Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 pm

I've seen something similar done on other action figure sites so why not for Doctor Who?

When you go on a trip, or visit somewhere special, take The Doctor with you! Take a pic of him traveling the world and show everyone where he's been!

I just spent the last week on the gorgeous island of Kauai in Hawaii. Before I left for the trip, I thought I'd tuck Doctor #5 in my suitcase. Given his swanky resort style hat, I thought he was the perfect choice!

Anyway, here's Peter exploring beautiful Anini Beach in Kauai, Hawaii!

Where did WHO go? AniniPeter1

Where did WHO go? AniniPeter2
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 pm

I love it, Clavius! Great idea!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 pm

From my trip to California last month (not so great shots of the figures...)

Where did WHO go? 38731_1562255097149_1258477937_1592171_1469480_n
As I was crossing time zones twice on the trip there (and the trip back), I figured we'd need a Time Lord and assistant to make sure my trips in time went smoothly.

Where did WHO go? 37633_1562261857318_1258477937_1592203_2201597_n
"Next time, I'll do the driving!" said 11, as we realized the bus we'd be catching in LA would be late.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:34 am

Nice! I do this a lot with my Daleks, especially Gemini. I post my pictures in my thread though, since I tend to take a lot of pictures and don't want it to come across as spam! I've been hoping that the idea would catch on, so this is neat! I hope there are lots of posts! I love seeing toys out and about!

By the way Clavius, I'm slightly jealous of those beach pics! That sand and surf is absolutely gorgeous! It looks like you had him far enough from the waves that you didn't worry too much about him getting swept away, right?
~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 am

Nice Peter pics. I did this last month with my K-9 on vacation:
Here we are going thru Atlanta!
Where did WHO go? K9Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
By the way Clavius, I'm slightly jealous of those beach pics! That sand and surf is absolutely gorgeous! It looks like you had him far enough from the waves that you didn't worry too much about him getting swept away, right?
~

It was beautiful, neither my wife or I had ever been to Hawaii before. Kauai is the "quiet" island. Not as touristy as Maui or Oahu. Small towns, beautiful scenery, which is what we were looking for. We were celebrating our 10th anniversary by the way.

But I was careful with #5. I kept him safe and sound the whole time. Can't say the same for my sunglasses though. One day while snorkeling, I set them up on a seawall that was about 8-10 feet high thinking, "oh the waves can't get them here", WRONG. When I came back I found the tide had gotten higher and my expensive prescription sunglasses were now swept off on a journey to Japan!

If only I had brought Peter's TARDIS, I could have gone back and stopped myself from setting them there.

BTW Ronpur, typical dog huh? Always loves to look out the window during a car ride!

"Go in the car boy? Go for a ride?"

"AF-IR-MA-TIVE MAS-TER"
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Clavius wrote:

BTW Ronpur, typical dog huh? Always loves to look out the window during a car ride!

"AF-IR-MA-TIVE MAS-TER"

Yes, and at every rest stop:
Where did WHO go? K9-walk
MAS-TER!! MAY I WALK!!??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Clavius wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

It was beautiful, neither my wife or I had ever been to Hawaii before. Kauai is the "quiet" island. Not as touristy as Maui or Oahu. Small towns, beautiful scenery, which is what we were looking for. We were celebrating our 10th anniversary by the way.

But I was careful with #5. I kept him safe and sound the whole time. Can't say the same for my sunglasses though. One day while snorkeling, I set them up on a seawall that was about 8-10 feet high thinking, "oh the waves can't get them here", WRONG. When I came back I found the tide had gotten higher and my expensive prescription sunglasses were now swept off on a journey to Japan!

If only I had brought Peter's TARDIS, I could have gone back and stopped myself from setting them there.

"AF-IR-MA-TIVE MAS-TER"

Ohhh big congrats on your 10th Anniversary! That is so cool! I'm glad that there is at least one island in the Hawaii chain that is quiet. That's the place that I would go to to explore and to just relax. I'm definitely not big on touristy spots, so thanks for letting me know about that! Ahh yeah, never under estimate the ocean. I'm not sure what would be worse, losing your expensive prescription glasses to the ocean, or your 5th Doctor.

~

Last edited by a1cmustangpilot on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't feel I should post any of my pics, since I do this frequently...)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Most of the pictures I like to take of my DW toys involves nature. I like travelling places and taking pictures of at least one Dalek (typically Gemini) at various cool spots I go to. As much as I love the city, sometimes it gets awfully boring to take pictures, even of my Dalek there. It's more of the fact that we don't really get to go to any city that's really exciting. Add on the fact that people tend to get paranoid when you're taking pictures of buildings around here, I tend to prefer the silent majesty of the forest to the irritating griping of annoying Washingtonians. Not only that, but the trees don't question your motives, they simply let you exist amongst them.

So this is just a compilation of some shots that I have taken of my toys around the Cascade Mountains as well as Puget Sound.

Where did WHO go? 001hp5rz
Where Has My Spirit Gone? - Ice Caves Trail Head; Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

Where did WHO go? 0002hzcq
Day at the Beach - Mukilteo Beach; Puget Sound

Where did WHO go? 0007qy6f
Much Bigger - Bear tracks at Verlot; Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

Where did WHO go? 0008469x
Exploring the Northwest - Snoqualmie Summit; Cascade Mtn Range

Where did WHO go? 000esthh
Buried - Verlot; Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

Where did WHO go? 000k34af
A Queenly Glow - Baseball field behind our house

Where did WHO go? 000zerkd
The Distance We've Gone - Mt. Pilchuck Base Camp - Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

Where did WHO go? 000zr4sx
That's the Summit! - Mt. Pilchuck Base Camp - Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

Where did WHO go? 0013rdqe
Not From There - Alkai Beach; Puget Sound

Where did WHO go? 0013xw5r
Mistress! - Alkai Beach; Puget Sound

Where did WHO go? 001b4ehc
Off to Explore New Worlds - City Park; Lake Stevens

...and that is all for the moment. I update my thread, "The Many Adventures of the Daleks" on the "Fan Creation" section. I love photography and nature. I used to take event pictures, but I am not inclined to do so anymore. I'm also not big on taking pictures of people unless family or friends. My toys don't complain, and nature doesn't get paranoid.
~
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:48 pm

I just took my younger niece plus rusty K9 on a short walk around the lake at our apartment complex today & snapped a few photos to share:

Where did WHO go? Img_1120
A very curious duck ...

Where did WHO go? Img_1121
I'm sure K9 has his nose blaster ready ...those geese were hungry!

Where did WHO go? Img_1122
Sitting on a bridge rail overlooking one of the the inlet streams, Mt. Rose looming majestically there (Tahoe's just the other side)

Where did WHO go? Img_1123
My niece doing some rudimentary rock climbing. Maybe next year it'll be Yosemite Mountaineering School for her! Wink

Where did WHO go? Img_1124
And a look back up at the bridge before heading home.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Lake Tahoe, Nevada, right? That looks gorgeous out there, much like Eastern Washington here, except more greenery!

I uh, am actually surprised you got K-9 that close to the geese. Unless that's forced perspective, there's no way I'd trust geese that much to get that close to them! So kudos, you beat my challenge! Very Happy

~
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Some beautifully done pics a1 and neogeo! Really glad to see folks are running with this idea. I think it's a lot of fun!

I'm going to take a few pics around some familiar landmarks here in my hometown and post them soon!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Nice I will do the same when I go on my vacation. I'm bringing my raggedy doctor with me. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:23 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Lake Tahoe, Nevada, right? That looks gorgeous out there, much like Eastern Washington here, except more greenery!

I uh, am actually surprised you got K-9 that close to the geese. Unless that's forced perspective, there's no way I'd trust geese that much to get that close to them! So kudos, you beat my challenge! Very Happy

~

Nope, the duck was 4 feet or so away, the geese 6 or 7 there. The geese actually got closer than the duck at one point. Off camera my niece was throwing bread to keep them close but also to distract them from the rusty little pooch. SiSi did get her fingers nipped once, and a goose went for her toes as well. Talk about an incensed little girl!

It is beautiful here. I'm actually way in south Reno in the South Meadows area much closer to Steamboat than I am to downtown Reno (thank goodness!). The one thing that I am sad about is the lack of snow on Mt. Rose--the last few patches melted away over the weekend. She's not nevada anymore ...
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Clavius wrote:
Some beautifully done pics a1 and neogeo! Really glad to see folks are running with this idea. I think it's a lot of fun!

I'm going to take a few pics around some familiar landmarks here in my hometown and post them soon!

Its a great, fun idea. I felt a little silly when some people came by and gave me a double-take, but my niece & I had fun and that's what counts, no? And thanks for the compliments! I'm looking forward to posing K9 or some other figure(s) when the aspen change, the snow falls, the cherries & thistle blossom again, &c. Who knows, i may even make it up to Tahoe proper and take a Who with me if I make it up to Sand Harbor again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:30 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:

~

Nope, the duck was 4 feet or so away, the geese 6 or 7 there. The geese actually got closer than the duck at one point. Off camera my niece was throwing bread to keep them close but also to distract them from the rusty little pooch. SiSi did get her fingers nipped once, and a goose went for her toes as well. Talk about an incensed little girl!

It is beautiful here. I'm actually way in south Reno in the South Meadows area much closer to Steamboat than I am to downtown Reno (thank goodness!). The one thing that I am sad about is the lack of snow on Mt. Rose--the last few patches melted away over the weekend. She's not nevada anymore ...

Ahh so it was forced perspective then! Still, that's closer than I would get to geese, knowing how tempermental they are. I'm sorry your niece got nipped. Hopefully she didn't become afraid of them? Here you're not allowed to feed the ducks or geese because of over-population and the health concerns.

Ahh nice! Well, it is summer, can't expect the snow to stay there all year eh? Dad and I know that the ice caves will be much bigger in the winter. I miss the snow here. I just love winter more than summer. Nothing beats a clear winter day. It feels like morning all day long and when the fog rolls over the snow... *dies* ...it's absolutely gorgeous.

~
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:

~

Ahh so it was forced perspective then! Still, that's closer than I would get to geese, knowing how tempermental they are. I'm sorry your niece got nipped. Hopefully she didn't become afraid of them? Here you're not allowed to feed the ducks or geese because of over-population and the health concerns.

Ahh nice! Well, it is summer, can't expect the snow to stay there all year eh? Dad and I know that the ice caves will be much bigger in the winter. I miss the snow here. I just love winter more than summer. Nothing beats a clear winter day. It feels like morning all day long and when the fog rolls over the snow... *dies* ...it's absolutely gorgeous.

~

I suppose it was forced perspective. I learned photog with an SLR, but used an P&S Elph today.

SiSi is certainly not scared of the geese either! She read the nipper the riot act, waggling her finger in the goose's face & all. She hissed back when s/he hissed at her. It was too funny!

I'm a fall & spring fellow, with a strong attachment to winter as well. I missed the snow all the years I lived in NorCal (Bay Area) but have to admit, I seriously miss a good Sonoma County morning fog!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Just two pics I took today of Dixie up in Arlington along the Centinniel trail. My dad had to go to the Doctor's and instead of keeping me inside a cramped and very boring waiting area, he let me wander around town for the hour that we were there. Arlington is an old farming/railroad city with beautiful paintings on the backside of buildings. I didn't take any pics of mainstreet, as the attraction for me were the murals as well as the various sculptures along the trail. I love our Native heritage up here, which is why I hate "Twilight".

Where did WHO go? 001kqypr
Moo, Anyone?

Where did WHO go? 001kkfrs
Closed, for Now

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Nice pics. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm

If they ever put out a Gunfighter Hartnell, I'll take him downtown to the Alamo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:30 pm

Okay this is what I mean by forced perspective. I took this shot down at Mukilteo yesterday.

Where did WHO go? 001kthd0

~
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:37 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Okay this is what I mean by forced perspective. I took this shot down at Mukilteo yesterday.

Where did WHO go? 001kthd0

~

That water looks awful close ...how close was it?

I am so missing my SLR ...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:39 pm

Oh, I meant to post this immediately after, but here is the aftermath:

Where did WHO go? 001kwte9

All I will say is that I was far back enough where I wasn't afraid that waves those size were going to sweep my toys away. Those waves were about normal, but then some of the 28'+ pleasure cruisers were coming through and sent a volley of bigger waves breaking at about 18" onto the shore. No, I didn't put my toys near that. Waves off of boats are unpredictable and our shore drops within a few feet.
~
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Where did WHO go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did WHO go?   Where did WHO go? EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Greatings all from the snowy state of Michigan! Kinda let this thread go a bit, was hoping to keep up on it more, but given our recent pounding by old man winter, I thought i'd get outside with the camera and have some fun...

The DoctorDonna arrive on the planet Backyardia, a cold and inhospitable world
Where did WHO go? Pic1

Apparently the Tardis materialized on the edge of a snow cliff
Where did WHO go? Pic2

A helpful Ood sees the DoctorDonna off to their next adventure. And none too soon too as the great pink snow beast grows nearer in the background.
Where did WHO go? Doctordonna

Years later, The Doctor revisits Backyardia...
Where did WHO go? Panel1
"No sign of life anywhere Amy, it's safe to come out!"

Where did WHO go? Panel2
"The only thing that could possibly survive here are..."

Where did WHO go? Panel3
"SNOW ANGELS!"

After narrowly escaping the Snow Angels, The Doctor and Amy explore further...
Where did WHO go? Snowsupreme
"We must be alert, Daleks can be hiding ANYWHERE!"
Back to top Go down

Where did WHO go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: