regenerated and done
13 posters
AuthorMessage
regenerated and done
regenerated and done

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-01-14

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:46 pm

WHO do you think is the best doctor cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:54 pm

regenerated and done wrote:
WHO do you think is the best doctor cheers

3rd Doctor, everytime!!!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Fourth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Barring the obvious (4th and 10th) my faves are 2nd and 5th.
Back to top Go down
scoodee
scoodee

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-29

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Fourth, of courth. I do really love #5 and #9 too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm

As this is under the CO toy thread I am making the assumption that you are referring to the action figures.

I really do like the celeryed fifth Doctor, but think the work done on the Black and White 1st and 2nd really do make me think I am looking at them on a tv screen from the sixties.
Back to top Go down
onlynorris
onlynorris

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2007-08-12

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:26 pm

8th Doctor

(Yes, I know)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/onlynorris
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:16 pm

thenorris: Good for you!

My favs are 2nd, 4th, 8th and 10th. Hard to pick one out of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
NewtonDKC
NewtonDKC

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-02-01

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:39 pm

I go thru phases where each Doctor has had his turn at being my favorite. Typically, it's 4 & 10 of course, but over the past couple years I've finally managed to watch all the existing stories still available (including the "Lost in Time" DVD's with all the remaining stand alone episodes from incomplete stories, and of course "Shada" with the linking narration by Tom Baker).

When I was a kid, the 5th Doc was a close runner up to 4 as that was the first time I had to get used to someone else being the Doctor due to the way the shows aired in the US - when the US finally got the 3rd Doc and finally the first 2, I was curious but had a hard time keeping my interest in the slower moving stories of yesteryear!

Nowdays I LOVE those old shows, especially the B&W ones! :-) For awhile I was absolutely enamored with the 2nd Doctor, but then also the 3rd and even the 1st have all "Taken over" at various times. The only Doctors I have a hard time getting into "nowdays" is 7 & of course 8's only outing. 7's error - erm, era, just seems to have consistently bad acting (and that's saying a lot for Dr Who!), stories that go nowhere and are just really dull and/or suffer from the reduced episode count (at least I think that may be part of the problem...but then the full 4 episode stories rarely seem much better IMO). A prime example is "Dragonfire" - when the Doctor purposely puts himself hanging over the ice world walk way thingie. Sure, the explanation of why may make sense - but you shouldn't have to have a writer explaining why things appears so silly as often as things do.

So since it's a show about a body-changing time traveller - all more of less have been my favorite at different times! :-)
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:20 am

to hoosier, i agree that this must be about toys so i say the pyramids of mars tom. i dont even care about the scarf be cause i pulled it right off and put serious tom head on and it is awsome.
but i think all the doctors have been remarkable except maybe the scale of regen colin who is as tall as my tom baker. to newton, incredible break down of the pov of the veiwer, i felt close to that although i hated davison at first because i hadent seen the previous doctors ie 123, and didnt understand how incredible his post regen scene was, pluse he destroyed the scarf, but grew to love him, and i also had trouble getting into the 3rd docs stories. but characters i was familar with ala the BRIG!!!, sorry, want that fig, helped and made that transition easier, also honorable mention to sgt benton. it was like watching the best prequal of all time. but im tired and rambling.

p.s
but in all seriousness i have no trouble picking one, and its tom baker all the way, in toys or any other media, if i was forced to only have one doctors run of stories as the doctor, id take tom.
Back to top Go down
Gunny
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 am

For me the sixth Doctor, Colin Baker, has been and always will be my favorite. I loved his costume and I always thought he worked well with Peri. I really enjoyed Colin's performance especially his vocabulary and his delivery. Was he unpredictable? Yes he was and that also plays into how much I liked his portrayal. In recent years I have found his audio version of the 6th Doctor to be tremendous as well.

After Colin Baker I would say that Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee get the nod for my next best Doctors. The only one I really did not care for at the time was Sylvester McCoy. Of course he had the misfortune of following my favorite. Time though has made me at least appreciate Sylvester's efforts during his time as the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:18 pm

I have to agree with newton- I really love them all. If pushed...Tom Baker and Tennant as a tie and for different reasons...but nice chaps all of them.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Today, Pertwee. Yesterday it was also Pertwee, but the day before that it was Davison. Tomorrow's looking like a Troughton kind of day. Weekend looks a little Hartnell with a chance of Tennant. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yana34
Yana34

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-09

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 am

The 4th! As a kid, that Doc was always by my bedside!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:53 am

4th, 9th, and 10th. I agree, too hard to pick just one when you're dealing with so many great actors! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

the best of em all Empty
PostSubject: Re: the best of em all   the best of em all EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:46 pm

The Tenth Doctor -- David Tennant!!!

I also like 5, 4, 8 and 1 quite a lot...but they're all great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette

the best of em all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: