Ronpur
Thete
artanyus
tegan4
rdks
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S5E9: Cold Blood
Fantastic episode! Brilliant! Molto benne!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap36%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 12 ]
Good episode!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 10 ]
Okay/Average episode.
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 5 ]
Disappointing.
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
WHAT A POOR EXCUSE FOR AN EPISODE!!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Now I'm wondering if the Doctor might have an idea that what the crack wipes out can be restored too. Although he did seem adamant that there was only one scenario when it came down to the crack.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:28 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
corvus, i don't want to start a war with you, or with anyone else on this board. my opinions are just that, my opinions, and i have the right to state them as i see fit.
You don't know me, so I'll simply say I'm not waging one, nor am I here to start one.

bret_owen99 wrote:

if i feel the show is going in a bad direction this series, that's the way i see it, and i will express myself next year if i feel the same way there too.
Knock yourself out. Just don't be shocked when people disagree, and say so.

bret_owen99 wrote:

as far as placing needless fault on rory, that is also my opinion. i would count rory as an accomplice since he stood by and let murder happen. sorry. that's just my opinion. if you don't like it, fine.
Yes, you've made your thoughts on the matter quite clear, and I've done the same.

Anyway, you aren't going to agree with my views anymore than I will agree with yours, and that's fine. Yes, you have the right to state your opinions, but keep in mind the venue we're operating in. This is a discussion board, where people discuss things. They state opinions, and when people disagree, they post their rebuttals or counter-opinions, and you well know this. That's what I've done.

Now if this is an issue for you, and if you consider counter-opinions and debate to be tantamount to declaring a flame-war, then that's a shame. I will not participate in such things. I've been on the internet far too long to engage is such a needless waste of time and energy.

But like you, I can and will state my opinion and do so within the forum's boundaries. As such, peace out.

Last edited by ^o^CORVUS^o^ on Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:52 pm

I would never presume to speak for Bret, but I can tell you from personal experience he's always up for a debate. He and I have failed to see eye-to-eye on all kinds of stuff (the current season, especially), yet we're still cool.

You guys will just have to figure out each other's "voices."

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:13 pm

Good deal, and that's fine.

If I came off too strong, I will apologize for that. I'm not the knock-down-drag-out type. There's a time when you have to agree to disagree, and move on.

So Bret, just so YOU know, we're cool. We just have different opinions on the matter.

After all, if we all agreed, what the heck would be the point of a forum like this? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:57 pm

absolutely, and i like your avatar! (grew up on the 5th doc)
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:41 am

Ah, excellent! Always nice to find more 5th Doctor fans Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:48 am

Bret_owen99 and denali, I'm sorry if my response seemed argumentive, it wasn't supposed to be sounding bitter or anything like that. I like your opinions and value them greatly. Sometimes my opinions differ and sometimes I like to challenge opposing ideas. I'm sorry if I have caused any hard feelings. Sad
~
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:23 am

It's a virtual group hug moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:24 am

Feel the love! Smile

One of the good things about differing opinions, aside from the fact that people are thinking like individuals *lol*, is the fact that it allows each person the opportunity to consider their own opinion and at times solidify exactly how and why they think that way.

Its good for the brain Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:54 am

Changing the subject a little, I was really hoping that the Doctor would go 1000 years into the future, at the end. It would have been absolutely awesome to see the new age on Earth. This would have fit in nicely, aswell, with the random over voice going on about how the Silurians were now awakening.

Something that really bugged me aswell was that everyone was calling the Silurians "SIGH-LURIANS". I personally would pronounce it "SIL-URIANS". That's probably just because I'm from Birmingham (UK) so I just instinctively pronounce things like a commoner. Yet I've been told that I sound so posh, that its unbelievable Laughing.
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:16 am

"In the case we're discussing, blame is rather easy to assign because it was fiction and we were all witnesses to how the story unfolded. We enjoy a view that few do IRL, and in this case, the blame lays squarely on Ambrose"
here i disagree, even though it's fiction and we've seen the same events unfold blame is still not easy to assign. a great story will make you think, leave you with questions, and will leave certain things open for interpretation
we all have a different out look on things which will influence who you feel is to blame. yes ambrose takes most of the blame but everyone contributed a bit, which i find a lot more interesting and which is why i thought this was a great episode. but that's just me.
corvus and alcmustanpilot i never took anything personal, this is just a lively debate. i value everyone opinions even if i disagree someone. and i always look forward to reading everone's thoughts right after an episode airs.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:15 am

scarywood wrote:
Something that really bugged me aswell was that everyone was calling the Silurians "SIGH-LURIANS".

Funny that you should mention it because for the longest time I pronounced their name the way that you did. After watching this story I thought I was wrong and started saying it the other way. So confusing for my little mind. Laughing

I would be interested and I have the funny feeling that we very well might be seeing the Siluarians in a thousand years time. I'm just trying to figure out how this fits into earth's history seeing that it took humans a long time to come up with an acceptable mode of long distance space travel. Plus, and I know I'm falling back on the classic series, the Silurians are not even mentioned in The Ark in Space. Again, so confusing for my little mind. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:00 am

EEEEEEE!!!!! Well, I am very UPSET about RORY!!! HOW DARE THEY MAKE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM ONLY TO RIP HIM AWAY LIKE THAT?!?!?!!!!

Hysteria aside, I suspect time will be rewritten and Rory will be back. In fact, I'm holding on to that concept...tightly. It was an exciting and heart-wrenching episode. I watched it at a convention with a whole bunch of DW fans, while dressed as pregnant!Amy, and when Rory died, me and several others just about freaked out! We were receiving condolences and everything...but I digress.

I'm still looking forward to the next shows, but OMG, I haven't been this upset about something like this since Journey's End and The End of Time...so, I think the show is doing something right!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:19 am

Vicki wrote:
EEEEEEE!!!!! Well, I am very UPSET about RORY!!! HOW DARE THEY MAKE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM ONLY TO RIP HIM AWAY LIKE THAT?!?!?!!!!

I had a hunch you would be none too pleased. Wink
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:21 am

Oh, I'm almost positive Rory will return. As such, let's just say he's "indisposed" rather than truly dead. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:09 pm

At this point I'm thinking the Doctor is actually on wrong side of the crack and when Rory 'died', he returned to the real reality. Since annoying Amy cannot remember the Daleks, that is somewhat of a hint that they are on the wrong side of things. The Tardis might have slipped into the cracked soon after the regeneration and the piece the Doctor was holding can also point to this (think of when the Tardis was pulled apart in old series episode Frontios). I think this is where everything is leading. So it's not gonna to be a reset but a move back to the real reality.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:54 pm

^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:
Oh, I'm almost positive Rory will return.

Hopefully as The Master. Mwahahahahaha... *cough*
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:23 pm

CrochetOwl wrote:
At this point I'm thinking the Doctor is actually on wrong side of the crack and when Rory 'died', he returned to the real reality. Since annoying Amy cannot remember the Daleks, that is somewhat of a hint that they are on the wrong side of things. The Tardis might have slipped into the cracked soon after the regeneration and the piece the Doctor was holding can also point to this (think of when the Tardis was pulled apart in old series episode Frontios). I think this is where everything is leading. So it's not gonna to be a reset but a move back to the real reality.

I was just thinking about how River said to the Doctor she would see him at the Pandorica and he said that's just a fairy tale. Her response was aren't we all. This statement makes me think along the same lines as you that the Doctor is not in the "real" reality.
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:47 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
CrochetOwl wrote:

I was just thinking about how River said to the Doctor she would see him at the Pandorica and he said that's just a fairy tale. Her response was aren't we all. This statement makes me think along the same lines as you that the Doctor is not in the "real" reality.
the cold star from amy's choice maybe another clue that there not in the proper reality.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Ooo! Hopefully this is true because if it is then maybe the Daleks will go back to normal? I also wouldn't mind seeing 10's TARDIS interiorback again, but I don't mind either way as I've learnt to like the new design.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:15 pm

CrochetOwl wrote:

An interesting possibility!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:20 pm

Does this mean that the Doctor will finally calm down and develop some personality? Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:28 pm

a1cmustangpilot, i could never be angry at you. as far as everyone else, yes, we can agree to disagree, or agree. that's why i love this forum, we can all have our own opinions, but in the end, act like adults and work it out. i'm the first to admit i haven't always "worded" things the best way.

as far as the daleks going back, i wouldn't think so, not with all the money they poured into making all the new ones. now this real reality concept is interesting. do you think it happened when he regenerated and blew up the tardis? or did it happen when he left amy as a child? i just finished watching lost, and i don't need another show playing mind games with me.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:30 pm

Finally a part two that I liked better than part one. Of course not liking part one made things easy. Hungry Earth just seemed a bit boring and strung out. Took 45 minutes to introduce a fraction of the guest cast and get everyone to the Silurian city. Cold Blood had the opposite problem. In 45 minutes we get three new major characters, world peace is succesfully negotiated, Silurian history is recapped, peace fails, humans get frozen to awake in 1000 years to a Golden Age, and a companion dies (at least for now). Compared to Classic pacing that is a heck of a lot of action for 45 minutes. Not my favorite episode, but one that I kept checking the clock and asking "how are they going to wrap this all up in time?".

And if the survivors spread the 1000 year date as myth or religion, why won't UNIT figure out what is going on and blow this Silurian base to kingdom come?
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:22 pm

squishy wrote:
And if the survivors spread the 1000 year date as myth or religion, why won't UNIT figure out what is going on and blow this Silurian base to kingdom come?

LOL! Classic. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com

S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next