24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Eccleston was my favorite new series Doctor, but I recognize Tennant was the best, if that makes sense. My favorite new series episodes are invariably his. Blink, Fear Her, Midnight, Human Nature/Family of Blood, he's brilliant in The Shakespeare Code. Very infectious performance.

However, having just rewatched EoT, I have to say I thought his final scenes were far too protracted. I wish they had cut out all the goodbyes - the Mickey/Martha one was particularly contrived. Why would they get married? Probably the Rose one would've been enough.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:55 pm

He certainly had the best costume.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Has anyone else noticed that David is now a father, with Georgia Moffet giving birth to a daughter? Which makes Peter a grandfather again. So the Doctor is now a father and grandfather to the same baby! lol
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that David is now a father, with Georgia Moffet giving birth to a daughter? Which makes Peter a grandfather again. So the Doctor is now a father and grandfather to the same baby! lol

Yep. That's a son & daughter for Georgia now. I'm big, huge smiles for her, David, Tyler, Peter, Sandra, Claude, Sheila, Harold, Sylvia, Sandy and I'm sure Helen is looking down on her little granddaughter! sunny
Back to top Go down
jean

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:32 pm

i loved DT as well. broke my heart when he left. have watched the End of Days many times and cry every time he says "i dont want to go"
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Giving this thread a "bump" to show our our love of the Tenth Doctor, David Tennant...
Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 Tumblr_mcqim9PtnF1qcwhkeo1_400

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Who North America wrote:
OK, I am starting this sticky thread just so people can express how they feel about him as the 10th Doctor, and just maybe David Tennant might read them all and be encouraged Very Happy

Encouraged to do what? Did I miss something?

And Tennant was a world of awesome in a pin striped suit.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 am

I just had a blast watching the show "Decoy Bride" starring David Tennant I love you Absolutely a must see for female fans of his Razz It is available on Netflix.

Jany

Last edited by Who North America on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:19 am

Shaftyboy wrote:
Who North America wrote:
OK, I am starting this sticky thread just so people can express how they feel about him as the 10th Doctor, and just maybe David Tennant might read them all and be encouraged Very Happy

Encouraged to do what? Did I miss something?

And Tennant was a world of awesome in a pin striped suit.

Every actor I am sure has some down time when reading the good things that his fans think of him might encourage him. Or I am sure it is nice to read nice things about yourself. This world is too full of negative comments so positive reinforcements are ALWAYS needed (that is if he reads this forum Wink )

Jany
Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:40 pm

I know there is a Happy Birthday thread on our forum but.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID TENNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today David turns 42 years old *cough* I mean...about 1,042 Wink
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:33 pm

My, my.....he does not look a day over 30! Razz

Jany
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 pm

agreed JANY! Saw the decoy bride by the way...could not resist to get a tennant fix.
Looking forward to seeing broad church.
Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:57 am

I love Tennant, I've watched more of his season episodes lately and he really gave me the feels. Tears, happiness, sorrow, he lead me on a journey. I have a cosplay costume of him as well. Although Tennant was not my Doctor (kind of) I thoroughly enjoy his performances as the Doctor and I was actually hoping that he would come back as the 12th doctor (even if that meant a de-generation process.) Tennant is perfectionate, crazy, intelligent and has not disappoint me yet. (Ok...maybe when his clone kissed Rose-then I was mad... Wink ) I absolutely adore Tennant and I cannot wait to see the collaboration in the 50th anniversary episode with him and Smitty.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Glad he has gone and Matt is here.... David was too pretty, never liked his doctors personality, I never got into his story's and rose bugged men then the mouth on legs ll ie Donna drove me insane with her Wot, Wot, Wot....... don't make me think of it all PUKE
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Um....does that rant really belong here? I liked Donna fine, btw, she was much more like the classic companion.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
Um....does that rant really belong here?

He has a point. The purpose of these "Doctor-centric" sticky threads is for fans to celebrate these gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:26 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Invisible Supreme wrote:
Um....does that rant really belong here?

He has a point. The purpose of these "Doctor-centric" sticky threads is for fans to celebrate these gentlemen.

Seeing as some are not pleased with my "rant" I'll add to it

My wife liked David, and as I said the women love the pretty boy and because of him she got into doctor who more now I can educate her more on the finer points of the series that is doctor who!

I did enjoy seeing Sarah jane , k9, Davros... Time crash was very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
Arrmya119
Arrmya119

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 am

I was sad to see Tennant go, and it's sad too that Smith needs to go to, but at the end of the day, everything needs to end so something new can start again.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Just watched this Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9V4Lu_lmxI

Loved it!

Jany
Back to top Go down
Chuzzlewit
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tribute to David Tennant - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Tennant may be the most human and emo and lovey dovey of all the Doctors, but we still like him, and things from his era, pretty much. And, he truly is a pretty good actor, if you watch things he does besides Doctor Who. He has a full range way beyond, "I'm so, so sorry," he really does.

Back to top Go down

Tribute to David Tennant
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2