2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
retrodude
retrodude

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-04-08

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:27 pm

So i finaly bet scarywood to it. Very Happy
What does every one think this ones gonna be like. SPOILERS ARE IN HERE most probably
Back to top Go down
http://you tube - https://www.youtube.com/user/retrodude333
Anonymous

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:17 pm

Aww man! You broke my tradition! Still, I'll make my own thread anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:09 pm

scarywood wrote:
Aww man! You broke my tradition! Still, I'll make my own thread anyway Razz

Well I'll probably talk in the one with a poll. Lol. Looking forward to this one strangely. It has an interesting feel to it. Maybe sort of Twilight Zoneish?
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:29 am

Looks kinda awful to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
retrodude
retrodude

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-04-08

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:25 pm

lol now there is 3 discussions for this episode. I was first grr
Back to top Go down
http://you tube - https://www.youtube.com/user/retrodude333
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Ever since seeing early photos for it, I've wondered why the Doctor is playing football. (Soccer, as we Yanks call it... And "fitba" in Glesga!)
Back to top Go down
supreme dalek
supreme dalek

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-08

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:24 pm

i cant wait, as the doctor hangs up his sonic for a day and puts his shinpads and bootsd on to play football(soccer)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:36 pm

retrodude wrote:
lol now there is 3 discussions for this episode. I was first grr

Hehe, well I'll be first for episode 12 and 13. Very Happy Just like I was first with aaaaalllllllllll the others and will be for aaaaallllll the rest, unless I step in front of a bus tomorrow Very Happy.

I hope you know that I'm only joking lol. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Okay, I'm posting in the thread with the most responses.

Not really looking forward to this eppie. Just doesn't look interesting.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:47 pm

That's how they trick you, CrochetOwl. Have what looks to be a mediocre episode just before the big finale.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Anyone see the spat between Corden and sir Patrick Stewart at the glamor awards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBUWqSTp90&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Anonymous

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:34 pm

One of my favourite episodes of the series thus far! James Corden was brilliant!

Must admit, the creature was pretty disappint. In fact, rather crappy, but the whole story was rather awesome and it was another one of those episodes that just touch you.

BRING ON THE FINALE!
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Really a great episode! Made me laugh and cry, which is something I like in an episode! XD

Of course it made me think a lot about Amy and Rory...who I still miss terribly and want back...but unlike the last [also amazing] episode, it was a more positive, not so sad feeling...

Looking very much forward to the finale!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Okay, that was quite good AND fun too, a great combo. I had no real hopes for this episode, just looked a bit "meh", ya know? How wrong can a man be? Very Happy

Sorry...had to quote the Doctor there! *lol*
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:25 pm

This was a fun episode. If there were like 20 episodes a season, I would have been happy with it, but being one of only three left, I'd rather they went with something less frivolous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:28 pm

And so Matt Smith joins the illustrious list of Doctors we've seen naked in the shower. Not bad. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 pm

I found the story okay. It seemed to take forever to get to the point though. I found it a little unbelievable in this time and age of cellphones that not one person used one to call emergency. Every person wound up walking into the house and up a badly lit stairway. Yeah, Right.

It was cool to learn that the Doctor is very good at another sport besides cricket. It was great to see Amy come across her engagement ring. The non resolution of Rory has been bothering me so I was glad to see some movement on that front. What would've been better would've been if Amy remembered Rory. Looking forward to the next story that's for sure.

BTW I did see Corden and Patrick Stewart have their little "confrontation" earlier in the week. Still don't believe it was real at all.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:40 pm

DacaZ wrote:
This was a fun episode. If there were like 20 episodes a season, I would have been happy with it, but being one of only three left, I'd rather they went with something less frivolous.
If Moffat has studied at the school of Joss (which RTD obviously did), then the fun of this episode is a prelude to all heck breaking loose.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:41 pm

I enjoyed this one a lot. If nothing else, it proved you can have romance in Who without the whole Doctor/companion thing. I also enjoy that the "companions" in the episode didn't feel like extras or jump into instant sidekick mode.

I'm not sure if I'm intrigued or frustrated that the Doctor found a half completed Tardis and we didn't learn more about where it came from.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:44 pm

For all we know at this point, it could be Pandorica-related.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 am

This was a great episode. A ton of fun, and I really cared about the main couple by the end of it. Not familiar with the main guy, but I know there were groans when he was first cast. I guess he's better known in the UK. In any case, I thought he was great. Very believable and likable.

Matt was also smashing in this episode! I think he's just a great Doctor. I love that he's a bit more unhinged than Tennant in his performance. A great mix of madness and brilliance! There were so many great lines it's hard to keep track!

VERY intrigued by the finale! After feeling a little "meh" about the middle of this season it's slowly drawing me back in.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:14 am

CJSchmidt wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm intrigued or frustrated that the Doctor found a half completed Tardis and we didn't learn more about where it came from.

That's one of the things that I didn't like about this story. There was no explanation on how this time travel technology wound up where it did nor who was behind it.

I will admit that I kept thinking Scaroth would show up. The ship reminded me a little bit of the one from City of Death. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 1:58 am

Wait, what was this episode about?

I like Craig and Sophie. They're cute. That's about it.

The preview for the next episode had my attention more, but I'm still laughing over it.

~
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:35 am

I loved this episode. I was a big fan of the original comic strip version--it's one of my favorite 10th Doctor strips, even though it was a short one--and I am delighted with how it was adapted/repurposed for the show. The dialogue was razor sharp, the romance angle was sweet, and there was a delightful sense of general lunacy about the whole piece. I would really like to see more of the spinoff media adapted to the series proper. The TV version of "Human Nature" was better than the original novel, and this was better than the original strip. I think they should do something like this every season! And mark my words, the slapdash TARDIS plot thread will not be left hanging by the end of the season. That is way too big an idea to use as a throwaway plot device.

ADDENDUM: Now, I'm sure someone will complain that Matt Smith got to play football in the episode, but the scene was lifted right from the original strip, written by the same author; given Smith's background, it would've been really stupid to cut it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

S5ep11 The Lodger Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   S5ep11 The Lodger EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:37 am

mysterylad wrote:
I loved this episode. I was a big fan of the original comic strip version--it's one of my favorite 10th Doctor strips, even though it was a short one--and I am delighted with how it was adapted/repurposed for the show. The dialogue was razor sharp, the romance angle was sweet, and there was a delightful sense of general lunacy about the whole piece. I would really like to see more of the spinoff media adapted to the series proper. The TV version of "Human Nature" was better than the original novel, and this was better than the original strip. I think they should do something like this every season! And mark my words, the slapdash TARDIS plot thread will not be left hanging by the end of the season. That is way too big an idea to use as a throwaway plot device.

ADDENDUM: Now, I'm sure someone will complain that Matt Smith got to play football in the episode, but the scene was lifted right from the original strip, written by the same author; given Smith's background, it would've been really stupid to cut it out.

Why complain about it? That was my favourite part in the whole episode. Well, except for the fact that he obviously didn't know the first thing about being a team player... Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down

S5ep11 The Lodger
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next