words!

Doctor Who Freak wrote:
Vortex wrote:
Nice chap.
It's Scary's Dad.

Yup, Captain Mac and I have been collecting and customising for a few years together now. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:43 am

Anyone know if a Captian Jack figure in blue shirt and braces would work for a Closing Time Doctor in the shop as a worker or should I try something else?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:57 am

MattyLover11 wrote:
Anyone know if a Captian Jack figure in blue shirt and braces would work for a Closing Time Doctor in the shop as a worker or should I try something else?

SDCC 2010 11th Doctor.

Repaint shirt.

Glue on tiny bit of plastic for name tag.

Done.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Custom Tutorial Thread   Custom Tutorial Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:42 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:

SDCC 2010 11th Doctor.

Repaint shirt.

Glue on tiny bit of plastic for name tag.

Done.

OK will do it that way. Since it the only was that seems right. now if I can FIND THAT JACKET LESS DOCTOR CHEAP...... I will be happy. Sad
Back to top Go down

Custom Tutorial Thread
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next