Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:13 am

I just found out that the Doctor Who Museum in Blackpool closed down on Nov 8! I visited in August after taking 3.5 hour train ride. A traffic cop told me it was closed and I nearly had a nervous breakdown. Luckily, it was still open. I had no idea it would be closing down. I took plenty of pictures. I haven't been this gutted since the Words & Pictures Museum closed. The BBC isn't explaining why they closed it again right when Who is having a resurgence. It doesn't make sense to close the whole thing down just to retool it a bit for the Moffat era (he also visited the last day without knowing it was to close). It seems many of the props will be auctioned off in February.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 am

There is a Bonhams auction scheduled, although a lot of collectors in England have been questioning the quality of what is left.

Too bad we never had a place like that here in the USA. And yes, I remember the trailer they did in the late '80s.

A science fiction Hall of Fame would be amazing!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
There is a Bonhams auction scheduled, although a lot of collectors in England have been questioning the quality of what is left.

Too bad we never had a place like that here in the USA. And yes, I remember the trailer they did in the late '80s.

A science fiction Hall of Fame would be amazing!

I think there is a Sci-Fi hall of fame, in Washington or Oregon, I will look it up.

And found it:
http://www.empsfm.org/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: hope this is right   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:10 pm

[/url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ExH2kn9zIs
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:15 pm

im not sure how too post pics vids and so forth.its my first go so forgive me if its wrong.any this is my vid before the exhibition shut down.im no hollywood movie maker.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:37 pm

[url]Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! Picture071u[center] sorry its so big first go
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:21 am

What a great picture! Checking for a show of hands to see if anyone's complaining about seeing it at full size... nope, didn't think so. That's a cool photo. Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! Fresse
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:41 pm

thanks for that earl,i only lived 10mins away from the exhibition,when it was open,it was a very sad day,when it closed down,note the first 2 cybies are the real thing,mind you the painted ones look good too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:54 pm

[More videos from towerdalek]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! 18709716
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:00 pm

i seem too be getting better,at posting pics,thats why im trying on a board thats not so busy,till i get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
SonicGirl
SonicGirl

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:31 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
I just found out that the Doctor Who Museum in Blackpool closed down on Nov 8! I visited in August after taking 3.5 hour train ride. A traffic cop told me it was closed and I nearly had a nervous breakdown. Luckily, it was still open. I had no idea it would be closing down. I took plenty of pictures. I haven't been this gutted since the Words & Pictures Museum closed. The BBC isn't explaining why they closed it again right when Who is having a resurgence. It doesn't make sense to close the whole thing down just to retool it a bit for the Moffat era (he also visited the last day without knowing it was to close). It seems many of the props will be auctioned off in February.

Oh,shame.Must of been a good place,but the reason is they had all the classic things from Doctor Who.I wonder why...? Question Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SonicGirl
SonicGirl

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:31 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

Oh,shame.Must of been a good place,but the reason is they had all the classic things from Doctor Who.I wonder why...? Question Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!   Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed! EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 pm

well sonic girl it was a museum for the classic who stuff,the new who stuff was on lone only.it was great too see the old and new together,i did sneak a sit in bessie, pertwees car.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Blackpool Museum closed!
Page 1 of 1