Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!

Go down 
+3
exilea
jfh1970
jonwes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! Empty
PostSubject: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUth0jmF-E&feature=youtu.be

The new series looks really gorgeous. Maybe a bit more refined. Hopefully the stories will follow suit!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:06 am

I get tingles up and down my spine every time I watch this preview. So looking forward to the new series. This is coming along during a time in my life when I definitely need to be uplifted too.
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:07 am

I know I'm seriously stoked for this new season! Nothing against Russel T Davies, i love what he did with the show, but Steven Moffat knows Doctor Who better and writes much more amazing stories. Still wish David had stayed on for one season with Moffat running the show, but all the same this is going to be fantastic!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:30 pm

As much as I love Tennant and was sorry to see him go, I think he made the right move to leave while he was on top. Even though Tom Baker was pretty good he stayed too long in the role and I wouldn't want to see Tennant repeat that. Although I would love someone to break Tom Baker's record. Matt Smith perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:54 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
As much as I love Tennant and was sorry to see him go, I think he made the right move to leave while he was on top. Even though Tom Baker was pretty good he stayed too long in the role and I wouldn't want to see Tennant repeat that. Although I would love someone to break Tom Baker's record. Matt Smith perhaps?

Most likely the 13th Doctor will be prolonged, but never say never. You never know (Woops, I said never! lol), the Doctor will probably get another life cycle. Infact, I'm sure of it! Doctor Who is too much of a British icon to just end for ever. So he'll either obtain another life cycle or we'll end up with RTD back as the writer, due to Steven Moffat's death...caused by RTD as he was jealous, and he'll just regenerate into the 14th Doctor and shout "13 lives? WHAT A LOAD OF OLD --" *Intermission*...
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:25 pm

The more clips I see of Matt Smith, the more at ease I'm beginning to feel that he's going to be a truly great Doctor.

I'm really loving the way he delivers his lines and his kind of awkward mannerisms. More clumsy and clunky, not as slick and smooth as DT and I think that's a good thing.

As great as (most of) the Davies/Tennant era was, I'm thinking the Moffat/Smith era may just be even better.

I really, really can't wait for this.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:32 pm

jfh1970 wrote:

i dont think anyone will do this for quit a while, because tom was an actor who needed the things in his life the part gave him like stability of income, fame, an excuse to be eccentric and weird, a hero and beloved by children not to mention he was older. they seem to be getting these young relatively unknowns to play the doctor and these guys seem to be using it as a launch pad, and they dont want to be type cast. i think tennent stood the best chance, but with that said, i would love to be proved wrong by a good actor and a great doctor.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 pm

An extended version of this trailer was shown on Jonathan Ross tonight.

You can watch it here:
http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/

They also showed a clip from episode 6, which showed
Spoiler:

They're doing a great job getting us hyped up for this series. I can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm

I watched the new preview twice and I didn't see the spoiler. So whereabouts would I find it? Hmmmmm?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:21 pm

The extended trailer is the top clip. The spoiler is the next post below, "Vampires in Venice" Wink
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:14 am

Thanks for pointing it out. Loved it. Once again Smith seems to be giving me the Troughton vibe. Love that too!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:31 am

The more I see, the more excited I get!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 pm

This was probably posted elsewhere in the boards but I'm loving this clip from "Vampires of Venice".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBHRauwOTJ4&feature=player_embedded

I'm pretty convinced now that Smith is going to be GREAT. CAN'T WAIT!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:09 pm

I'm very optimistic as well if you can't tell. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:12 pm

Clavius wrote:
This was probably posted elsewhere in the boards but I'm loving this clip from "Vampires of Venice".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBHRauwOTJ4&feature=player_embedded

I'm pretty convinced now that Smith is going to be GREAT. CAN'T WAIT!

Wow! I am absolutely sure that Smith will be a great Doctor after watching that! Just what the Doctor ordered!
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:29 pm

"Tell me the whole plan!....

(long pause) oh, one day that will work."

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:52 pm

Wow! When I first saw that the Moff had cast Matt Smith I was pretty nervous.

But after seeing these clips, I am loving the 11th Doctor already!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!   New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:55 pm

More clips! Yay!

Scene from Episode 1
https://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/Cameron-K-McEwan/?action=view&current=clip-1.flv

Moffat introducing Episode 1
https://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/Cameron-K-McEwan/?action=view&current=moff-11thhour-intro.flv

Less than 48 hours to go! cheers
Back to top Go down

New BBC America Series 5 Trailer - Probably the best yet!
Page 1 of 1