Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

A story arc I'd like to see

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A story arc I'd like to see Empty
PostSubject: A story arc I'd like to see   A story arc I'd like to see EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:12 pm

If RTD hadn't fenced in the current Whoniverse to be devoid of Time Lords that could be sniffed out a mile away, I would like to see an arc where The Doctor is forced to chase down a regenerated Meddling Monk and Rani working together to conduct the perfect experiment to screw up historical events and timelines across multiple worlds and time periods. They would need no real purpose for doing it other than to be "anti Doctors" and run loose. If you are familiar with author Harry Turtledove, I would like to see a backdrop of alternate 'what if' changes to the existing timelines and world events that have to be strategically undone by the Doctor through tough choices that fix time. Imagine- Tardis chase scenes, historical puzzles, timey wimey messes created across the cosmos. I would like to see James Nesbitt as a slightly insane but crafty Monk, with the Rani played by Keely Hawes from Ashes to Ashes, who likes the Doctor but also wants to show him she's smarter. Each Ep could stand alone and serve the overall arc, you would see how complex the puzzle really becomes. Borrowing from Batman, sort of the Monk as a Riddler type, and Rani as a Catwoman type figure.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: A story arc I'd like to see   A story arc I'd like to see EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:58 am

Interesting. That could create a whole weird story-arc where history has changed every time the TARDIS lands somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: A story arc I'd like to see   A story arc I'd like to see EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Star Trek has practically killed the whole alternative timeline for me.
Back to top Go down

A story arc I'd like to see
Page 1 of 1