mysterylad
denali76c
artanyus
bret_owen99
retrodude
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

S5E4: The Time of Angels
Fantastic episode! Brilliant! Molto benne!
S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_lcap52%S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 52% [ 17 ]
Great episode
S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_lcap33%S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 33% [ 11 ]
Average/Okay episode
S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_lcap9%S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Could do with some work
S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_lcap3%S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Terrible, I spit on it! *SPIT SPIT*
S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_lcap3%S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Yet again, either of these episodes have aired yet but why not get the conversation going early?

Looks good, these episodes! Can't wait!

Jon

Last edited by scarywood on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:44 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to only cover the first episode. -CJ)
Back to top Go down
retrodude
retrodude

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:05 pm

these episodes look fantastic aswell. And riversong coming back thats....brilliant..Why of al people do we have to get her
But the weeping angles are back which is BRILLIANT!!
Back to top Go down
http://you tube - https://www.youtube.com/user/retrodude333
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:13 am

well, i think we all know who's not going to die in these episodes, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 am

This episode has me intrigued. The Angels freak me out now, but I'm still itching to see this episode.
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
well, i think we all know who's not going to die in these episodes, unfortunately.
curious, who are you referring too? amy pond or river song?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 6:47 pm

river song. not one of my favorite characters(or actresses). we know when she's gonna die, so she's safe for both(even if she does turn to stone, we know she'll be turned normal again).

although, since you mention amy, i bet she'll save the day again!
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:06 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
river song. not one of my favorite characters(or actresses). we know when she's gonna die, so she's safe for both(even if she does turn to stone, we know she'll be turned normal again).

hopefully not. glad you liked the last episode, i'm actually going to give "victory" another chance and i'm going to watch it again cause of your review.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:12 pm

I LOVE being freaked out by the weeping angels! I'm really excited for this two-parter and I hope that it's as good as the trailer shows!

I don't really have an opinion of River Song. I don't absolutely love her but I also don't hate her. I do like the actress though... so that's a plus.

I've already warned my dad about sneaking up on me next weekend.
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:38 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

I can honestly say that while I'm not overly excited about River Song, I don't dislike her either. I just think that they should have had her come back a little later on in the series rather than so soon.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Now that River Song's return is imminent, I kinda wish she wasn't coming back.

Not that I dislike the character (I actually think she's pretty cool), but I liked that mystery looming in the Doctor's future. With a time-travelling lead character, you can have mysteries in the characters past and his tomorrows, and some mysteries left unsolved make for better drama. I don't need to know any more about River Song than I already know.

That said, since she is coming back, there's no sense in crying over spilled milk. I'm sure it'll be interesting, at the very least!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Hope these next two eppies will bring up the quality of the show (the last two were sub par for sure and the budget cuts are showing). Worth noting is that these are the first two that MS filmed supposedly.

What's weird is that River seems to handle the Tardis better than the Doctor does (first the snap of the fingers and now a new bit about flying it).
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:46 pm

I keep reading references to budget cuts, but I'm not spotting the alleged drops in quality. There've been some dodgy CGI effects in each season of the new series: the Nestene intelligence, the Mighty Jagrafess, the CGI Slitheen, the Werewolf, the Lazarus monster...I'm just not seeing anything in the latest season that leaps out and says, "Hey, I look worse than last season!" It's all pretty par for the course for modern science fiction TV, if you ask me.

How substantial were these budget cuts, and what FX are people singling out as weak?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:19 pm

mysterylad wrote:
Now that River Song's return is imminent, I kinda wish she wasn't coming back.

Not that I dislike the character (I actually think she's pretty cool), but I liked that mystery looming in the Doctor's future. With a time-travelling lead character, you can have mysteries in the characters past and his tomorrows, and some mysteries left unsolved make for better drama. I don't need to know any more about River Song than I already know.

That said, since she is coming back, there's no sense in crying over spilled milk. I'm sure it'll be interesting, at the very least!

I have to agree with you on this Mysterlad. It was kind of nice having a bit of a mystery surrounding River Song and the Doctor's Future. If anything I would have much preferred they waited until maybe series 6 or so to bring her back. Maybe even make some references that would point to her imminent appearance or something.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Well I am just going to go out on a limb here and guess that both episodes will be equally fantastic. Can't wait to see how the weeping angels make their return and the story behind River Song.
Back to top Go down
retrodude
retrodude

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:13 pm

that was an amazing episode. River i must say was alot better this time than the last time we saw her. The weeping angels are still creepy as heck and I loved the doctor in this one. I think this episode is one of his best so far.
And best of all he uses his screwdriver more than once.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:31 pm

I wasn't going to watch this one. I absolutely hated the last 2 episodes and was completely turned off of the whole season. I couldn't even comment on last weeks episode, because every time I tried I just couldn't find a way to express such utter disappointment.

This episode was awesome! I loved every minute of it. No complaining from me this time! Very Happy

Matt Smith was amazing this week. He reminds me so much of Patrick Troughton it's creepy (and the only thing I liked about the Dalek ep - the cookie - made me think of Pat as well). I'm really looking forward to some more quality episodes like this one.
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Okay, THAT was a Doctor Who episode. Easily the best of Series 5... and probably the best episode of the overall revived series since Blink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
retrodude
retrodude

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:47 pm

funny.. all the best episodes of the new serieses are with the weeping angles...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:42 pm

This was brilliant!! I can't think of anything I didn't like the first time thru. Which makes me very nervous for part 2!!
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:44 am

Having just seen this episode I have to say several things. I like River, 11 is finally acting like the Doctor, and the Weeping Angels and other statues have totally freaked me out.

The fact that River has the Doctor totally off his game (so to speak) and bossing him around is great. It's nice to see the Doctor kind of taken off guard like that.

I feel bad for Amy to some degree, but even she knew when to ask the right questions of the Doctor, even if he didn't answer them.

Is it Saturday yet? I want to know how it ends.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 am

I can't wait to see this- I'm going to be patient and see on bbc america...gonna avoid the spoilers...oh the waiting is hard....
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:53 am

I don't mean to be mean <g> but this is happening too much and needs to be nipped on the bud...

"alot" is not a word. It's "a lot".

They are "angels", not "angles" no trigonometry allowed...

the abbreviation of "that is" is "that's", not "thats"

Grammar lesson over (`til next time).

This post is not to be taken too seriously and is not meant to offend. It's just that "alot" is one hellova big pet peeve of mine.

Other than that, this episode wasn't bad at all.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:39 am

Best episode so far. I had gone to the fair yesterday and was about to be late for Doctor Who. To be honest. I didn't really care anymore. The last 3 episodes had let me down, although they did have their ups. So for the first time since Boom Town I was about to miss an episode of Doctor Who! But turns out I got in as the titles were rolling and the episode was fantastic! Best so far. It had no faults what so ever.

Now come on, Bret, where's your review? ...
Back to top Go down
denali76c
denali76c

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:43 am

i love how song has pictures of all the doctor's faces, so she'll always recognize him whenever he pops up.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)   S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers) EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:18 am

denali76c wrote:
i love how song has pictures of all the doctor's faces, so she'll always recognize him whenever he pops up.

But she doesn't know what order they go in, so she needs the Spotter's Guide! Laughing

I just watched the episode for a second and third time. Awesome Awesome Awesome. I tried to find something I hated about it or thought was stupid but I came up empty.

I found myself liking Amy this week. I've hated her so far, ranking at the bottom with Dodo, Donna, & Peri as my least fav companions. Although she had me scratching my head at times - she seems to know the Doctor too well, too soon.

It feels soooo good to be excited about Who again! cheers
Back to top Go down

S5E4: The Time of Angels (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next