Ronpur
Thete
artanyus
tegan4
rdks
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S5E9: Cold Blood
Fantastic episode! Brilliant! Molto benne!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap36%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 36% [ 12 ]
Good episode!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap30%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 30% [ 10 ]
Okay/Average episode.
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap15%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 15% [ 5 ]
Disappointing.
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap18%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
WHAT A POOR EXCUSE FOR AN EPISODE!!
S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap0%S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Again, spoilers within! Enter at your own risk and all that other didaly dum!

Now then! CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS EPISODE! Surprised
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:30 pm

I just heard Stephen Moore is in this episode as one of the Silurians. Fantastic!cheers

For those who don't know him, he was Marvin the Paranoid Android in the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as well as the radio play in the 70's. And about a billion other roles, as well.

If he has the same voice I won't be able to contain my laughter no matter how scary he's supposed to be. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tegan4
tegan4

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:30 am

I heard from someone that supposedly has already seen this ep that something will happen to Rory. Think there's any truth to this?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:49 am

I would be sad if something bad happened to Rory. Sad
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:03 am

It would be bad if something did happen to Rory in this, however, I also tend to take rumors regarding things like this with a grain of salt and will believe it when I see it.
Back to top Go down
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:27 am

tegan4 wrote:
I heard from someone that supposedly has already seen this ep that something will happen to Rory. Think there's any truth to this?

Well I hope something happens to someone, or the episode could get pretty boring S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Icon_lol. But if Rory dies I'll be furious S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:08 am

The fact that they threw the 10 years later, and the ring placed so carefully on the TARDIS console, makes me wonder if this is true. This isn't a fixed point in time, so things can change.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:15 am

I bet, if it is true, they'll be a twist and he'll come back somehow at some other point in the series?

I hope he doesn't die in this though. I don't feel he's had enough time to show us who he really is, like Mickey did. We need some of those 'companion moments' before he leaves us Sad.

I really like him as a character, from what we have seen so far. I hope he gets a chance.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:44 pm

I won't be too upset if they kill him in this episode: as others have already suggested, there are some wonky things going on with time in Series 5, so even if Rory ends up dead, something tells me it won't be permanent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Ronpur wrote:
The fact that they threw the 10 years later

As soon as I saw that I knew something bad was going to happen. It's like Moffat wanted us to think nothing bad could happen, we've just seen them in the future. Just to turn around and surprise us.

He's gonna die.

The ring gave it away a little as well. How many fiancees' want their spouse to NOT wear their ring the day before the wedding?
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:41 pm

scarywood wrote:
I bet, if it is true, they'll be a twist and he'll come back somehow at some other point in the series?

I hope he doesn't die in this though. I don't feel he's had enough time to show us who he really is, like Mickey did. We need some of those 'companion moments' before he leaves us Sad.

I really like him as a character, from what we have seen so far. I hope he gets a chance.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE RORY!!!! I will be so upset if he dies...hopefully if he does, he won't stay dead!!! ARGH!!! I can hardly wait to find out in any case!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:40 pm

rdks wrote:
How many fiancees' want their spouse to NOT wear their ring the day before the wedding?

Yes but how many of them have spouses that are traveling with the Doctor? Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:56 pm

4 minutes!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Wow. Looks like the rumours were true.

It was a good episode. It definitely didn't follow the same fate that Flesh and Stone did. I'm just really sad now. But I bet he will come back. In fact, I guarantee.

But that piece of the TARDIS.... Interesting.... Could it be a piece of a normal police box from the 50's, 10th Doc's TARDIS or Matt's TARDIS from the future? Either that or the doors of the TARDIS get blown through, and not the whole TARDIS.

9/10, just because I liked Rory and am sad to see him go. 10/10 for Wow-factor, though! So yeah, I'm gonna go cry in the corner of my room now...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Yes, this was amazing! Finally, a part 2 that meets the original!! So close to a peace, too, which aparently they do find in 1000 years!
So sad about Rory, don't know if they will bring him back, but this death was very sad. And after he was so brilliant in this episode.
The TARDIS piece, somehow I knew that it was going to be that!
Does anyone else want to slap Amrose?
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Fantastic episode. So much amazing stuff going on. Not to sound cliche, but I was on the edge of my seat through most of it. It was so genuinely frustrating watching them try to broker peace and have it slip away. Very effective writing. Definitely one of the most effective second half stories in a while.

I liked Rory, but after just a few episodes, didn't know the character well enough to be crushed over his demise. It was sad though.

Next week's looks wild.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:42 pm

I think what got to me was Amy's reaction to his death. Her pounding of the TARDIS door and her trying to hold on to his memory!
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:43 pm

No doubt, the scene after The Doc dragged her into the TARDIS was powerful stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:49 pm

dam he died.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySat May 29, 2010 11:23 pm

RRRRRRROOOOOORRRRRRRYYYYYY!!!!!!

There's talk that he'll be in the series finale, but there's three more episodes until then! AUGH!!!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:20 am

ok, this episode was predictable. people are the monsters, and the monsters are people. would have been better(imo) if the doctor had gone back in time to stop all of the bad things from happening in this episode(the killing of the silurian, the kidnapping of people).

then again, i blam rory for not watching the prisoner, when he was the only real companion of the doctor on the surface, so it's his goofy fault she died. then the goofus takes the bullet for the doctor. you know, maybe i'm too simplistic, but i wouldn't push the guy who my fiance sort-of-has-a-thing-for out of the way of an oncoming bullet. i'm just sad it didn't hit amy as well.

if you think i'm completely dogging on the episode, i'm not. it was better than flesh and stone. it just wasn't (imo) one of the better stories. like most of the stories this season, i found myself yawning, or asking how much time was left. i'm really hoping that the whole "arc" thread actually pays off, because if it doesn't, i don't think this series had a whole lot of anything(imo).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:23 am

I haven't stopped crying.

I might write something later.

Right now, I really do not like this show anymore.
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:30 am

Sorry to say this but another let down for me. Rory's death just didn't help matters any either. He was so likable showed the most change from when we first meet him and they just go and throw him out. He was a competent companion too. *sigh* More to come later.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:20 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
I haven't stopped crying.

I might write something later.

Right now, I really do not like this show anymore.
~

Oh no! I hope you don't end up abandoning the show! Doctor Who has it's ups and downs, we must all hang in there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)   S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS) EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:00 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
ok, this episode was predictable. people are the monsters, and the monsters are people. would have been better(imo) if the doctor had gone back in time to stop all of the bad things from happening in this episode(the killing of the silurian, the kidnapping of people).

Except it was just one person who was the monster. I loved the revulsion her child and her husband showed when they found out what she did. And the monsters where not all nice people either. I think i showed both sides had good and bad.

Quote :
then again, i blam rory for not watching the prisoner, when he was the only real companion of the doctor on the surface, so it's his goofy fault she died. then the goofus takes the bullet for the doctor. you know, maybe i'm too simplistic, but i wouldn't push the guy who my fiance sort-of-has-a-thing-for out of the way of an oncoming bullet. i'm just sad it didn't hit amy as well.

if you think i'm completely dogging on the episode, i'm not. it was better than flesh and stone. it just wasn't (imo) one of the better stories. like most of the stories this season, i found myself yawning, or asking how much time was left. i'm really hoping that the whole "arc" thread actually pays off, because if it doesn't, i don't think this series had a whole lot of anything(imo).

Part of me was hoping Amy would be the sacrifice the Doctor made, too. I would have like to have seen Rory survive and be the companion! I thought the crack thread was done! but the TARDIS shrapnel puts a twist into it, and I hope it isn't going to be some simple way out now.
Back to top Go down

S5E9: Cold Blood (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next