19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Vicki wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Well, I love The Office, so you never know....

The one notable exception! Good show in both settings, so maybe there's a chance, if a slim one...

What about Sanford and Son? afro
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:21 am

jfh1970 wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I've never seen "Steptoe" but I have to think some radical changes were made to the American version. So an Americanized "Torchwood" wouldn't necessarily be outright awful. Still can't see it on Fox though.

Wasn't "All in the Family" also based on a British series?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:35 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:

That's what I was thinking. I've never seen "Steptoe" but I have to think some radical changes were made to the American version. So an Americanized "Torchwood" wouldn't necessarily be outright awful. Still can't see it on Fox though.

Wasn't "All in the Family" also based on a British series?

I think it was....IMDB time.

OK, it was :Till Death Do Us Part"
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:29 pm

It's been snubbed:

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/04/torchwood-snuffed-at-fox.html
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 pm

IMO it's for the best. I wonder if FOX had an issue with Captain Jack being gay? Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they did and it'll be interesting to see what other network will pick up an Americanized TW. If FOX didn't go for it I really don't see any other network going for it either. Personally, I think the whole idea should be scrapped.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:18 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
IMO it's for the best. I wonder if FOX had an issue with Captain Jack being gay? Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they did and it'll be interesting to see what other network will pick up an Americanized TW. If FOX didn't go for it I really don't see any other network going for it either. Personally, I think the whole idea should be scrapped.

I also think it is for the best that Fox is not doing it. But I still would like to see a US Torchwood, as long as Captain Jack is in it. And I am sure I read that Fox did have a problem with Jack's sexuality. (Whatever that may be!!LOL)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:56 am

I for one am against this whole idea. Fox would ruin by having Jack Bauer to step in and save the day at the end.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm

I was thinking about what was said that they were in talks with other networks. Perhaps the Americanized version will wind up on BBC America?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:08 pm

I just hope they don't do it. There really is no need for it here especially if they decide to make Jack straight in the show. That would destroy and all ready fantastic character.
Do they need reminding of that terrible American made Doctor Who movie. I can never look at Eric Roberts the same again which in a way is a good thing, he is.... The Master.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:49 am

thesonicscrewdriver wrote:
I just hope they don't do it. There really is no need for it here especially if they decide to make Jack straight in the show. That would destroy and all ready fantastic character.
Do they need reminding of that terrible American made Doctor Who movie. I can never look at Eric Roberts the same again which in a way is a good thing, he is.... The Master.

I must say that that final shot of the TARDIS surrounded by the moonlight and Christmas lights has to be one of my favourite shots of it! Not only that... Paul McGann as the 8th Doctor... most awesome thing about that movie. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 am

jfh1970 wrote:

I have to admit, I'm glad FOX had an issue. I fear that if they did pick it up they would ruin it. However, I would like to see another network pick it up (i.e. Syfy, or BBCA for example).
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:36 pm

I would love usa network to pick it up- they do a really good job lately of promoting their shows...

syfy- well I guess...but they sort of butcher shows...like...
flash gordon...but they can do good like battlestar...then bad again with evil persian cats with lazer beams..sat. movie at 11!!!!
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:18 pm

I think what people forget is that American makes a lot of great shows. Yes fan opinion sidevided on the TVM, but I honeslty feel that that is people who like it, people who hated it and people who hated it simply because it was not made by the BBC. Then there are people who can enjoy it but know it could have been better just like any first Doctor episode.

Torchwood could work here, no issues, so long as a ntwork gave it peoper attention. If the SyFy channel got it they could make it crap or good, depends on the money they throw at at and the talent they can hire to act and direct it. Same goes for any channel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:08 pm

I wish they would go back and make a new season of the original TW instead of being determined to make an Americanized version. What exactly happened with the original series? Why was it treated so poorly by the "networks"?
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Honestly, I am betting that if this new US Torchwood goes ahead then it will be both the series 4 of torchwood and a US remake.

Think about it, Jack is the only active member, sure Gwen could be but she will have a child now and Reys may not want her to do that job and she as a mother might not want to.

So Jack relocates to America, starts a US Torchwood. As an American Pilot this can work because the Audaince will not need to know anything. They will slowly learn about Jack over the series and I'm betting he will recruit a new US team of experts. He'll have the hub database at his disposal too. That or a US organization traps Jack and makes him work for them.Either way it can be sold to America as a new series with no past unless they want to look it up like New Who was sold.

The in the UK it would be marketed as Torchwood 4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:06 am

It'll be interesting if it's revealed that BBC America will run the Americanized TW if it comes to pass. Crossing my fingers that it won't.
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
It'll be interesting if it's revealed that BBC America will run the Americanized TW if it comes to pass. Crossing my fingers that it won't.

Well all they're running now apparently is Star Trek the Next Generation. Rolling Eyes

I want some BBC in my America, thank you!

/went downhill when they killed Eastenders
//America ruins every British programme they've put their hands on
///wish I could have the best of both worlds
Back to top Go down
RevClaire
RevClaire

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Nuggan wrote:
the best of both worlds

Wait long enough and I'm sure that one will come up in the Next Generation rotation Wink
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:51 pm

ReverendKain wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
the best of both worlds

Wait long enough and I'm sure that one will come up in the Next Generation rotation Wink

Laughing

ARGH!

Not that I don't like Star Trek. I used to really be a Trekker/e (I even met Jimmy Doohan) but a British channel should run British Shows!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Well everyone should know by now that the next TW series is going to be on Starz. Even if I wind up getting access to viewing it I don't think I'm going to bother watching the new stories. I've seen some summaries of the new characters coming aboard and I'm not impressed at all.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:27 am

jfh1970 wrote:
Well everyone should know by now that the next TW series is going to be on Starz. Even if I wind up getting access to viewing it I don't think I'm going to bother watching the new stories. I've seen some summaries of the new characters coming aboard and I'm not impressed at all.

Its going to be on Starz but i do believe to be made byBritain. Or thats what i read atleast. Also theysaid there going to be moving Jack and Gwen around to diffrent branches of torchwood. Can iget that summary of the new characters?
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD   FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:30 am

The summary is after Sherlock (which looks interesting):

http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down

FOX TO MAKE US VERSION OF TORCHWOOD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2