Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)   Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:51 pm

A big theme through "Series 5" was "Time can be re-written," and the finale wound up doing a big re-write of Series 5, so let's see if we can explain how it works:

- The Eleventh Hour Likely happens mainly as it was show, except Amy's family now lives with her. Presumably, when the Doctor meets Amelia, her family is asleep, and when he returns 12 years later, only Amy is home.
- The Beast Below Happens as shown, just now with no crack.
- Victory of the Daleks Happens as shown, just now with no crack. Amy might or might not remember the Dalek invasion of Earth.
- The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone Without the crack present, it is hard to say what happened, unless they managed to trap the Angels again. Anyways, it's safe to say the Angels will be back.
- Vampires of Venice As the cracks didn't happen, either the Saturnians did not arrive in Venice, or they found another way. Difficult to say.
- Amy's Choice Happens as shown.
- The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood With no crack, Rory doesn't die, as the Doctor did not stop to investigate the crack, so they reached the TARDIS before Restac could shoot Rory.
- Vincent and the Doctor Happens as shown, Rory likely taking a minuscule role.
- The Lodger Happens as shown, Rory is on board the TARDIS to assist Amy now. (Drat. I'd love to see him and Amy shouting "KISS THE GIRL!")
- The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang These now exist only in the memories of the Doctor, Amy, River, and possibly Rory. Because the TARDIS allows for paradoxical objects to exist inside, that is why the Doctor has River's vortex manipulator. The Doctor returns Amy and Rory to their homes in time for the wedding, but due to the side effects of the rewriting of Time, they forget the Doctor until River Song's gift reminds Amy, cuing the Doctor's entrance.

Okay. I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)   Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:20 pm

But the Doctor, Amy, and Rory should sill remember them as they originally happened, right? Others would remember the re-written versions.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)   Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Ronpur wrote:
But the Doctor, Amy, and Rory should sill remember them as they originally happened, right? Others would remember the re-written versions.

Yes. Should have said that.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)   Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Then I like your theory!!
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)   Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Works for me, chief!

(Although I suppose to simplify things Rory could have also been returned to his bachelor party between the Silurian two-parter and the Van Gogh adventure)
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)   Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:56 pm

ReverendKain wrote:
Works for me, chief!

(Although I suppose to simplify things Rory could have also been returned to his bachelor party between the Silurian two-parter and the Van Gogh adventure)

Yeah, Rory comes back, and says, "Hold on, mates! I just got the Doctor to put this party on a time loop so we can go as long as we want!"
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)   Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:07 pm

"He also left this keg of... green... stuff! Said it was from... somewhere I can't pronounce. And probably completely safe!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)   Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers) EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:53 pm

To quote Emil in RoboCop: "I like it!" Very Happy

========================================
...^o^CORVUS^o^
Doctor Who: The Winds of Time
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/

Series 5 - Rewritten Time (theory... MEGA spoilers)
Page 1 of 1