15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:19 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
There will be a series 5!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Why aren't bad guys bad anymore? The guy who played Cutler must've went to the same really bad & annoying actor school as the guy who butchered the role of Moriarty in Sherlock.

My only critisism of the show. I really just wanted to slap him. Half an hour slapping him would not be 30mins wasted!!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:36 pm

CGren123 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
There will be a series 5!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Series 5 will have six episodes. Hmmm... This doesn't bode well for series longevity. It seems viewers dropped off during Series 4.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

I prefer the 6 ep format. Torchwood screwed the pooch by making too many episodes (& a rubbish storyline)

Series 4 was OK & that's it. Obviously bringing in new characters would either bring in new interest or turn folk off. It's a shame the cast decided to go. Obviously the draw of Blockbuster stardom was too big a draw for Mitchell. All I'll say on that is Martin Freeman found room in his schedule to work on Sherlock. It's quite sad that Russell Tove went the way he did. I couldn't take the build up to his exit seriously as the FX was so laughable.

I will welcome Series 5 with an open mind & hope that they can get it back on track?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Spoiler:

Just Scott wrote:
Why aren't bad guys bad anymore? The guy who played Cutler must've went to the same really bad & annoying actor school as the guy who butchered the role of Moriarty in Sherlock.

Spoiler:

And 6 episodes is better than no episodes, so I'm still happy about that.

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Is anyone here still watching the SyFy version?

I'm not.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:41 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Series 5 will have six episodes. Hmmm... This doesn't bode well for series longevity. It seems viewers dropped off during Series 4.

That doesn't surprise me. I nearly stopped watching it after I found out about them "losing" three cast members, and I'm a die hard fan of Being Human.

Still, I really enjoyed Series 4
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:34 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

I'm not.

Yip. I actually prefer it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:59 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

I'm not.

Nope, never watched it again after quitting halfway through season 1, and don't want to. The only updates I was getting from it since then were from you.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Just Scott wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

I'm not.

Yip. I actually prefer it.
I suppose we watch Being Human for different reasons. I'm all over the strong characters and the union in the UK's main trio. In the US one, they rarely share a scene.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

I'm not.

I still watch it, but find myself FF'ing through most of it.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:20 am

jaredofmo wrote:

I'm not.

I watched the first ten minutes of the first episode. Wasn't impressed.

Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:21 am

Just finished watching the 2nd Season's finale of the US version. Excellent. For me, it's way better than the UK version. I can believe all 3 actors in their roles. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the principal actors in the UK version.

Spoiler:

Spoilered that just incase somebody hadn't seen it.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Looks like Russell Tovey wants to do a spin-off special about George and Nina.

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s116/being-human/news/a407263/russell-tovey-wants-being-human-spinoff-for-george-and-nina.html

How? Werewolves in the afterlife?

Shortly after the first episode of Series 4 aired, they released a bit of script that would have had George and Nina's last moment together that was deleted due to Tovey suggesting that they truncate the story to one episode, but the fans have already had time to grieve for these two characters and move on. Revisiting them just seems like overkill, especially if they chose to look back at some of their previously unseen moments before they died.

If anything, I'd always thought a flashback spinoff about Series 1 guest ghost Gilbert would be cool. A friend and I had a concept for a story where it was revealed he died saving his friends from vampires.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I love them as actors, but you're right--I just see no point. I'd rather have a longer series 5 than any 'extras'.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:25 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
...but the fans have already had time to grieve for these two characters and move on. Revisiting them just seems like overkill, especially if they chose to look back at some of their previously unseen moments before they died.

This.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Okay, according to some tweets, Tovey and Sinead Keenan (Nina) are working on a Being Human audio book of some sort, which I guess got Tovey missing the character and got him to suggest that spin-off.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

I was at Wal-Mart today and saw Season 4 on DVD there. Apparently, it's a Wal-Mart exclusive as the official release isn't until next month. Bought it.

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 428866_10200227770557797_1903550397_n
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks for the tip, Jared! Very Happy

I picked mine up on the way home today! cheers
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Sweetness! After coming home with it, I found Season 3 for about $12 on Amazon.

Now I'll have all 4 seasons on DVD, but it's kind of weird. I have Series 1 and 2 on R2 DVD and US Blu-Ray, but 3 and 4 on R1 DVD.

Was glad one of the deleted scenes was Damien Molony doing more push-ups...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 pm

The UK series comes back February 3rd. Sounds like BBC America will be getting it later.

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:48 am

And the official Being Human website has announced that Series 5 is the final series.

I'm so in love with how they've kept the show going, even with the loss of the original cast, but it's better for it to go out on a high rather than keep going until they're tired.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
And the official Being Human website has announced that Series 5 is the final series.

Crying or Very sad

jaredofmo wrote:
I'm so in love with how they've kept the show going, even with the loss of the original cast, but it's better for it to go out on a high rather than keep going until they're tired.

Yes indeed. It may be blasphemy to some, but I really didn't miss George or Mitchell last year. They were great, but Tom and Hal were wonderful replacements with their own unique character traits.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm

I've only ever caught a handful of episodes, most from last season, and also saw the latest episode of season 5 the other night, but from what I have seen I absolutely love it. I plan on getting the boxsets and watching from the beginning! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next