S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 9 ]
Okay/Average episode.
S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 8 ]
Disappointing
S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Rubbish! What was you thinking, Moffat?!
S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:38 pm

LOL! You should be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:11 pm

I liked this episode until the big reveal at the end. I hate it when characters' 'inner darkness' somehow becomes manifest. The teaser idea of an actual Dream Lord was much more interesting.

The idea is too 'evil Kirk.'
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
dalekskaro
dalekskaro

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:05 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
One thing I am getting really bored with in regards to the new series is that it's all about Amy. Amy this, Amy that... Amy's choice, Amy must do this... Amy must save the world...

It's getting to the point that I hope she turns into the living statue just so that way the Doctor can act without her.
~

I hate to say it but I whole heartedly agree. I actually like her as a companion but the Amy centered stuff is wearing thin...

And I have to admit I am interested in seeing a tiny bit of the Doctor actually liking and wanting a companion but the companion isn't interested. Not a totally emo/stalker-y doctor. Just something different from the usual "omg it's the doctor and i've got the massive hots for him" from the Eccelston and Tennant seasons.

Donna doesn't count because she was like his mate and it was a relief to see a pal companion. Smile
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:07 am

Shatterbang wrote:
I liked this episode until the big reveal at the end. I hate it when characters' 'inner darkness' somehow becomes manifest. The teaser idea of an actual Dream Lord was much more interesting.

The idea is too 'evil Kirk.'
evil kirk, that's shatner at his worst which is actually his best! i love classic trek.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:15 am

dalekskaro wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
One thing I am getting really bored with in regards to the new series is that it's all about Amy. Amy this, Amy that... Amy's choice, Amy must do this... Amy must save the world...

It's getting to the point that I hope she turns into the living statue just so that way the Doctor can act without her.
~

I hate to say it but I whole heartedly agree. I actually like her as a companion but the Amy centered stuff is wearing thin...

And I have to admit I am interested in seeing a tiny bit of the Doctor actually liking and wanting a companion but the companion isn't interested. Not a totally emo/stalker-y doctor. Just something different from the usual "omg it's the doctor and i've got the massive hots for him" from the Eccelston and Tennant seasons.

Donna doesn't count because she was like his mate and it was a relief to see a pal companion. Smile

Me too, I do like Amy as a companion, but this centered thing has really got to stop. I like it when the companion helps out and plays an important part... but when she's central to the whole season... c'mon... they might as well call it Amy Who...

I loved Donna because she really was a friend to the Doctor and I miss that from classic Who. Not everyone is going to find the Doctor to be drop-dead gorgeous or even think he's datable material. Personally, I'd much rather go for a companion who isn't in a romantic relationship with anyone, because the whole little "ditching the boyfriend for the Doctor" routine is getting very old.

I still wish that a creature could travel with the Doctor like C'rizz from the Eighth Doctor audio books. Sad
~
Back to top Go down
dalekskaro
dalekskaro

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:24 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
dalekskaro wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:

~

Me too, I do like Amy as a companion, but this centered thing has really got to stop. I like it when the companion helps out and plays an important part... but when she's central to the whole season... c'mon... they might as well call it Amy Who...

I loved Donna because she really was a friend to the Doctor and I miss that from classic Who. Not everyone is going to find the Doctor to be drop-dead gorgeous or even think he's datable material. Personally, I'd much rather go for a companion who isn't in a romantic relationship with anyone, because the whole little "ditching the boyfriend for the Doctor" routine is getting very old.

I still wish that a creature could travel with the Doctor like C'rizz from the Eighth Doctor audio books. Sad
~

Donna is one of my all time favorites because she didn't fall into the groupie crap and actually loved him as a buddy. Which is how i sometimes feel about the doctor. He isn't always gorgeous or dateable depending on which regeneration we're discussing. I don't think I could even have a fling with the doctor regardless of the regeneration.
11 is my favorite but darn does he have alot of emotional baggage that is sitting right up under the surface. 9 has a temper and 11 is too wonky and all over. The doctor is an amazing guy but I really don't know if I could do the whole dump the bf and run off chasing the coat tails of the doctor.
A companion who is his/her own person would be great. So that when the doctor comes to snatch him/her up there isn't any baggage. I sincerely wish there was a variety in companions. I would like to see K-9 again. I mean I know that he was shown briefly but honestly more K-9 damnit!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:29 am

dalekskaro wrote:

Donna is one of my all time favorites because she didn't fall into the groupie crap and actually loved him as a buddy. Which is how i sometimes feel about the doctor. He isn't always gorgeous or dateable depending on which regeneration we're discussing. I don't think I could even have a fling with the doctor regardless of the regeneration.
11 is my favorite but darn does he have alot of emotional baggage that is sitting right up under the surface. 9 has a temper and 11 is too wonky and all over. The doctor is an amazing guy but I really don't know if I could do the whole dump the bf and run off chasing the coat tails of the doctor.
A companion who is his/her own person would be great. So that when the doctor comes to snatch him/her up there isn't any baggage. I sincerely wish there was a variety in companions. I would like to see K-9 again. I mean I know that he was shown briefly but honestly more K-9 damnit!

You might get a kick out of Lucie Miller then from the Eighth Doctor audio books. She's hilarious. She is definitely her own person and has no real baggage. She's attracted to the Doctor, but contents herself with teasing him a bit. She's referred to him as her "chauffer" a few times and in the last audio book I listened to him (and it's not the only time I've heard her say something like this) but she told a few others to just ignore the Doctor. She's quite comical and very loud.

Then there is Charley, also the Eighth Doctor companion. Her baggage was brought on by the Doctor, but I can't say what that is because then that would spoil the very first episode that she appears in, "Storm Warning".

Yes, I miss K-9. But he's sadly been stolen for that Australian show... and regenerated... and it just looks horrible. There was nothing wrong with the old K-9. Sad
~
Back to top Go down
dalekskaro
dalekskaro

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:39 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:

You might get a kick out of Lucie Miller then from the Eighth Doctor audio books. She's hilarious. She is definitely her own person and has no real baggage. She's attracted to the Doctor, but contents herself with teasing him a bit. She's referred to him as her "chauffer" a few times and in the last audio book I listened to him (and it's not the only time I've heard her say something like this) but she told a few others to just ignore the Doctor. She's quite comical and very loud.

Then there is Charley, also the Eighth Doctor companion. Her baggage was brought on by the Doctor, but I can't say what that is because then that would spoil the very first episode that she appears in, "Storm Warning".

Yes, I miss K-9. But he's sadly been stolen for that Australian show... and regenerated... and it just looks horrible. There was nothing wrong with the old K-9. Sad
~

Both of them sound great, I'll have to look into the audio books! I love loud independent companions who like to torture the doctor all in good fun. Very cheeky and doting at the same time.

I have to just wonder wtf! they were thinking coming up with that nasty regenerated K-9. The original was adorable and perfectly fine! Man sometimes "rebooting" "remixing" or "artistic licensing" something is just wrong and shouldn't be done. Ever. Period.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:36 am

The focus of attention being more on the companion than the Doctor isn't anything new for DW these days. I agree Amy does get quite a bit of attention, but it's nothing compared to Rose. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me that much about Amy because I'm now used to it.

I don't see the emotional baggage with this new Doctor, but I do see similarities between Rose, Martha and Amy. Even with Rory I couldn't help but see him as Mickey MK II which is why I didn't warm up to him immediately.

Could be worse though. We could've had Amy's whole family on the show and another situation where the mother slaps the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:41 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
The focus of attention being more on the companion than the Doctor isn't anything new for DW these days. I agree Amy does get quite a bit of attention, but it's nothing compared to Rose. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me that much about Amy because I'm now used to it.

I don't see the emotional baggage with this new Doctor, but I do see similarities between Rose, Martha and Amy. Even with Rory I couldn't help but see him as Mickey MK II which is why I didn't warm up to him immediately.

Could be worse though. We could've had Amy's whole family on the show and another situation where the mother slaps the Doctor.

Now that I would LOVE to see... Eleven getting slapped.
~
Back to top Go down
dalekskaro
dalekskaro

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:31 pm

jfh1970 wrote:

I wasn't a fan of Rose. :/ She was alright but not really my favorite. The emotional baggage I was referring to is the 10th regen not the 11th. The 11th doctor seems to be fairly free of baggage. I honestly am weary of the whole family and bf thing. I suppose it's too much to ask for a companion that's his/her own person.

I would like to see the 11th doctor slapped but I think it should be for a good reason. Not just a random dumb reason.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:56 pm

11 being slapped for any reason is a good reason... for me... after that... then I can like him. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:20 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
11 being slapped for any reason is a good reason... for me... after that... then I can like him. Very Happy
~

Well the same elements that have been around since the 9th Doctor came on the scene seem to be family or BF, kissing and slapping. So far with this new Doctor we have had kissing and the BF. Therefore the chance that the 11th Doctor is going to be slapped eventually is pretty high. Laughing

***BF=Boyfriend Not Big Finish Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:43 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

Well the same elements that have been around since the 9th Doctor came on the scene seem to be family or BF, kissing and slapping. So far with this new Doctor we have had kissing and the BF. Therefore the chance that the 11th Doctor is going to be slapped eventually is pretty high. Laughing

***BF=Boyfriend Not Big Finish Smile

I can live without the kissing... but 11 getting slapped would be awesome... cheers
~
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:19 pm

My wife hates Amy. She's alright, I think, but coming off like a wannabe Rose. My favorite new companion thus far has been Martha, followed by Donna. I liked Rose until she messed with the fabric of the universe just to get back to the Doc. Ugh. Too clingy.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:47 am

Shatterbang wrote:
My wife hates Amy. She's alright, I think, but coming off like a wannabe Rose. My favorite new companion thus far has been Martha, followed by Donna. I liked Rose until she messed with the fabric of the universe just to get back to the Doc. Ugh. Too clingy.

I love Amy...she's almost as awesome as Donna -- I don't think she's like Rose at all, aside from having a boyfriend who ends up coming along, and even with that, especially in this episode, it's not the same at all, even if it looks like it at first glance. I always say I didn't like Rose till after Doomsday, and that's true, but even more precisely, not till after Turn Left, really...Rose was clingy long before she messed with the universe, but I digress...

Eleven being slapped? Well, yes...that would be fun to see!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:50 am

Shatterbang wrote:
Too clingy.

More like too much of a stalker.
Back to top Go down
dalekskaro
dalekskaro

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:05 am

jfh1970 wrote:
Shatterbang wrote:
Too clingy.

if you want to look at clingy and pathetic look no further then Martha. Despite having a great personality and alot of mental fortitude was she ever hopeless. But she did what Rose failed to do which is walk away. So I do give her big kudos on at least leaving with dignity. Rose was never a favorite of mine. I really dispised RTD for letting a companion carry into a new regen. It just tweaked me that he did this. x__x My favorite companion from the new series is without a doubt Donna Very Happy
I really like Amy and I'm glad she didn't become a desperate groupie. I think at the end of flesh and stone she lost her mind abit. She just had a pretty life altering trauma and lapsed her better judgement. I like her and after she realized who she actually loved I think they'll settle into a decent doctor/companion interaction.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:23 am

What I dislike in the series is that each companion acts like they own the Doctor, like he's not allowed to have a past companion or he won't have any others... like they're exclusive to him only. That drives me crazy.

I have not seen that in Sarah Jane, Susan, Charlie, or Romana... so suddenly it's all different? Can we please just get him a creature companion... it doesn't have to be his only companion, but at least having one would be nice.
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:44 am

Some reasons I'm glad that Rory is travelling with the Doctor:

1. It decreases the attitude of Doctor ownership

2. It's nice to have a male point of view

3. Variety
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:56 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
What I dislike in the series is that each companion acts like they own the Doctor, like he's not allowed to have a past companion or he won't have any others... like they're exclusive to him only. That drives me crazy.

I have not seen that in Sarah Jane, Susan, Charlie, or Romana... so suddenly it's all different? Can we please just get him a creature companion... it doesn't have to be his only companion, but at least having one would be nice.
~

An Alien Companion would be great. Chan-tho would have been cool, if she hadn't been killed.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:13 am

dalekskaro wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:
Shatterbang wrote:
Too clingy.

if you want to look at clingy and pathetic look no further then Martha. Despite having a great personality and alot of mental fortitude was she ever hopeless. But she did what Rose failed to do which is walk away. So I do give her big kudos on at least leaving with dignity. Rose was never a favorite of mine. I really dispised RTD for letting a companion carry into a new regen. It just tweaked me that he did this. x__x My favorite companion from the new series is without a doubt Donna Very Happy
I really like Amy and I'm glad she didn't become a desperate groupie. I think at the end of flesh and stone she lost her mind abit. She just had a pretty life altering trauma and lapsed her better judgement. I like her and after she realized who she actually loved I think they'll settle into a decent doctor/companion interaction.

I don't think Martha was ever pathetic. Not at all. Now if she hadn't grown and realized it was time to go, perhaps, but I thought she did an admirable job with the situation she was given.

I do agree that Amy was probably reacting out of her fear and trauma...or maybe there's something else involved that the Doctor needs to sort out...I'm looking forward to whatever it may be!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:43 am

I like Martha quite a bit although how she wound up with Mickey I don't get, but the problem for me in terms of accepting Martha as a companion was that I had already gone through a love sick Rose. Having to do that with Martha right after was a bit repetitive. Again, that's one of the reasons I love Donna so much. She was never interested in the Doctor that way which at this point made her a breath of fresh air for me.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 am

Sorry I'm a bit late here. I'm watching it on BBC America this year and... well... it just aired last night.

Like Wes Crayon, I leaned toward the... what was the phrase? Geriatrics of the Damned... being the dream, but then I noticed in the TARDIS that when Amy's face was covered in frost and she spoke... there was no visible breath. It passed through my mind once that they might both be dreams, but I didn't seriously think it until the Dream Lord made the TARDIS pull away from the Cold Star (which is a very un-scientific thing for reasons too complex to go into).
I do lean toward the Valeyard idea. He gave up very easily, almost like he was satisfied with what happened. Could he, somehow, be working a long-con on the Doctor to steal physical being from him?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: S5E7: Amy's Choice   S5E7: Amy's Choice - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 pm

still is just my guess and I'm sticking to this....I do think all of this fantasy is in amy's head....none of this is real. Not even her travels...with the doctor.

Good episode...trippy for sure.
Back to top Go down

S5E7: Amy's Choice
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: