20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Doctor Who motivational poster Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:19 am

Doctor Who motivational poster DoctorPoster
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:35 am

Amen to that!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:40 am

LOL! I didn't mind the romance angle, but it's time to move on. Like Hartnell's flirtation with Cameca and McGann's with Grace, it was an interesting variation in the character's life, but the moment has passed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:30 am

Agreed! (as a vortigaunt might say). I never thought of him as whining though, more that he sort of emphasised the lonliness of The Doctor in general. Still I think Matt will be refreshing
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:38 pm

you're shoelace is untied mcfly!
Back to top Go down
Osbourne
Osbourne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:51 pm

I hope he changes outfits like the 3rd doctor did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.impulsecreations.net
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm still not convinced it was a total romance, but I can understand why the Doctor latched onto Rose like he did. The man had just been through a war and "witnessed" his own people and planet become non existant. It was only natural for him to want to be close to someone after all of that. He was a walking wound that needed a band aid.

Now if it was a full fledged romance then fine. I have no problem with it. What I did have a problem with was the constant shoving "Rose is the best thing since sliced bread" idea down my throat by RTD.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:01 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
What I did have a problem with was the constant shoving "Rose is the best thing since sliced bread" idea down my throat by RTD.

Agreed. She started out as a proxy for humanity as a whole, simultaneously perfectly ordinary and bursting with the potential to become something wonderful, but RTD belabored the point ad absurdum. I loved the character of Rose, but I really would have liked for us to have never seen her again after the "Doomsday" episode. Her return(s) to the show undermined that great send-off she'd been given.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:08 am

mysterylad wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:
What I did have a problem with was the constant shoving "Rose is the best thing since sliced bread" idea down my throat by RTD.

Agreed. She started out as a proxy for humanity as a whole, simultaneously perfectly ordinary and bursting with the potential to become something wonderful, but RTD belabored the point ad absurdum. I loved the character of Rose, but I really would have liked for us to have never seen her again after the "Doomsday" episode. Her return(s) to the show undermined that great send-off she'd been given.

Totally agree with you. The original exit of Rose had such an emotional impact. Now when I watch it again it's going to be a tedious scene as a result of Rose coming back again and again and again...

Y'know what I mean. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gunny
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:55 am

Ha, great poster!
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm

I love love LOVE the Tenth Doctor, and don't mind a little snogging, but if there was anything I could've done without it was that whole "Rose would know..." etc.!!! Great poster! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Home much better would the last scene of The End of Time have been if we had not seen Rose since Doomsday! But we have what we have, oh well.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:26 pm

The scene would've had more of an impact that's for sure. Thanks to RTD the character of Rose has "jumped the shark."
Back to top Go down
WishIWereGinger<3
WishIWereGinger<3

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:55 pm

I absolutely loved Rose. She helped the Doctor find himself again and to get out of the depressed hole he'd dug himself into after the time war. She gave him a lot to believe in and something to hold on to, but I really did believe after Doomsday she should've stayed on parallel Earth. I hated to see her go, but I knew it was for the best. I do agree bringing her back undermined the sadness we felt when she initially left, so when she came back we were all wondering what the point was. Also, every time she came and went it just opened up the Doctor's old wounds. Sad I really do hope that Amy can help him to feel not so alone anymore. But she seems to be doing a great job of that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://who-review.tumblr.com
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Yep, that poster says it all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Has any one seen the poster that proclaims everything I learned about life I learned from Doctor Who? It has the 10th Doctor on it with some of his enemies in the background. I was trying to read it online but the print was too small for my eyes. I believe the first line goes something like guns don't work on Sontarans. I would be interested to know what the rest of it says.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Here are some.

Doctor Who motivational poster 5vrqf7

Doctor Who motivational poster 5u24bp

Doctor Who motivational poster 2di4r38

Doctor Who motivational poster Dzzgxd

Doctor Who motivational poster 15qswow

Doctor Who motivational poster 23kqgly

Doctor Who motivational poster 14nd2mp

Doctor Who motivational poster 20ro37k

Doctor Who motivational poster 2vi0ax5

Doctor Who motivational poster 33lm4cg

Doctor Who motivational poster 2nr9tk

Doctor Who motivational poster 2evajcj

Doctor Who motivational poster 2dvll6v

Doctor Who motivational poster 11hz0vo

Doctor Who motivational poster Vnzgxf

Doctor Who motivational poster Rctqup

Doctor Who motivational poster Nl98jr

Doctor Who motivational poster Wu3q05

Doctor Who motivational poster 30ro37n

Doctor Who motivational poster Ndlt8k

Doctor Who motivational poster 1ixt10

Doctor Who motivational poster Dxlpbm

Doctor Who motivational poster F19uzn

Doctor Who motivational poster 10p6bg6

Doctor Who motivational poster Vj0ox

Doctor Who motivational poster 5vq744

Doctor Who motivational poster 24o55yw

Doctor Who motivational poster 11jq6c7

Doctor Who motivational poster Sq5v9y

Doctor Who motivational poster 25asuc5

Doctor Who motivational poster 2wez8le

Doctor Who motivational poster 2iw1wlj

My whole collection. For now. Smile

Last edited by TheDoctor88 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:45 pm

...okay....

Scary...

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:52 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
...okay....

Scary...

~

I'm right there with you, LtViperPilot. I'm right there with you.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Boy Guess sharing was a "BAD" idea. Sad Evil or Very Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Whatever happened to you socializing with all the other Matt Smith worshippers fans on that LJ comm I recommended? You'd get along famously there. All you need to do is actually post there and start talking to them. Posts like this will be more than welcome there and you'll find more love from them than "....." from us.

~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:10 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
Whatever happened to you socializing with all the other Matt Smith worshippers fans on that LJ comm I recommended? You'd get along famously there. All you need to do is actually post there and start talking to them. Posts like this will be more than welcome there and you'll find more love from them than "....." from us.

~

Great idea! That kind of place would be perfect for this stuff!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:11 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who motivational poster   Doctor Who motivational poster EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:

~

Thanks. Smile

Don't thank me, just please, take the suggestion and do it. You'll have a lot of fun there, I know it, and you'll probably make loads of friends as well. They've been posting animated gifs lately from the Christmas special too.

~
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who motivational poster
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: