Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!

Go down 
+20
Whovian
Sabalom Glitz
bret_owen99
SeaDevil
rdks
Doctor Detroit
happydalek
Gunny
artanyus
Shatterbang
amagon
Rust
terrasolo
Calixar
Ronpur
jaredofmo
mysterylad
Vicki
^o^CORVUS^o^
RevClaire
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 PDVD_746-1

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 PDVD_743-1

And that's all I have to say about that.

~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Perfect.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:28 pm

There are two and a half facts that tell me he's canon:

the 1/2 fact-He was on the TV Screen. Granted, so was Dimensions in Time, hence the 1/2.

1. He's appeared in three flashback sequences on Doctor Who AND a drawing in the Journal.

2. Character Options made a figure of him and put it in a box called the ELEVEN Doctors.

That's all. Much love
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:59 pm

My son LOVES the Eighth Doctor! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 Img_1683
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Looks like he loves to chew on him! Razz

~
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:05 pm

He chews on EVERYTHING. He has no teeth yet so he can't damage them.

When I put the 11 Doctors in front of him, he always grabs Eight. No idea why. He usually goes for the brightest colours so I thought Pertwee would be his target, but no. He has to have the only figure I only have 1 of. At least they're waterproof!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:12 pm

rdks wrote:

When I put the 11 Doctors in front of him, he always grabs Eight. No idea why. He usually goes for the brightest colours so I thought Pertwee would be his target, but no. He has to have the only figure I only have 1 of. At least they're waterproof!

Yes! That is true! There's no harm in gumming them at least. That's real cute though, he obviously knows who the best Doctor is. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
rdks wrote:

Yes! That is true! There's no harm in gumming them at least. That's real cute though, he obviously knows who the best Doctor is. Very Happy
~

No, he didn't grab the Second Doctor... Heheh... To each their own Doctor...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:32 pm

One of my biggest disappointments in Who is the fact that Paul has never had a chance to appear in another TV episode. But one of my biggest thrills is listening to Paul on the BBC7/BFA CDs. He is my favorite on those audios. Colin is my second favorite audio actor. The 2 Doctors who were shortchanged on TV episodes made a fantastic comeback thanks to these wonderful stories. I am so glad I found them!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:46 pm

I think he wants his shoes! After all, they fit perfectly. cheers
rdks wrote:
My son LOVES the Eighth Doctor! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 Img_1683
Back to top Go down
Whovian

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: You people!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:08 pm

You people and your obsession with the so-called eighth doctor!

Don't you think I was just like you after Survival aired and wanted Doctor Who to return in the 1990s as badly as you?

I was a hardcore Whovian (hence my handle) and I attended multiple conventions back when it was uncool to do so.

In other words, I have Who street cred.

I desperately wanted the 1996 TV movie to work. I don't think anyone wanted it to work more than I did. But it was a DISASTER and I am not ashamed to admit that. Like I posted earlier, when I first saw the film I was EMBARRASSED beyond belief. It was a mockery of everything Who.

I can't believe that I am the only one on this forum who "hates the eight".

So you can imagine how I felt before I saw Rose back in 2005. I was extremely skeptical. But I am so happy that they got it right and made it BRITISH again...and not some AMERICAN piece of crap.

Twisted Evil HATE THE EIGHT Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Dude-- you could be the second coming of Bill Hartnell and it wouldn't make your opinion worth more than anybody else's. I don't care how much "street cred" you have, it doesn't make you the grand arbiter of taste in all of time and space. We know you don't like 8. We (at least I) respect that you don't like 8. Post about it all you want, make your own thread dedicated to crapping all over him, burn him in effigy-- I do not care. But coming into a thread that is, at least now, dedicated to enjoying his tenure as Doctor? Dick move, man, especially on a board that takes such pride in its civility.

I'm not even that fond of him (at least not nearly as much as some of our other members), but it's just getting obnoxious. It's like crashing a 6 year old's tea party and complaining she's not serving Earl Grey. Repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Whovian

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:43 pm

ReverendKain wrote:
make your own thread dedicated to crapping all over him, burn him in effigy-- I do not care. But coming into a thread that is, at least now, dedicated to enjoying his tenure as Doctor? Dick move, man
I will try to refrain from posting any more about him. I think I have given him too much attention as it is.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:44 am

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 Mcgann2-1

Eight is just awesome. He is very emotional, and I love that about him.

This really captures a lot of who he is. Passionate, caring, and lovable.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:59 am

Whovian wrote:
ReverendKain wrote:
make your own thread dedicated to crapping all over him, burn him in effigy-- I do not care. But coming into a thread that is, at least now, dedicated to enjoying his tenure as Doctor? Dick move, man
I will try to refrain from posting any more about him. I think I have given him too much attention as it is.

I have been ignoring this topic for a while, so I'm not completely caught up. Whovian, are you saying you dislike the movie or dislike 8? There is a huge difference, and it is possible to have different opinions on both. I loved 8, but believe the movie was plagued by terrible writing and worse acting. Technically speaking, it really . . . oh, I don't want to get into it. All I'm saying is, you can't simply dislike 8 just because you didn't like the movie. I agree with everyone that I wish he would have had the chance to appear in some other television format.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:35 am

This thread was originally started because of something I had seen debated on LJ and I thought that I could bring the question here and have it intelligently debated without it being reduced to outright character bashing. There's a difference between playful jests and then someone being outright mean.

Thank you Kain for your defense, I truly appreciate it. Your comparison couldn't have been more accurate too. Yeah, I'm a bit "silly" for the Eighth Doctor, but it's always been in good fun. I love all the Doctors, even nine and eleven, and will make playful jests about them all. Eight just happens to be the one that I love listening to with audios.

Once I knew that Eight was indeed canon, I did change the thread so that way it didn't have to be debated anymore and that way those who like the Eighth Doctor and Paul McGann could just praise him, etc. Yes, I was tired of the debate and mostly, tired of the character dissing. I wanted the thread to be supportive.

But now, I wish that I hadn't even created this thread. I wish I had asked to get it closed so that way I didn't have to read what was posted earlier. I know it's just a character, and I should just get over it, but seriously... do you take great pleasure in tearing the joy out of others? Does it somehow make the pain of your life that much easier, because now that you've spouted all your hatred against a character that some of us really like?

I can respect that you don't like the Eighth Doctor, nor do you consider him canon. What else do you want, seriously? I'll tell you this though, there is nothing you can ever say that will make me love my Doctor any less. Nothing you could possibly come up with will ever change my mind. And just because you hate him doesn't mean that I should like him any less.
~
Back to top Go down
Whovian

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:49 am

kcooper76 wrote:
Whovian, are you saying you dislike the movie or dislike 8?
Actually, that is a good question. I never thought about it like that. I hate the movie...and I think that translated into hating the 8th incarnation of the doctor.

But the fact of the matter is, I have no opinion on the character himself. It's sort of a moot point.

I guess what I am saying is...by not recognizing the movie, the 8th incarnation (whoever the actor may be - doesn't matter) should not be recognized.

I hope that clears it up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Please Mods, delete this thread. It was supposed to be in good fun, but it's not.

PLEASE DELETE IT!

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:27 pm

"Tigger! I love Tigger!" - "Caerdroia"

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Who can forget this guy?

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 PDVD_097-1-1

That movie certainly had a lot of hilarious moments.

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 PDVD_046-1-1

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 PDVD_052-1-1

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 PDVD_017-1-1

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:40 pm

I can't wait to see "The One that Got Away" for it has two actors I like in it, Paul McGann and David Morrissey. It also involves the Gulf War from the SAS point of view, which intrigues me because it's even harder to find anything on the subject than for things relating to the US involvement, which is slim-pickings as well.

I've got reservations about the film though, but that has mostly everything to do with the conflict and what happens to captured SAS.

So what have I seen of his...

-The Three Musketeers
-Doctor Who: The Movie
-Fairy Tale: a True Story (CUTE!)
-Horatio Hornblower (favourite)
-Collision
-Kidnapped
-Our Mutal Friend
-Miss Marple: (I don't recall the episode title at the moment)

Audios:
-BFA (at least half from each series)
-"Lost and Found" by Oliver Jeffers
-"A Very Merry Little Christmas" - he even reads the Night Before Christmas story as well as the Christmas Elves and the Shoemaker. Dad really liked that cd.

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:43 pm

"Collision" is fantastic if you haven't seen it. It's an incredible drama that keeps you riveted through all of it. McGann plays a wealthy business man, Richard Reeves. He also speaks German briefly, which is awesome. Very Happy

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 Soundofthecity-1

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 Fluffyfluff-1

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 Verycute-1-1
uh... favourite moment? Very Happy

Yes, that is the same actress who played Maid Marion in the BBC tv series "Robin Hood", which is one of the reasons my friend wanted to see it. I only knew that Douglas Henshall was in it when I was coaxed into the drama.
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 Whatdoyouthink-1

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:54 pm

McGann does portray his villain characters quite well, though I haven't seen (or heard) him play anything that is truly wicked. I've only seen him in more arrogant, prick roles than anything. I know that if I was a "fan" I would see "Alien 3" but I have no intention of putting myself through a movie that gave me nightmares when I saw the original when I was little. I'm not a fan of slimy icky alien thingies... I mean, I didn't like the Slitheen, what makes you think that I'm going to enjoy that? I don't mean to be girly, but ... ew.

My favourite role of his, for tv/movie is definitely the "Horatio Hornblower" series. His character is quite ... charming... though I suspect that Mr. Bush has the capacity for being one of those NCOs who made you cower in fear a lot. He was a great friend to Horatio though, and very loyal, staying on the shore with Mr. Kennedy to help Horatio. Very noble!

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love! - Page 6 SternFace-1

~
Back to top Go down

Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next