Dalek Sec
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalek Sec
Dalek Sec

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Best 10th Doctor episodes? Empty
PostSubject: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:29 pm

A friend of mine recently got into Doctor Who and is currently watching the 9th Doctor era. However I feel they should watch some 10th Doctor episodes before "The Elventh Hour." Which would you say are the best episodes that show all aspects of 10 and are easily accessible to a newer fan?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dalek_sec
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Dalek Sec wrote:
A friend of mine recently got into Doctor Who and is currently watching the 9th Doctor era. However I feel they should watch some 10th Doctor episodes before "The Elventh Hour." Which would you say are the best episodes that show all aspects of 10 and are easily accessible to a newer fan?

That's a tricky one. I particularly like the 2 parter Cyberman episode in series 2. But I think Tennant's best episodes are in series 3.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Sec
Dalek Sec

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 3:47 pm

scarywood wrote:
Dalek Sec wrote:

That's a tricky one. I particularly like the 2 parter Cyberman episode in series 2. But I think Tennant's best episodes are in series 3.

Great suggestion. Maybe Voyage of the Damned might work too. It's hard to find an episode that shows ALL aspects of this Doctor!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dalek_sec
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Silence in the Library 1 & 2. Loved that episode. The bit at the end with River Song is brilliant
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:07 pm

scarywood wrote:
Ew, really? "Blink" notwithstanding, I despised Series 3 pretty intensely (though not as much as Series 4).

Anyway, favorite Tennant episodes...

"School Reunion" (but if your friend's not down with Sarah Jane -- or "Buffy" given the ASH guest spot -- his/her mileage may vary)
"The Girl in the Fireplace"
"Army of Ghosts" and "Doomsday"
"Blink"
"Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead"

and maybe

"The Sontaran Stratagem" and "The Poison Sky" (I did like seeing Martha -- I hated Series 3, but oh she's foxy -- and the Sontarans, so that could account for these episodes' appeal)

aaand if "The Infinite Quest" counts, that was kinda neat, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:12 am

Wes Crayon wrote:
scarywood wrote:
Ew, really? "Blink" notwithstanding, I despised Series 3 pretty intensely (though not as much as Series 4).

Anyway, favorite Tennant episodes...

"School Reunion" (but if your friend's not down with Sarah Jane -- or "Buffy" given the ASH guest spot -- his/her mileage may vary)
"The Girl in the Fireplace"
"Army of Ghosts" and "Doomsday"
"Blink"
"Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead"

and maybe

"The Sontaran Stratagem" and "The Poison Sky" (I did like seeing Martha -- I hated Series 3, but oh she's foxy -- and the Sontarans, so that could account for these episodes' appeal)

aaand if "The Infinite Quest" counts, that was kinda neat, too. Smile

I love all the episodes suggested, but can't help but think he was hardly in Blink.

And I really liked the 2 Cybermen episodes. Why didn't you?
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Oh, I was more responding to your comment about Series 3 having the best 10th Doctor episodes. I didn't mind the Cybermen 2-parter; I just didn't think it was all that special. (Also, while the Cybus Cyberman figure is undeniably superior to the one classic Cyberman I own, I miss REAL Cybermen.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:06 pm

tooth and claw, family of blood, human nature are also good episodes, along with the before mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 am

Oh yes...Human Nature/Family of Blood...and Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead...really good Ten episodes!

I absolutely LOVED Midnight and Gridlock, and I'd also recommend The Christmas Invasion...and The End of Time -- kind of hard to say what's more accessible to the newer fan, but I like to see the beginnings and endings of things...

Last edited by Vicki on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
SonicGirl
SonicGirl

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:00 am

My faviroute 10th doctor episode is The Rise Of The Cybermen.Cuz its brilliant!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 pm

I would definitely rank Blink among the best Tenth Doctor episodes. Sure, it's true that the Doctor is hardly in Blink, but that's part of the magic of the episode: every second of his limited screen-time is pitch-perfect. He is a towering presence in the episode despite barely being there. In much the same way that the episode Hush demonstrated that Buffy the Vampire Slayer could still be funny and dramatic even without its trademark dialogue, Blink demonstrates the power of the Doctor character even when he's not around!

My other favorites featuring good ol' Number Ten: The Girl in the Fireplace, Army of Ghosts/Doomsday, Gridlock, Human Nature/The Family of Blood, The Sontaran Strategem/The Poison Sky, and Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
The-Omni
The-Omni

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 am

Hey, I'm new and this is my first message Smile
I am particularly a fan of Tennants episodes with Rose, my favourite with Rose is Tooth and Claw and the idiot's lantern. With Martha my favourite is gridlock and with Donna it is Turn Left.
:doc10: is my favourite apart from the :doc7: and :doc4: of course he is classic who!
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.smileytails.webs.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:59 am

Doomsday. The last scene were the Doctor and Rose say their goodbyes. Heartwrenching.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:37 pm

My favorite Tenants are (in no particular order)

The Christmas Invasion
The Shakespere Code
Fear Her
Midnight
Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead
Blink
Partners In Crime
Human Nature/Family Of Blood (probably my favorite)
Smith And Jones
Utopia (awesome return of the Master, not-so-good follow-ups)

The Next Doctor and Waters Of Mars are my favorite specials
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Stolen earth/journeys end are 2 of my favorite 10nth docter eps. another 2 would be army of ghosts/doomsday.
Back to top Go down
Gunny
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:25 am

All good input, so here are my favorite 10th Doctor episodes;

The Girl in the Fireplace
School Reunion
Tooth and Claw
The Next Doctor
Planet of the Dead
Silence in the Libray / Forest of the Dead
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Gunny wrote:
All good input, so here are my favorite 10th Doctor episodes;

The Girl in the Fireplace
School Reunion
Tooth and Claw
The Next Doctor
Planet of the Dead
Silence in the Libray / Forest of the Dead

I can honestly say that I liked all of those episodes. They are all good in their own ways. To throw in a few other favorites of mine...

Army of Ghosts and Doomsday. The whole Doctor vs. Torchwood vs. Cybermen vs. Daleks thing just really makes for an interesting story, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Best 10th Doctor episodes?   Best 10th Doctor episodes? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:53 pm

As for actual episodes... actually, I'd recommend the Unicorn and the Wasp. Why? Because it shows the Doctor, the time traveling and complexities involved, some elements of humor, drama, mystery, suspense, aliens and the frequently prevalent look into human nature that Doctor Who often does...

But most importantly, a newbie can watch the episode, and aside from the fact that the Doctor has Donna as a companion, absolutely nothing is revealed, so no spoilers.

Though, personally, if I'm trying to get someone into Doctor Who, I'd show them this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4YpH6TgqCY It's a beautiful tribute.
Back to top Go down

Best 10th Doctor episodes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: