CrochetOwl
rdks
Thete
jonwes
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Rate S5E1 "The Eleventh Hour"
Fantastic!
Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 37% [ 19 ]
Pretty Good
Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 21 ]
Average
Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 9 ]
Disappointing
Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Horrible
Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:48 pm

I have to say.... (again) I HATE the titles. But I also hate to admit it that they might just be growing on me. MIGHT, I said might lol. I still miss that lovely "Dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun, duun-da-da-dun-dun-dun" etc, etc.

I still think this should have been the new theme tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWXBNBqUQXU&playnext_from=TL&videos=jWLe41UpMtc
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 pm

squishy wrote:
If I squint really hard at Youtube I could swear there were Sea Devils? During the warning montage all the rest of the monsters were invading aliens. Except for the Ood who actually were invaded and sold into slavery by the humans. Really the ood are an incredibly bad example for that montage as they demonstrate the Earth is a galactic threat.

But anyhow, the Sea Devils aren't alien invaders! So the Doctor wishes to stress that not only does he protect Earth from aliens, but he's also final judge of life on Earth willing to wipe out any other local species who threaten the humans. It's great to see a classic monster, but perhaps a Zygon might have been more appropriate.

Also would have been nice if Matt Smith had moved out of the way of Hartnell's picture. You can never have too much Hartnell.
well there were sea devils for sure, and sontarans, but the weirdest one to me was you can clearly make out the hath peck, which i thought was kinda bizzare. any guesses anybody.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm

scarywood wrote:
I have to say.... (again) I HATE the titles. But I also hate to admit it that they might just be growing on me. MIGHT, I said might lol. I still miss that lovely "Dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun, duun-da-da-dun-dun-dun" etc, etc.

this is all subjective for sure, i still miss tom's theme, think genesis of the daleks, my all time favorite.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:52 pm

hitman hart wrote:
scarywood wrote:

this is all subjective for sure, i still miss tom's theme, think genesis of the daleks, my all time favorite.

The opening for Genesis of the Daleks was great. Given that Tom Baker is one of my Doctors (along with Troughton and Tennant), that was one of my favorite openings.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:04 pm

hitman hart wrote:
well there were sea devils for sure, and sontarans, but the weirdest one to me was you can clearly make out the hath peck, which i thought was kinda bizzare. any guesses anybody.

Ha, ha, you're right about Hath Peck. He's also from the far future so how would the eyball aliens even know about him yet? Also never before set foot on Earth to the best of our knowledge.

Were the sontarans new or the Classic variety? I couldn't quite tell on the tiny screen.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Which reminds me, when are the DVDs coming out for the current series? I'll enjoy getting to see the episodes proper.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:20 pm

squishy wrote:
hitman hart wrote:

Ha, ha, you're right about Hath Peck. He's also from the far future so how would the eyball aliens even know about him yet? Also never before set foot on Earth to the best of our knowledge.

Were the sontarans new or the Classic variety? I couldn't quite tell on the tiny screen.

they looked classic to me. Basketball
Back to top Go down
gunzlingr
gunzlingr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am

Somebody mentioned the title. I know that when you wait until the last minute to do something, people say you did it in the 11th hour (as in just before midnite). I thought it was fitting in that the Doctor saved the day, at the last possible minute (and the fact that the Doctor is the 11th).

I thought Smith was fantastic.

I thought the story was a bit silly, but it was very enjoyable and did a good job of introducing the new Doctor and Amy.

I am ambivalent regarding the opening theme and sequence.

I liked Amy, and think she will be a good companion, but hope she sticks around longer than a season. This is my one complaint about the New Who - short companion stays.

Loved the new Tardis overall. Could do with a bit less junk IMO.

Thought the multiform and eyeball ships were a tad much. Cheesy is part of the charm of Doctor Who, but I didn't care much for them.

I would give the episode a solid 8.5/10, and am looking forward to future episodes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 am

im very disapointed with this episode.
1.title music is O.K.
2.the intro is a bit weird colored
3.what did they do to the tardis??!!!!
4.i dont like matt smith (tennant forever) because he just doesnt have the spirit for the doctor.
5.a green sonic scredriwer???!!!
Back to top Go down
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:52 am

evilclone wrote:
im very disapointed with this episode.
1.title music is O.K.
2.the intro is a bit weird colored
3.what did they do to the tardis??!!!!
4.i dont like matt smith (tennant forever) because he just doesnt have the spirit for the doctor.
5.a green sonic scredriwer???!!!

That little Tennant forever doesnt perchance indicate a little prejudice against Matt for taking over from him does it?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Thete wrote:

That little Tennant forever doesnt perchance indicate a little prejudice against Matt for taking over from him does it?

but matt is doing it all wrong.he even doesnt know how to say wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:18 pm

evilclone wrote:
Thete wrote:

but matt is doing it all wrong.he even doesnt know how to say wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey Sad

New actor, new writer, new Doctor. I'm sure we'll all get used to it. David was a fantastic Doctor, and IMO the best, but nothing lasts. Give Matt a chance! Smile
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:36 pm

I really liked this episode...a LOT!!! David Tennant is so much my Doctor, and he was amazing in the role, but I'm really liking what Matt Smith is doing with it! I'm a bit surprised, too, cause when I first heard Matt was taking the role, I was just well, almost as devastated as when I first heard David was leaving!!! But Matt has really done a wonderful job, and I'm so glad I cooled down and gave him a chance! I love Amy already...and although I had to think about it for a bit, I actually like the beginning titles and theme...I liked the new logo from the start, too. I have a really good feeling about this series!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:40 pm

evilclone wrote:
Thete wrote:

Just like Davey-boy couldn't pull off a "brilliant", Chris could never... uh, "these shoes!", I guess, McGann never played the spoons or screwed up a metaphor, Sylv never choked Mel out (as much as we wanted him to at times Razz ), Colin never wore a vegetable, Peter... I'm running out of steam but you get the idea.

Kind of a silly thing to complain about in a show that's been about change for forty years.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:11 pm

evilclone wrote:
Thete wrote:

Have you seen any of the classic Who by any chance? To me, Matt Smith seems to be a lot like some of them instead of like 10, which is a great thing because each Doctor regeneration is unique. Matt Smith will come into his own, surely. I wouldn't write him off just yet, especially with one episode down.
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:24 pm

evilclone wrote:
Thete wrote:

As much as I loved the whole "Wibbly Wobbly, timey, wimey" line. It was funny a few times, but then it started getting old.

As for Matt Smith, he will find his niche. Every actor is different and to try to compare Matt Smith to David or any other Doctor is like trying to compare an apple to an orange. Sure there may be bit and pieces of older Doctors that get brought in, but all of that shapes the new Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:31 pm

I await the triumphant return of "jiggery-pokery..." What a Face

I was re-watching part of this story tonight, and I realized there was re-use of an old TARDIS console sound effect -- when the TARDIS slid up the new sonic screwdriver. I thought that was pretty cool... allowed me to forgive the crazy new TARDIS console design Wink
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:17 am

LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:20 am

thank goodness timewarrior refrained from the smileys... I was staring at the type he wrote to see a hidden message....
Back to top Go down
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:23 am

Meh. Just seemed like a leftover Tennant episode to me.

The new Tardis interior, while kinda neat with all the random bits, looked kinda crappy IMO. The fact that the TARDIS rebuilt itself, but rebuilt itself with typewriters and crap in the console just seems stupid. If this would have been the Doctor's Tardis for years, then I could have reasoned that he just did wacky things and added little bits here and there... But when the Tardis rebuilds itself, for it to be all cobbled together seemed stupid. Plus it looked really low rent. Like a fan film. I do like that they tried to add some size to it though.

After weeks of hearing how Smith was part Hartnell, part Troughton imagine my surprise when he's just doing a Tennant impersonation. Hopefully he'll grow into the part, but the debut episode just seemed like someone doing a Tennant act, talking like Tennant and saying things really fast.

Aliens take over the whole Earth? Wow... Snore.

The Doctor tracking down Prisoner Zero like Dog the Bounty Hunter or something would have been cool. Instead it's basically the same episode we've seen a thousand times before. At least when RTD had the Doctor notify the whole world of his existence and have every military group in the country follow his command, he did so in a grand fashion. This was literally done in this episode in ham handed 3 minute fashion over a lap top. Total lameness.

Amy seems fine, but it was pretty obvious she was leaving her wedding. Immediately anyone who ever complained about Rose leaving Mickie needs to level the same complaints about Amy, since what she just did to her man was a million times worse than Rose ditching Mickie.

All that said, I didn't hate it. I'm really happy Who is back. I was quite excited to finally get to watch the show again... But I'd been hearing so much fan hype about how awesome this episode was, that I couldn't help but be let down. This felt exactly like a RTD episode too, so I dunno how much difference Moffatt is going to make at the helm.

Wait and see.

I'll give it a 6.5 or 7 making it average.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 pm

overall pretty good. I think he will definitely grow on us. Amy seems alright curious about the whole wedding issue. I guess we won't have to worry of her crushing on the Doctor like the rest seem to. That's what I liked about Donna she was more into it for the adventure. New intro is so-so not a big issue. The Tardis interior was a disappointment. It looked really lashed together and I don't mean as a story line point just shoddy set design. One close up it looked as if they reused chunks of the old corral. typewriter? seriously if your going steampunk you could do better.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:14 am

Overall vote for this episode: Pretty good episode.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Absolutely bloody AMAZING! It was like watching a movie.

I was hoping he would say "Hogwarts hasnt got anything on this..." Just as he shows Amelia inside the TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:50 pm

The Eye Aliens are coming to the city of Chicago! Just saw on Fox 32 News at noon that some sculptor is making a giant eye sculpture to be shown starting July 7th. They showed the concept of it, and I immediately thought of TheEleventh Hour Aliens!
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)   Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 pm

I really like the bit when the Doctor Calls the aliens back to Earth to when they run away after he puts the fear of him into them
Back to top Go down

Rate "The Eleventh Hour" (SPOILERS!)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next