Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?

Go down 
+6
jaredofmo
bret_owen99
RevClaire
happydalek
Rocco
khana
10 posters
AuthorMessage
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? Empty
PostSubject: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:13 pm

I've been finding myself compulsively re-watching a bunch of episodes from series 1-4.5, and I wonder how many others have been subject to that same compulsion Razz

I'm only newly acquainted with Doctor Who (I only actually learned it exists about a month or so ago, and have become utterly and completely captivated by it), and despite that newness, I've rewatched some episodes probably 10 times already.

God knows how many times I may rewatch them over the years O.o

What about you lot? What's the most (approximately, of course) do you think you've ever rewatched any single DW episode?
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:25 pm

I have re-watched David Tennant Series 2 Finale(both episodes) Over 50 times. I love having the Daleks and Cyberman battle. Its a perfect plot line. Steven Moffat is a great writer and has much better(in my opinion) plots then Russell. T. Davies did most of the time. But his episodes are those episodes you only watch once or twice because you get sick of them.
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Well, this is potentially pretty embarrassing, but when it comes to my favorites (City of Death, Caves of Androzani, Curse of Peladon, Warrior's Gate, Ghost Light, Pyramids of Mars, Ambassadors of Death, Mind of Evil, The Daemons), I've probably seen them around 25-30 times each. Granted, this is over the past 35 years or so, but still -- think of all the new tv shows or movies I could have watched in that time! But I truly enjoy the time I spend rewatching those Doctor Whos, so ultimately, that's all that matters Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:36 pm

One could make the obvious joke that Warriors' Gate and Ghost Light required most of those 25 viewings just to make sense of them, but it ain't this one. Wink

That said, I tend to rewatch fairly equally, with the stories I've got on DVD having gotten around 5-7 viewings each.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 5:39 pm

"The Doctor Who" movie is the one that I watch most frequently.

The other two that I seem to watch a lot are "The Next Doctor" as well as "Planet of the Dead" for the fact that they're a lot of fun and neither make me cry.

Oh, did I mention that one has Lee Evans and the other has David Morrissey? Hee!

I'm still trying to get caught up with the classic series to really watch a lot of them repeatedly. I did try watching "The Caves of Androzani" until I learned that it was the regeneration episode and decided that I didn't feel like my first episode of Peter Davidson should be his last one.

"School Reunion" is another one that I like watching repeatedly for Sarah Jane Smith and K-9. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Quote :
One could make the obvious joke that Warriors' Gate and Ghost Light required most of those 25 viewings just to make sense of them, but it ain't this one.

No, that's OK, Rev! I was baffled by them upon first viewing, which is part of what led me to watch them one more time, and then again, and pretty soon they became among my favorites. I actually thanked Andrew Cartmel for his DVD commentary on Ghost Light, as it clarified one of the big misconceptions I had (I thought that Control got her name because she was in charge of the mission, and at some point Light overthrew her and took command), and he was really cool, saying he had never thought of it like that, and how he could easily see how I interpreted it that way.

There's STILL one thing I can't figure out, which is when Redvers introduces himself to the Doctor, and he says "I'm a member of the Royal Geographic Society," and the Doctor replies "So am I, ??????" -- what does he say? The DVD closed-captioning doesn't attempt to decipher it, and it wasn't in the Ghost Light script book either!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:09 pm

i've probably watched every "new" series 5 times at least. when i first started watching who on pbs years ago, they would replay all the time, so i would say from doc 3-7(they didn't do the black and white episodes, my first exposure to those were at a convention) i watched around 3 times each. last year i started my classics on dvd collection. i got around 40 stories, and have started to re-watch episodes i'd loved as a kid(3, 4, 5, and 6 are up to 4-5 times now, don't have too many dvd's of 7, even though he is my favorite, and have vhs still i taped off pbs). i too have watched the tv movie several times(first off vhs i had from the first night they showed it, then from a scifi channel replay, finally from the uk dvd).

and just to supress any naysayers, i have watched every matt smith episode at least twice(once by myself, and the second time with my nieces and nephews who i got into who. my nephew likes the new stuff, but my niece prefers the black and white episodes with troughton and hartnell i have on dvd)
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Note I've only been a Who fan for almost a year, but...

My record is "The Eleventh Hour." Eight times.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:51 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

Really? You seem like you know everything there is to know.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Rocco wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

I do? I don't. The internet helps, though.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Rocco wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

I do? I don't. The internet helps, though.

Oh Lol. I've watched since Series 1 returned. I was skimming thru television at like midnight one night and just came across 2 people on a ship watching the Earth. Ever since then i have loved the show. I sadly have had trouble getting my hands on the older episodes D: i really wanna see the movie):
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Heh, yes, too many times to count in some cases. Having been a fan since 1978 and having watched it for many years on public TV, I rewatched many, many episodes.

As far as the new series goes, I've watched all of series 1 about 3 times, and seasons 2, 3, and 4 twice, and several episodes within more than that. I've also re-watched the specials.

In terms of series 5, I've watched most of the episodes at least twice because I was reviewing. I've watched "Vincent and the Doctor" about 4 times already.

========================================
...^o^CORVUS^o^
Doctor Who: The Winds of Time
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:20 pm

I've lost count, seriously, I have watched some of these shows so many times that I rally cant recall.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I don't know about "how many times," but when I can't decide what to watch, I usually go to "Ambassadors of Death, Daemons, Sea Devils (of course), Frontier in Space, Pyramids of Mars," or "Five Doctors" - if I want to watch just a single story. If I want a marathon over some time, I'll watch the First Series or the Fourth Series of the current run.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 pm

I like overs, have watched the series 2 finale many, many times.
Back to top Go down
hartnells_monocle
hartnells_monocle

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:22 pm

There are some episodes I must have watched getting on for about 50 times (yes I know how bad that is!). I suspect that The Deadly Assasin and Logopolis must be the most rewatched. Oddly, I find that more recently when I rewatch one of these it feels more like background music. After a hard day it's something from a more innocent time to soothe the soul. Find it alot easier to watch the black and white episodes thanks to the restoration team's excellent work on the DVDs. All the flickering on the old VHS copies used to give me a headache!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?   How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:36 pm

I'm still relatively new to the fandom, but I do love watching "The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit". It's actually the episode I like introducing people to Doctor Who with, and it works extremely well as a movie in its own right.

Also, I'm a sucker for Demonic Entity stories (Less "Exorcist" and more "Event Horizon").

For the latest season, "Amy's Choice" gets the nod as most viewed, at three times watched.
Back to top Go down

How much have you ever re-watched an episode of Doctor Who?
Page 1 of 1