cinnur
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n Empty
PostSubject: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 pm

I think that scene in "The Eleventh Hour" of the Doctor facing the big bad alien eye on the roof top is likely one of the best moments in Doctor Who, new or old.
The snaps of all the previous incarnations and him just telling the bulging eye to run!

Great moment!
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Best scene... hard to define, that. And are you asking best scene since 2005, or just in the 5th series? Looks like your subject was cut off.

Best scene in the 5th series, in my opinion... that's got to be at the end of Vincent and the Doctor, where the Doctor asks the curator about Van Gogh, while he's listening in.

Amazingly potent, that scene. Absolutely incredible.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:29 pm

I'm going to answer for series 5, since if you're asking since 2005, we'd have to be here all day! Very Happy

My favourites would have to be the fish custard scene in the Eleventh Hour, and the "what's the point of you?" scene in Amy's Choice when Rory dies and Amy realises her true feelings, as well as the scene when everyone wakes up in the TARDIS, and Amy tells Rory she loves him without actually telling him...Rory knocking down the Doctor when he dares to imply Amy is not the most important woman in the universe, in The Big Bang, when Rory becomes the lone centurion, and when Amy finds out what he's done just before their reunion in the museum...Amy and Rory's wedding, and when Amy brings the Doctor back! Just a great series altogether!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:15 pm

I can't comment on the Classic series because I haven't seen enough of it yet. Though the scene where Jon Pertwee has to leave the "Sideways World" in Inferno - where his last witness account is the Alternate Universe versions of his friends, including his companion, facing absolute destruction - is fairly powerful.

The Eccleston/Tennant years is easy: The sequence in Family of Blood where John Smith is struggling with becoming The Doctor, and how he doesn't want to disappear.

The current Doctor? Practically the entire episode Amy's Choice. Especially the interactions between the Doctor and the Dream Lord.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Vicki wrote:
I'm going to answer for series 5, since if you're asking since 2005, we'd have to be here all day! Very Happy

My favourites would have to be the fish custard scene in the Eleventh Hour, and the "what's the point of you?" scene in Amy's Choice when Rory dies and Amy realises her true feelings, as well as the scene when everyone wakes up in the TARDIS, and Amy tells Rory she loves him without actually telling him...Rory knocking down the Doctor when he dares to imply Amy is not the most important woman in the universe, in The Big Bang, when Rory becomes the lone centurion, and when Amy finds out what he's done just before their reunion in the museum...Amy and Rory's wedding, and when Amy brings the Doctor back! Just a great series altogether!

These are all great . . . Plus the entire opening sequence to "The Big Bang" was perfection. It brought it all to the beginning, was fun, was suspenseful, and was shocking.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:25 pm

i would have said the dreamlord sequences(love the dreamlord, bring him back moffat!!!), however, i would have to say that in the big bang, when the doctor is saying goodbye to child amy, telling her about the adventures they never had, how he was just a daft old man who borrowed a tardis, really showed the scope of matt smith's acting.

like i've said since this series started, matt smith has proved me wrong at every case. he makes me laugh, makes me cry, he is a very accomplished actor for such a young age, that really can do the doctor. hopefully he stays around for awhile longer. "alien" tom lasted for 7 years, i've always wanted someone to top him, and i almost think smith is so "alien" that he might be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:28 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
i would have said the dreamlord sequences(love the dreamlord, bring him back moffat!!!), however, i would have to say that in the big bang, when the doctor is saying goodbye to child amy, telling her about the adventures they never had, how he was just a daft old man who borrowed a tardis, really showed the scope of matt smith's acting.

like i've said since this series started, matt smith has proved me wrong at every case. he makes me laugh, makes me cry, he is a very accomplished actor for such a young age, that really can do the doctor. hopefully he stays around for awhile longer. "alien" tom lasted for 7 years, i've always wanted someone to top him, and i almost think smith is so "alien" that he might be able to do it.
I've heard rumors that Matt wants to beat Tom's record! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:30 pm

I hope not. I love him but welcome the change. Hopefully not longer than 3 years for me.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:12 pm

colin said that too, hope this doesn't curse matt!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Doctor Who Freak wrote:
I've heard rumors that Matt wants to beat Tom's record! Very Happy

I hope he can!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:40 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
I hope not. I love him but welcome the change. Hopefully not longer than 3 years for me.

Same here!

*secretly rooting for David Morrissey to be the 12th Doctor*

~
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:47 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

Same here!

~

Seconded! Oh, he was brilliant, he was, in The Next Doctor!

How they'd explain him looking the same, I dunno. Well, if they even bothered. Still, he'd be absolutely brilliant as the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

Same here!

~

That would be interesting. I'm thinking either the 50th anniversary story should be Smith's final story, or the next doctor's first story. Personally, I think it would be interesting to have both 11 and 12 meet each other, right before 11 regenerates, and 12 has regenerated. Somehow overlap the regeneration, you know what I mean? Timey-Whimey goodness.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:21 pm

khana wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

Same here!

~

Seconded! Oh, he was brilliant, he was, in The Next Doctor!

How they'd explain him looking the same, I dunno. Well, if they even bothered. Still, he'd be absolutely brilliant as the Doctor.

Easily! Romana did it by regenerating into Astra's form after they left the planet. Her reasoning was that they would never see her again so there wasn't a problem. I highly doubt the Doctor would ever meet Jackson Lake again so there wouldn't be an issue.

Problem solved. Very Happy

Morrissey is my fanon 12th Doctor because of this reason. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:05 am

kcooper76 wrote:

If everything is going well, I think five years might be a good target, three is a bit short.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Three years is just too little time. Look at Davison and McCoy: both were just getting really interesting in the role, then...poof! Gone. What a shame.

Then again, Matt Smith's Doctor was so much better-realized than most new Doctors, he didn't need that first series to define the character. Maybe he could do more with the role in three years' time.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:12 pm

If the writing remains consistent, he can stay in the role for as long as he likes. Just keep me entertained, and I'm good.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:45 pm

one reason i like smith's performance is that he reminds me of tom baker's take on the character. tom was very "alien", both on the show and off. i'm sure smith is just acting, but if he keeps the character aloof and wierd, he can keep going for a long period of time. the difference between him and tennant was that tennant had a character arc. by the final specials, there was nowhere for the character of the tenth doctor to go anymore. tom was able to do the show for 7 years because he was the same character he started off with. strange.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:51 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
one reason i like smith's performance is that he reminds me of tom baker's take on the character. tom was very "alien", both on the show and off. i'm sure smith is just acting, but if he keeps the character aloof and wierd, he can keep going for a long period of time. the difference between him and tennant was that tennant had a character arc. by the final specials, there was nowhere for the character of the tenth doctor to go anymore. tom was able to do the show for 7 years because he was the same character he started off with. strange.

I don't know . . . Have you seen the confidential episodes? He's pretty strange in real life! (in a good way)
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n   Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:39 pm

i think that could be what makes him so convincing. i always thought the same about tom.
Back to top Go down

Would do you think is the best scene in the series so far, n
Page 1 of 1