Timeladyjojo
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Timeladyjojo
Timeladyjojo

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 2:23 am

Blakes 7 is another great show that I like watching. Brittish are so good at making great shows!!
I think Villa was funny. bounce
Back to top Go down
J. Thomas Jeans
J. Thomas Jeans

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 2:28 am

I hated Blake's 7 when it first started running on PBS, and as a result I missed most of the first series. The reasons for my hate were simple -- it replaced Doctor Who.

A month or so earlier, I had pledged money to PBS in order to keep Doctor Who on the air. They were near the end of the Pertwee Era, and they went into their, "If you don't pay, we can't keep playing it," tirade. So I paid... and they promptly dropped Doctor Who after Planet of the Spiders and replaced it with Blake's 7. Obviously, I was well irritated.

About a month later, I decided to actually watch Blake's 7 (with Red Dwarf playing as a lead-in) and, much to my surprise, I actually quite liked it.

The finale of the show blew me away. I really wasn't expecting it to end the way it did, and ever since then, I always say that my favorite shows should "pull a Blake's 7 in the end." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ollie

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 11:20 am

I'm a huge Blake's 7 fan with quite a few original props from the show. alien

Being in the UK during original transmission there was no question of it replacing Who (I'm sure that would have irritated me) but it was just a wonderful addition.

I mean, come one, who can't love the Liberator? Grin.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 2:49 pm

Last edited by on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indiana_Brian

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 5:22 pm

I like Blakes Seven almost as much as Doctor Who. I have the Region 2 dvd sets.
Back to top Go down
J. Thomas Jeans
J. Thomas Jeans

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 9:33 pm

Speaking of DVD sets, has anyone heard anything on the part of BBC Worldwide as to why they haven't released he series in region 1? I've been waiting for years for them to do so.
Back to top Go down
englishrose
englishrose

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptySat Feb 03, 2007 3:30 am

I love Blake's Seven almost as much as I love Doctor Who.
At Visions '95-Visions '98, I was lucky enough to meet Gareth Thomas, Paul Darrow, Michael Keating, Sally Knyvette, Stephen Greif, and must again mention Brian Blessed.
Gareth Thomas was recently in an episode of "Torchwood" as well.
Back to top Go down
Timeladyjojo
Timeladyjojo

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 5:49 am

When I lived in Iowa for a while on Iptv we had a sci-fi sat. night. They would show Red Dwarf, Doctor Who and then Blakes 7. Couldn't get a better line up!! cheers
Back to top Go down
rplath

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Blake's 7 was one of THE best written adult science fiction shows ever. Depsite the fact that it had the look of primitive Doctor Who about it SPFX-wise, the shows were NOT for the kiddies.

Very, very good stuff, and a show that would benefit from the kind of computer replacement effects we've gotten on some DW dvds (like Ark in Space) and which the original Star Trek is now enjoying.

I'd love to know if it will ever be out on DVD!
Back to top Go down
dalekman
dalekman

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I have been looking for anyone that has the model that WhoNA have for sale. I wouldnt mind getting one, but the price is a bit steep for my tastes. ALthough I am sure it is well worth it.

I bought one of the old model kits from somebody in the UK through ebay. Because of the exchange rate it ended up costing around $100.00. I am quite satisfied, but the one that WHONA has is much larger and looks like it has better detail (Not to mention the rear engine assembly looks great and can be lit up if you are into modifying models)
Back to top Go down
pjr

Number of posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptySun Feb 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Blake's 7 was a great show. I'd love to see it released on DVD in the U.S.

I particularly liked the second year as the tension between
Blake and Avon approaches critical mass and the cliffhanger
ending to "Star One" was well done.

A good show and definetly worth a look for anyone interested.
Back to top Go down
johnmiic
johnmiic

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 9:48 pm

I love Blakes7. Here in the NY area we were like a sci-fi paradise as there were 2 channels that aired Doctor Who and B7 re-runs in the 1980's.

I am waiting to hear when Region 1 DVD's will be available. I taped many episodes on VHS and have been transferring them to recordable DVD media for space issues but it's not the same as having the offical versions with bonus materials. I only have most of the first 2 seasons. I really want to catch up on Season 3 & 4.
Back to top Go down
http://johnmiic.deviantart.com/gallery/
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptySat Feb 17, 2007 10:33 pm

Coming to R1, eh?

I never saw enough of the show to get a real hang of it. Enough people who like other British scifi that I like (Who, Red Dwarf...) have liked it, though. I may add the DVD set to my list...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
holyrood99
holyrood99

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Jacqueline Pearce "Servalan"   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Hi,
just thought I would let you know that Jacqueline Pearce will be signing photographs at Voga on the 10th March from 3-5pm. She is doing this to raise funds to help her to continue her work with endangered monkeys in South Africa.

I would be grateful for any publicity you could give this event on your website.

This may be Jacqueline's last signing as she will be returning to Africa a week after the event and intends to live there indefinitely.

Fans will be able to email in their names and have a signed photo sent out to them.

For more information please visit our blog www.voga.wordpress.com

Many thanks

Martin & Brian
Voga
22, Leven Street
Edinburgh
EH3 9LJ
Tel: 0131 228 8844 www.voga.co.uk
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:07 pm

I saw at the NY Mid-Manhattan library a couple VHS copies of Blake's 7 and I borrowed the first volume. The build-up to getting to the ship was fantastic and I can't wait to watch the third episode and on to see what they'll do with it.

From massacring the outsiders, killing the lawyer and his wife, and the ship's officers executing the prisoners, it really set a dark tone in this world which is far different than the others of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
Eagle
Eagle

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Ollie wrote:
I'm a huge Blake's 7 fan with quite a few original props from the show.
Let's see those pics!

Mark Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 4:15 pm

Blake's 7 was and is definitely one of my fave shows and luckily is available in R2 with nice special features included. Who knows when it was make an appearance in the US in R1.
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Score! One of the best deals I ever received! Sixteen dollars for twenty Blake's 7 videos. The funny thing is, the remaining six videos I need to complete the collection will cost more than this.

I can't wait to watch the entire series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 3:05 pm

I was just reading that sky in uk is working on 6 part blake7 series. due to galactica ending soon their looking for replacement shows.due to the success of doctor who and other sci fi series,i think the uk will have several new shows for 2009! im glad they realize that theres a huge fan base for these shows.i know next year there will be void in my viewing of tv.,with bsg ending and the doctor taking a break!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:18 pm

As a young lad relying on my area PBS station for my steady dose of sci-fi, I often sent in my allowance money during pledge drives. The program director at that station was a big sci-fi fan, and championed the broadcast of every Doctor Who episode that was available at that time. During the pledge drives, he would come on between DW episodes and suggest shows that the station could go after, and during one drive, he suggested Blake's 7. I was skeptical, but he'd never steered me wrong (I still have fond memories of The Tripods), so I called in and pledged my 15 bucks in support of Blake's 7.

Best 15 bucks I ever spent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
captkirk42
captkirk42

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?   Anyone a Blakes 7 fan? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Hmm I thought I chimed in on this one. Guess not.

I'm a Blakes 7 fan, but not a huge one. I'm big into Dr. Who (all generations classic & current), Torchwood, Sarah Jane (of course), Primeval and Red Dwarf a little (without the vindaloo)

Its been ages since I've actually seen an episode. I have VHS copies (from way back when my local PBS station showed it). I really really need to pick up the DVDs (R2 since they apparently will not release a R1 version)

Anyway I had the hots for Jenna and Kali. Nuff Said.

Edited a little for accuracy.
Back to top Go down
http://klandersen.com

Anyone a Blakes 7 fan?
Page 1 of 1