36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:58 am

So I just found an article talking about the Blu-ray release of the original Trilogy slated for 2011. One of the goodies added to the Blu-ray...a never before seen deleted scene that was cut from Return of the Jedi.

You can read about it here.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-deleted-scene-leads-a-slew-of-good-news-for-star-wars-fans.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:08 am

artanyus wrote:
So I just found an article talking about the Blu-ray release of the original Trilogy slated for 2011. One of the goodies added to the Blu-ray...a never before seen deleted scene that was cut from Return of the Jedi.

You can read about it here.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-deleted-scene-leads-a-slew-of-good-news-for-star-wars-fans.html

Nice! I'll have to buy a Blu-Ray player just to see this deleted scene, I can't wait actually! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:06 am

This fits so well here, so I had to post it.

On November 28th, Irvin Kerschner, director of Empire Strikes Back passed away in Los Angeles. He was 87 years old, and left behind a legacy with the film. To many Empire was the best film, and while I am fond of it, I cannot choose one more over another.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 pm

artanyus wrote:

On November 28th, Irvin Kerschner, director of Empire Strikes Back passed away in Los Angeles. He was 87 years old, and left behind a legacy with the film. To many Empire was the best film, and while I am fond of it, I cannot choose one more over another.

Had his own thread, he deserves it.....

https://whona.forumotion.com/sci-fi-discussion-f7/irvin-kershner-t4658.htm
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Ronpur wrote:
artanyus wrote:

Had his own thread, he deserves it.....

https://whona.forumotion.com/sci-fi-discussion-f7/irvin-kershner-t4658.htm

Ahh okay, I somehow missed that. Thanks.

And yes he deserves it.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Bump. Lawrence Kasdan is being brought in to co-write the scripts for at least 2 of the next 3 Star Wars movies. WOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:14 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
Bump. Lawrence Kasdan is being brought in to co-write the scripts for at least 2 of the next 3 Star Wars movies. WOO!!!!

OMFG!!! AWESOME!!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 am

I've been thinking about re-listening to the superb Star Wars Radio Dramas again.

It's been a loooong time since I've spun those...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:46 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I've been thinking about re-listening to the superb Star Wars Radio Dramas again.

It's been a loooong time since I've spun those...

Love em... esp New Hope.

Eve when I read the comics or novels, I hear Perry King and Ann Sachs in my head instead of Ford and Fisher
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Im heading back into the expanded universe... first up:

Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Im heading back into the expanded universe... first up:

Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina

I am too. Just finished Shadows of the Empire and Truce at Bakura. Currently reading Courtship of Princess Leia.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 am

Only SW media I liked was The Lando Calrissian Adventures, since it felt very un-SW like, and maybe the lego games, and that's just because I like Lego.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm

I still remember the thrill of getting Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Han Solo at Star's End, and the rest Han Solo trilogy back in the day.

Loved those books and the Lando books, too.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Star Wars Complete Blu Ray Saga: ORDERED. Guess what I'm doing with my weekend off?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Um, watching Little Women?
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Um, watching Little Women?

After that it will be Star Wars time!!!!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:58 am

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2005/20051003/star-wars-a.shtml
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Interesting article. I disagree completely, but it is a very well thought out and intelligent critique.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:06 pm

I really do hate it when people use "smart" words in an effort to "sound" smart. I'm a fan of a extensive vocabulary, but sometimes it's better to simply call a spade and spade and not wax pontifically about the virtues of the humble gardening tool.

Simply put, the message wouldn't get lost if the writer wasn't so busy trying to prove how smart she was.

At the same time, she does have a point. The Jedi/Sith Conflict is one of extremes. Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO has examples of this - where being pragmatic or even honest can earn you Dark Side points. It's the only game I've played where being pragmatic about an alliance with a former gangster carries the same "penalty" as returning medical supplies to the military base it was stolen from, instead of turning it back over to the refugees that stole it in the first place.

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Rust wrote:
I really do hate it when people use "smart" words in an effort to "sound" smart. I'm a fan of a extensive vocabulary, but sometimes it's better to simply call a spade and spade and not wax pontifically about the virtues of the humble gardening tool.

Simply put, the message wouldn't get lost if the writer wasn't so busy trying to prove how smart she was.

Truth. That's why I didn't pay much attention to it. The tone of the article carried what I call 'academic smugness'. People who just like to hear themselves sound smart, and pat themselves on the back for how smart they are. I don't really know anything about the woman who wrote the article, but that's definitely the impression I get from that article.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:00 pm

She's a Greek-born professor at University of Massachusetts Medical School who's written a book on the biology of alien life in Star Trek. I didn't think her words were too verbose nor her tone too condescending.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
She's a Greek-born professor at University of Massachusetts Medical School who's written a book on the biology of alien life in Star Trek. I didn't think her words were too verbose nor her tone too condescending.

Oh well. Just my opinion. What do I know?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

I disagree, but do agree with her on the point she's trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Didn't even think about it until coming across an article today... Dark Horse will lose the comics for SW and they will revert back to Marvel.

About a 2 decade run, coming to an abrupt end. Massively sucks for Dark Horse.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: The Official Star Wars Thread   The Official Star Wars Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Yeah, DH did a great job on the comics. However, they have alot of other great titles. Hopefully they can survive with the likes of Hellboy, The Goon, Conan, etc. They are diverse enough that they should be able to keep going.
Back to top Go down

The Official Star Wars Thread
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next