artanyus
SuperJoshe
Rust
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

3D series Empty
PostSubject: 3D series   3D series EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:54 pm

Anyone think it would be cool for a 3D series of Doctor Who with the eleventh doctor Matt Smith? I do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:58 pm

I don't know who dredged 3D back from the 70s Graveyard, but it really needs to be put away. Arbitrary 3D Effects are absolutely lame, and watching it in 2D just brings in all these dorky shots that look like poor film making.

Call me when we get Holographic Projectors.
Back to top Go down
SuperJoshe
SuperJoshe

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-08-12

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:10 am

I think 3D effects can be cool if used responsibly and with moderation. I hear the 3D for Toy Story 3 was good without becoming over-the-top.

I hate the extra $6 you have to pay for it, though. Screw that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:35 am

No, definitely no. I can't stand 3D and am getting sick of everything being in 3D.

There hasn't been anything highly remarkable that I've seen in 3D that actually makes it worth seeing in 3D.

~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:10 am

Also bear in mind that 3D also costs more to film, and what not. It requires special equipment, and then we would all have to go out and buy a 3D TV for roughly $3000 (this could vary depending the TV) and the 3D glasses which are about $150 a pop.

Sorry, not worth it, considering that the 3D isn't all that spectacular to begin with, and is hyped up to be more that it really is in many cases.

Doctor Who does just fine given its budgets and has delivered a lot of great episodes and performances through out the years.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
No, definitely no. I can't stand 3D and am getting sick of everything being in 3D.

There hasn't been anything highly remarkable that I've seen in 3D that actually makes it worth seeing in 3D.

~

You'll change your mind once you see Dimensions in Time, Oh Yesssss Sir! It is AMAZING, REMARKABLE, SPECTACULAR! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:34 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:

~

You'll change your mind once you see Dimensions in Time, Oh Yesssss Sir! It is AMAZING, REMARKABLE, SPECTACULAR! cheers cheers

And well not Doctor Who but Piranha 3D. cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:50 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:

~

Right... no. Sorry. I hate 3D and how everyone makes you think it's the best thing in the world.

Cheap parlor tricks. Wink

I can't wait until 3D flops on its face. It, like Twilight, is a fad and will die a quick and horrible death.
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:59 am

The BBC released a promo for Series 5 in 3D that was even played in British cinemas.

But no, no 3D Who for me. Biggest reason: I have glasses. And I know they say, "Well, 3D glasses can fit over your glasses," but when I was at Winkies, they gave me green glasses to wear for a couple minutes that are similar to 3D glasses, and I had to HOLD them onto my face. Sorry, not very fun. It was fun to do for a minute or two, but I could not imagine watching even a half hour of video doing that.

"You want 3D? Try my fist in your face!" - my sister.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Sorry no interest in 3D whatsoever. HD is more than enough for a show. Blame it all on Avatar as I do Survivor for the endless useless reality shows on now.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:58 pm

CrochetOwl wrote:
Sorry no interest in 3D whatsoever. HD is more than enough for a show. Blame it all on Avatar as I do Survivor for the endless useless reality shows on now.

What the wise Owl said. Also what jaredofmo's sister said! Word.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:22 pm

a 3-d ride or short movie would be good. anyone who has been on 3-d rides would tell you how fun they are. however, a whole 48 minute episode would be ruined by having to be in 3-d the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:36 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:

I can't wait until 3D flops on its face. It, like Twilight, is a fad and will die a quick and horrible death.
~

Can't come soon enough... but I feel sorry for the kids of the Twi-moms having to bear the names of wanna-be fake vampires for the rest of their lives. It pleased me no end in SFX 200 poll that in the favorite vampire category the highest placing Twilight vamp was 14. Joss Whedon on the other hand got 3 in the top 5 cheers

As for 3D... I don't mind it, as long as the movie doesn't cater to it. When you have too many gratuitous objects pointed at, thrown at the screen and all that, it just looks forced. I would rather see a movie shot as if a regular 2D, but with the 3D added as an extra, not the primary focus of the cinematography.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Even just a mini 3D Doctor Who episode? Be fun to see Matt's new sonic jump out at you! cheers Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 pm

Nein.

I too wear glasses and hate putting those dang things over the ones I already have to wear. Zero interest.

It's funny though, that 3D began as a movie gimmick to entice people away from TV, and now they're pushing 3D TV's...
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Anonymous

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:52 am

Shatterbang wrote:
Nein.

I too wear glasses and hate putting those dang things over the ones I already have to wear. Zero interest.

It's funny though, that 3D began as a movie gimmick to entice people away from TV, and now they're pushing 3D TV's...

When I was at BestBuy last, a sales associate tried hard to get me to like it. I am still not impressed with it at all.

I hate 3D and it's cheap attempt at thrills.

If I want to feel like I am really there, I'll go climb a freakin mountain. More exciting, good for exercise, and at least I'll have more stories than if I had watched a 3D movie.

Horror movies in 3D? Seriously?

oh yeah, because my favourite actor is so "hot" I MUST watch the movie in 3D. Why... no idea. I have no problem with just NORMAL viewing.
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:43 am

I was a little wary about the new "Alice in Wonderland" movie, so I saw it in 2D. My glasses issue aside, if I didn't like it (which, having read up on Carroll, I didn't), I didn't want it jumping out at me!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

3D series Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D series   3D series EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:04 am

I have seen a few movies in 3D, so far the only one that didn't hurt, my eyes at least, was Avatar. I think it is the camera and technology James Cameron uses. I have heard he intends to re do Titanic with this 3D technology and release it for the 100th anniversary of the sinking. If a movie that uses the 3D does it without the cheap tricks, I don't mind so much. The thing I did enjoy about Avatar was that I felt like I was in Pandora. Which is good, because I really didn't care for the story.
Back to top Go down

3D series
Page 1 of 1