Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Sontaran Commander Skorr Review Empty
PostSubject: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:40 am

Sontar-Ha! It's time for a new Doctor Who review and it's one of everyone's favorite baked potato heads, the Sontarans! Today I'm looking at Commander Skorr in all his Sontaran holier than thou attitude. Check out the full review over at Infinite Hollywood!

Sontaran Commander Skorr Review 4394201081_a77e9668e5

Infinite Hollywood: Sontaran Commander Skorr Figure Review

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I know they're clones, but having purchased this figure and the General one I have to express I like the latter so much better. Weird thing is I really can't put my finger on why. Perhaps it's the teeth?
Back to top Go down
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:02 am

Yeah could be. They certainly draw some attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:48 am

Out of curiosity, have you had any trouble putting the helmet on?
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:42 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Out of curiosity, have you had any trouble putting the helmet on?
~

I think everyone did at first, especially when they're new out the package. But you get used it and it tends to stay on after a few little pushes.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:59 am

I got 8 of the buggers, and some helmets fit better than others. Some need to be forced in and randomly pop off a few minutes later.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:50 am

rdks wrote:
I got 8 of the buggers, and some helmets fit better than others. Some need to be forced in and randomly pop off a few minutes later.

Mine seems to have the issue of one side fits in and the other side pops out. I was considering taking my exacto knife and gently trimming away some of the plastic so the little notch will just fit perfectly.

I'm still amazed at its dexterity. I just did a photo story of it and my Daleks to show off how well it can pose! It's truly an amazing figure, even if I can't get the helmet to stay on! I even have one picture that I adore:

Sontaran Commander Skorr Review 0006x5kf
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Currently I only have General Stahl and even though I think he's a great figure I really don't like that his upper torso feels so "springy". I just have this feeling like the piece is going to break off if I'm not careful with the figure.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:23 am

jfh1970 wrote:
Currently I only have General Stahl and even though I think he's a great figure I really don't like that his upper torso feels so "springy". I just have this feeling like the piece is going to break off if I'm not careful with the figure.

What about his helmet though? Has it ever been difficult to get that thing to stay on?
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:13 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:

What about his helmet though? Has it ever been difficult to get that thing to stay on?
~

That's a negative.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:26 pm

I wonder what mine's problem is then. I still can't get the silly thing to stay on.
~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Why do I think of sour creme every time I see a Sontaran!!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
I wonder what mine's problem is then. I still can't get the silly thing to stay on.
~

Perhaps it's something to do with the way it was manufactured? Perhaps heat exposure somehow warped the collar area? Just guessing though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sontaran Commander Skorr Review   Sontaran Commander Skorr Review EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Probably. It does seem a little warped. I'm trying to gently scrape away some of the plastic so it can just slide on.
~
Back to top Go down

Sontaran Commander Skorr Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Product Reviews & Photos-
Jump to: