Calixar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Another 8th Doctor movie? Empty
PostSubject: Another 8th Doctor movie?   Another 8th Doctor movie? EmptyTue May 15, 2007 7:18 pm

So, what do we think of this rumor:

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423640.html

Sounds unlikely... but I'd love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
AC Rempt
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Another 8th Doctor movie?   Another 8th Doctor movie? EmptyWed May 16, 2007 1:55 am

I'm with you all around. More Who is always welcome, especially given the short shrift the 8th Doc was given. It seems like a waste to have him just laying around, especially when McGann is still young enough to play the part.

Still, the idea of putting out a movie feature a completely different Doctor won't work in this day and age when branding is such a big deal, more so than it was in Hartnell's and Cushing's day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophiethedog.com
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: Another 8th Doctor movie?   Another 8th Doctor movie? EmptyThu May 17, 2007 11:58 pm

While I didn't like the TV movie, I thought the audio series made up for everything. I'd love for Paul to get another shot at playing the Doctor on screen, but I think a movie is a bit much. Maybe a holiday special or something. If they make a movie, why not take advantage of the current Doctor?
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Another 8th Doctor movie?   Another 8th Doctor movie? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 1:55 pm

It would be nice to see something like The Two Doctors or some story where he goes from the 8th to 9th doctor. I suspect that will only happen when and if they ever do a story for the Time War.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Another 8th Doctor movie?   Another 8th Doctor movie? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 12:25 am

I REALLY want to see this happen. McGann was a superb Doctor. He seriously deserves more screen time.
His Doctor would be the perfect choice for a movie series... as the current Doctor could continue the TV series without interruption and we could get a good series of movies with Geoffrey Sax and without Russel Davies to interfere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
Who
Who

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Another 8th Doctor movie?   Another 8th Doctor movie? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 12:41 am

Certainly would be nice
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: Another 8th Doctor movie?   Another 8th Doctor movie? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 1:41 am

Maybe someday Chris E. will find himself in need of a paycheck and we'll get to see the 9th regeneration? I don't see that happening for a while though...
Back to top Go down

Another 8th Doctor movie?
Page 1 of 1