Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.

Go down 
+7
Wes Crayon
SeaDevil
Ronpur
^o^CORVUS^o^
squishy
Nocturniah
timewarrior
11 posters
AuthorMessage
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. Empty
PostSubject: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:56 pm

We all have one, just a little sequence that made you say "HECK YEAH!" or "WTF". Whether they built excitement or made you sit on the edge of your seat, there are just certain scenes that stick in our minds.

For me, it would have to be the 9th doctor story "Aliens of London" when Rose's mother calls the alien hot line and says those key words that caused the computer monitoring the phone lines to go haywire. The first real implication in my opinion that this new series was not a reboot, but an actual continuation of the original storyline. . .
Back to top Go down
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:30 pm

I've got two. First, in Bad Wolf, the decloaking of the Dalek fleet. Seeing all those ships raised the stakes, for me, beyond anything I'd seen in Doctor Who up to that point.

The second is from Last of the Time Lords. The Master dancing to "I Can't Decide" by Scissor Sisters. I love the Master, I love Scissor Sisters and I love that particular song. The scene was mind bogglingly perfect for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Mine would probably be when series 2 aired. I can remember it all so clearly, as it was my first proper series that I watched fully, as I'd only seen the last episodes of series 1. It was also the first days of collecting for me.

I also have another, which is when Tennant regenerated in The Stolen Earth. I pooped my pants all week long to find out that he was still with us for a little longer! I still don't like the way that RTD got away with that. "Oo, I think I'll make Tennant regenerate to zing everybody up! Then afterwards, I'll make out he shoots all the regeneration power into his severed hand! Oo! I'm a zinging genius!".... Fool lol.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 pm

My first memory is from episode one of Planet of Evil. Sarah and the Doctor are in the Tardis and the distress beacon comes through and I always recall his line, "Stand by for emergency materialization!" All googly-eyed What a Face and smiling. Of course the interior of the Tardis also left an impression Suspect
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Harry Sullivan with the pitchfork in Terror of the Zygons.

Hmmm, not Prof. Plum with the candlestick in the conservatory.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 pm

*another hand grasps her own, Rose turns, and the man standing there says...*

"Run!"
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:44 pm

3rd Doctor driving off alone at the end of A Green Death.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 pm

The entirety of the final episode of "The Caves of Androzani". Superb!
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:54 pm

^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:
The entirety of the final episode of "The Caves of Androzani". Superb!
"So you see, I am not going to let you stop me now!!" Greatest 5th Doctor moment ever!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 pm

The close out to the silence of the library is another favorite of mine. Trapped between flesh eating darkness and a dead man in a space suit with Donna's face in the library speakers. . .
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:47 am

One of my favorites is gonna sound kinda silly, but hear me out. I get goose bumps in the opening credits of "Stolen Earth" when it goes through the names - David Tennant... Catherine Tate... Freema Agyeman... John Barrowman... with Billie Piper... and Elisabeth Sladen! Euphoria!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:41 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
One of my favorites is gonna sound kinda silly, but hear me out. I get goose bumps in the opening credits of "Stolen Earth" when it goes through the names - David Tennant... Catherine Tate... Freema Agyeman... John Barrowman... with Billie Piper... and Elisabeth Sladen! Euphoria!

That was good.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:32 pm

Speaking of Lis, how about in "School Reunion" when she sees the TARDIS? Priceless on the part of the lovely Ms. Sladen. I've always just loved her! Doesn't matter if it's with Pertwee, Baker, or Tennant. Oh, and Ronpur I agree. The scene in "Green Death" is both beautiful and heartbreaking. I'd even say it goes back to the previous scene where he can't even bring himself to say goodbye to Jo and just slips out unobserved.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Speaking of Lis, how about in "School Reunion" when she sees the TARDIS? Priceless on the part of the lovely Ms. Sladen. I've always just loved her! Doesn't matter if it's with Pertwee, Baker, or Tennant. Oh, and Ronpur I agree. The scene in "Green Death" is both beautiful and heartbreaking. I'd even say it goes back to the previous scene where he can't even bring himself to say goodbye to Jo and just slips out unobserved.

From the point that the Jo says she is leaving to go to the Amazon, and then the marriage thing happens. That is the best. The congrats from the Brig, Mike's shocked, and somewhat disappointed look, and yes, the Doctor drinking his champagne, and sneaking out. And Jo's sad look at the door as he leaves.....Yes, that is why I love the Pertwee era so much, and this is a big step towards it ending.
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Ronpur wrote:
3rd Doctor driving off alone at the end of A Green Death.
THIS. Also Hartnell's speech to Susan at the end of The Dalek Invasion of Earth. So fitting that The Five Doctors began with a snippet from that, since it's still easily one of the most poignant scenes in all of Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 pm

the nurse turning into a zygon- still creeps me out...that was a depends moment.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:05 pm

The Telos Cybermen emerging from their tombs is a great moment, too, particularly because of the great music.
Back to top Go down
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:18 pm

End of Forest of the Dead. Love the music and River Songs speech in these bits -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_kRRGnNbfU&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6hj9ZSQIYY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:38 pm

For me, there was the scene in "Dalek Invasion of Earth" when the Dalek emerged from the water. I knew it was coming but I was still like, "Dude I am so not going in the water ever again!"

The second wasn't an awe-inspiring one, but it stands out in my mind... it was in the "Disney" movie "Dr. Who and the Daleks" when they tricked the one Dalek who was their food server and killed it. The scene horrified me so much with the Dalek's cries for help that I nearly stopped the movie. It made me cry, no joke on that... I was just, very unhappy with it. I can live with a Dalek being killed, but it crying out for help just tore me apart. Sad
~
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:35 pm

I love when #4 goes verbally postal on the Pirate Captain. "APPRECIATE IT?????? APPRECIATE IT????"

The dying #5 carrying Peri to the TARDIS as the planet explodes around them. One of my favorite scenes in any show or movie to date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:25 pm

'The Awakening'

Will: They burn Queen of the May
Doctor: The toast of little Hodcombe.
Will: It ain't funny, she was screamin' !!

Will is totally believable as a 17th century boy who has witnessed the horror of someone burned alive. That little scene gives me chills every time. Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. Sad-blink
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.   Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember. EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Two scenes in particular did that to me.

In the Poisoned Sky episode, when the Doctor was wearing the gas mask and asked, "Are you my Mummy?" It just struck me as, well, one, unbelievably hilarious, but also that was when it really struck home that a lot of the random, crazy stuff that so often defines the Doctor... is it so random and crazy, after all? What moments, seen and unseen, have defined him, that we see only passing glimpses of? That we discard as just a quirk or bit of silliness?

The other one is in Fires of Pompeii, where the Doctor has that amusing poetic dialogue with the soothsayer. It was a "Holy crap, the Doctor is damned quick!" sort of moment for me.

Well, I guess one last one, too... When he said he was the "Time Lord Victorious" in the Waters of Mars. That was a "Holy crap, the Doctor has just snapped. This is SOOO not good" moment.
Back to top Go down

Timewarrior's official Doctor Who scenes you remember.
Page 1 of 1