SeaDevil
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Bring back the Slitheen! Empty
PostSubject: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 am

I wish next year they'd bring back the Slitheen. Yeah I know they were kinda played for laughs, but what's wrong with that? I thought they were quite original and pretty cool looking. I know they've been on SJA a few times, but I wanna see them on Who again. Am I alone on this? If I am, I'll let it go and watch "Aliens of London/World War Three" and "Boomtown" again to get my fix...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:06 pm

"FRAP" I second that, I liked the slitheen myself.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:48 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing them again, but I have to admit the farting gag got pretty old pretty quick for me.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:43 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing them again, but I have to admit the farting gag got pretty old pretty quick for me.

They fixed that in the Lost boy story of the Sarah Jane adventures. New technology allowed them to wear the skins suits of skinnier people.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I watch the SJAs and I don't remember that.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:42 pm

"Would you mind not farting while I'm trying to save the world?" Great line. Still makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:15 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
I watch the SJAs and I don't remember that.

Luke's fake parents were skinny Slitheen
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:33 am

They stopped with the farting gag by boomtown... Margaret's stomach rumbled a few times, sure, but it wasn't played up anywhere near the way it was in the Aliens of London two parter.

The farting gag was a bit much, but with that cast off, I'd enjoy seeing them again. Maybe even other families other than Slitheen. How do you spell it? Raxicoricofallapitorians? Whew. That's a heck of a mouthful XD But yeah, a whole species, they've got the body suits, they ought to use 'em Smile

Plus, one thing I'm less pleased with in the new season is they've cut all the ties... new Tardis, new screwdriver, the works... even new Daleks! Even though the Slitheen are just bit players in the scheme of things, it'd be a nice sense of connection to bring them back to play.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 pm

I never could take the Slitheen seriously. Giant, powerful, muscular bodies...but they had baby faces.

Hardly the face of a species that relishes in "The Hunt". They simply looked ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:49 pm

i liked the slitheen, and would love to see them back, but i only see monsters that moffat created returning. this series we got the weeping angels. i bet next series we will have the return of the clockwork men/women. too bad we won't ever have the gas mask zombies again, nothing beat that in my opinion. "mommy"
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Personally, I want to see more done with the Vashta Narada. Nothing like making kids afraid of the dark with stories about shadows that eat you.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:11 pm

i agree with you about the vashta nerada. however, they should posess something other than humans. he already used the skeleton trick. how about animals or something else instead?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:26 pm

I'd rather they not talk at all. Only reason they could communicate was through the corruption of the Data Ghost, after all.

Ooo. Ghost themed episode where the various "Shadow People" caught by Paranormal Investigators are actually Vashta Narada.

Ooo. I might write about that one, after I finish with my current fic (and if people want me to do another one).
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:45 pm

hey, i think i saw the vashta nerada in paranormal activity!
Back to top Go down
regenerated and done
regenerated and done

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:32 pm

I THINK THAT THE SLITHEEN SHOULD COME BACK THEY COME IN SECOND PIG SLAVES FIRST
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the Slitheen!   Bring back the Slitheen! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:48 pm

yeah, the pig slave creature was cool. i liked the slitheen costumes they had on doctor who better than the ones they used for the sarah jane adventures. those looked cheaper than the who ones. plus, on who, they alternated with cg, which seems to be the was with the new series. who knows? a wholly cg slitheen invasion???
Back to top Go down

Bring back the Slitheen!
Page 1 of 1