bret_owen99
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

moff says no dalek stories for next series Empty
PostSubject: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 am

ok, since no one else has posted this, i will. in an article, steven moffat has announced that he's giving the daleks a *rest* for the next two series. he says that when he find the *right story* for them, he'll bring them back.

here is my 2 cents, and i know there will be plenty to disagree with me. i thought that victory of the daleks was one of the better episodes of series 5(as were most of the stories not written by moff). he is writing more episodes next series(including the earth shattering, blah, blah, blah, mid-season cliffhanger). so my thought is, he is too busy doing the saga of river song/silence will fall to write the daleks back in for a one or two-part story(two part would be better since they bested the doctor last time.)

this gives me another reason not to like moff as the showrunner. sure, the daleks have been overused since the new series began(i'm not arguing that), however, we finally get proper daleks who bested the doctor their first outing, and he's not going to bring them back soon??? sure, they were in the adventure game(which was pretty good in my opinion), but we need an old fashioned good show like daleks invasion of earth again, and i really thought these daleks could pull it off.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:30 am

Remember, Moff always lies, even when he's telling the truth.

The thing about liars is, I just don't know when to believe them and when to not. So I have learned to just not trust anything he says until it happens.

What's funny is that by any other normal standard, that behaviour would be frowned upon, yet because he's in showbusiness, it's called intrigue.

~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 am

Link? I haven't seen this article anywhere.

And I thought they had to use the Daleks at least once a year or the Terry Nation estate will revoke the BBC's license to use them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:05 am

jaredofmo wrote:

Link? I haven't seen this article anywhere.

And I thought they had to use the Daleks at least once a year or the Terry Nation estate will revoke the BBC's license to use them.

It's been posted a few times on the various DW comms I belong to on LJ. I've been reassured by the group mod that it cannot possibly be true, because of what you have said, and the fact that Moff loves the Daleks.

~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:40 am

Okay, found link here: http://www.kasterborous.com/2010/08/30/no-daleks-for-moff/

If they actually quoted him saying, "We don't have any Dalek stories for next year," then I might take it a bit more seriously. But they only quote him saying they want the next one to be a really good one. So, they might surprise us with a really good Dalek story then?

And they also mentioned his statement that sometimes he lies to the press, so... I suppose that's a more interesting way to do it than saying "I can't tell you, spoilers."

At the very least, I would not be surprised to see at least a cameo of the Daleks. Not sure if that would satisfy the Nation estate, though.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 am

Good... start focusing on creating some quality original villains that can recur instead of dragging out the Daleks over and over.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:58 pm

If this is true, then, I don't mind that much. I'm getting sick of the Daleks, they've been in every series since the revival, and they should just give them a break.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:05 pm

He's always said he doesn't really like them. I think it's good news, it's one less thing for him to screw up. Well, screw up even more than he already has.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Moff ALWAYS lies.

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Not only that, but they just redesigned the Daleks. They cost a lot to make, I think someone told me that it was about $20k (or more) for a single Dalek. They can't just spend over $100k on the Daleks that aren't going to see action for a while. It's too expensive, and after that interview was published, there was another one that talked about him saying that he wasn't getting rid of the Daleks because he liked them and knew how kids loved them, and how he understood that for an adult, waiting a few years is one thing, but for a child, it was an eternity.

So I say again, since I keep getting ignored...

MOFF ALWAYS LIES.

ALWAYS.

He does, he always lies. You never know what is the truth and what isn't.
~
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:11 pm

I wonder how long moff's nose is by now.... moff says no dalek stories for next series Icon_razz moff says no dalek stories for next series Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:51 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Moff ALWAYS lies.

~

Of course he does! That's why he blew up Alderaan! (Wrong Moff? ) bom

Last edited by neogeoMk2 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:06 pm

I wonder if Mustang's brain would "fry" if Moffatt followed one of his statements with, "...BTW, I'm lying."? Twisted Evil

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Redfern wrote:
I wonder if Mustang's brain would "fry" if Moffatt followed one of his statements with, "...BTW, I'm lying."? Twisted Evil

Sincerely,

Bill

Ha... yeah, see at that point, that's when I'd just stop caring completely about anything new from DW and move on to something that's already out, like I have already done. It's not worth the intrigue in all honesty. I hated "Victory of the Daleks" with a few exceptions, and disliked most of series 5 in general, so it's not really worth being upset or anxiously awaiting.

Am I looking forward to the Christmas special. No. Am I looking forward to whatever the grand liar has in store for us in future seasons, no. Bring back McGann or have David Morrissey actually become the next Doctor, then I'll be interested. Wink
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:24 pm

A1C... Remember that RTD infamously said that Series 2 would have no Daleks either. It's nothing new.

Saying someone always lies is a bit harsh. Although some are still wondering what he meant by a friend addressing the issue of the limit of the Doctor's regenerations. (I'm pretty sure that'll be RTD in SJA.)

Last edited by jaredofmo on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Sheesh, what's with all the Moffat hate? I don't think he's messed anything up too badly. Yes, there have been some not-so-good episodes, but whining and complaining will do nothing, and you're all going to watch the next series anyway no matter what you say or do.

Also, the Daleks are tired and not all that scary. Give us something new to fear, Moffat.

Joshe out.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 pm

SuperJoshe wrote:
Sheesh, what's with all the Moffat hate? I don't think he's messed anything up too badly. Yes, there have been some not-so-good episodes, but whining and complaining will do nothing, and you're all going to watch the next series anyway no matter what you say or do.

Also, the Daleks are tired and not all that scary. Give us something new to fear, Moffat.

I don't get the hate either... RTD started out strong, but starting with season 3, lots of not-so-good eps either, and never was able to pull off a good thread through the season and have a worthwhile payoff for the finale. Moffat got the Hugo's, and pulled off the best finale so far. Add to that carrying over plot threads to the next season, and wanting to do a mid season cliffhanger... I'm definitely happy. Yes, series 5 had some blah eps, but I will take those over RTD's blah eps anyday.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:12 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
A1C... Remember that RTD infamously said that Series 2 would have no Daleks either. It's nothing new.

Saying someone always lies is a bit harsh. Although some are still wondering what he meant by a friend addressing the issue of the limit of the Doctor's regenerations. (I'm pretty sure that'll be RTD in SJA.)

No no, that didn't come from me that he always lies, he said it himself. :/ If anyone is being harsh, he is.

Also, for all ya'll who think I HATE Moff, I don't. I dislike... am displeased, am highly disappointed... with what he's done. Series 5 is most unagreeable with me. I don't hate it. I just dislike. Big difference.

Dislike =/= Hate

Thank you!
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:23 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

No no, that didn't come from me that he always lies, he said it himself. :/ If anyone is being harsh, he is.

Also, for all ya'll who think I HATE Moff, I don't. I dislike... am displeased, am highly disappointed... with what he's done. Series 5 is most unagreeable with me. I don't hate it. I just dislike. Big difference.

Dislike =/= Hate

Thank you!
~
Very sorry for misinterpreting you again...
Back to top Go down
Benam
Benam

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm

<<<Engage ranting mode>>>

Good for Moffat! I hope we don't see the Daleks for at least the next series, preferably longer. Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I don't think 'Earthshock' would have had the impact (who bet I intended that pun!) it did if not for the fact we hadn't seen the Cyberman for seven years.

The Daleks need to rest. We know the Doctor wins 99.99% of the time. So, if we see the Daleks once or twice a year and the Doctor beats them every time, then they're not a real threat anymore. It used to be, whenever you saw the Daleks, something really bad could happen. Not anymore! How many times has it happened that ALL the Daleks come back, they threaten the entire universe, and somehow they are ALL destroyed again?!

No, the Daleks need to go away for a while. If Doctor Who can't survive without them, then something is seriously wrong.

<<<Disengage ranting mode>>>

There, I feel better,
Benam
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Dislike =/= Hate

Thank you!
~
Very sorry for misinterpreting you again...

Merci! C'est vraiment ennui quand tous les gens ne me comprennent pas!

Ne vous fâchez pas! Il y a beacoups des malentendus ici. C'est vraiment ennui!
~

Last edited by a1cmustangpilot on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:40 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Merci! C'est vraiment ennui quand tous les gens ne me comprend pas!

~
... You really know your French!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:52 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Merci! C'est vraiment ennui quand tous les gens ne me comprennent pas!

~
... You really know your French!

Mais oui!! Did you think I was joking and just putting on this fake accent for the laughs? Very Happy

~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:59 pm

Definitely not as weird as what I do. I might greet a friend, family member, or coworker with "Hola, Monsieur/Mme. (can't type it for the life of me) ____." So, I say "Hello" in Spanish, give them a prefix in French, and then say their English name. Three languages in one sentence.

And they're all cool with it. The only exception is my co-worker George, who we all call Jorge. Even though he definitely isn't Spanish or Mexican.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: moff says no dalek stories for next series   moff says no dalek stories for next series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:15 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Definitely not as weird as what I do. I might greet a friend, family member, or coworker with "Hola, Monsieur/Mme. (can't type it for the life of me) ____." So, I say "Hello" in Spanish, give them a prefix in French, and then say their English name. Three languages in one sentence.

And they're all cool with it. The only exception is my co-worker George, who we all call Jorge. Even though he definitely isn't Spanish or Mexican.

Das ist sehr gut.

I don't like mixing my languages in one sentence, as I have done that way too many times and now view that as an error and have been working fervently to make sure I at least get to the period before switching languages. But that's cool that the people you know are cool with it. The other day I joked to my dad in French, German, then Arabic.

It would seem that for all my years in French, German is my favored language when I get tired and am feeling this crappy. Das lied ist sehr schön.
~
Back to top Go down

moff says no dalek stories for next series
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next