Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:27 pm

well? O.k. maybe it is the sugar xmas high but I am really pumped up for this episode and also really really sad. 10's time is coming soon and that is heartbreaking. As sad as it will soon be there is the excitement of a regeneration. I will really really miss Tennant- he has proven to be one of my favorite doctors of all time...but I love them all.

So what did you think of the episode mon amies?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:54 pm

I can't seem to form an opinion yet, despite having watched it twice already. I really need to see the next part. It was like watching half of a movie.

But what a cliffhanger!
Spoiler:
Love it!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm in the same camp. I need to see Part Two. It may make it all make sense. Right now, I feel like it was a bit of a disjointed mess.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:51 pm

I agree. I am so very confussed. But what a great cliffhanger. The Master was abit mad though...think he was hungry?

Anyway...

Spoiler:

Who found the Doctor rather...different, aswell? It wasn't the same. I mean, his last adventure and they shouldn't change his ways! No, no, no, no, no! This is why we LOVE him! Ahh....I really don't want him to go Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Jon
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:46 am

I loved what happened to a certain world leader, there was a bit of irony in the comment made after 'the moment' that made me laugh out loud.

The preview for the second part has me kinda excited to see what is going to happen.

Not to mention the implications it has for Matt Smith!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:23 am

I imagine the Time Lords aren't going to be too happy with the Doctor, since he was the one who wiped them out!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:02 am

I think my favorite thing about this episode is Wilf- I love him! His comment about being inside the tardis was very funny. It is such an interesting dynamic to have an older companion.

Like many, I can't really judge a two parter until I see it thru- I can't wait till next week....
Back to top Go down
JohnPertwee
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-02-02

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:24 am

I watched it twice, and will watch it again in BBCA HD later today. It was like watching only half of a movie. I can't wait for New Years.

10/10
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:27 am

I wasn't impressed. I have a harder time getting into the series. I think in the last few episodes I liked 'Waters of Mars' best.

Perhaps part 2 will be better? I dunno, I just once again find the Master's plot rather... well.... cheesey...

Now about the Doctor's character, I agree with what Scarywood said about finding the Doctor rather different. It was like the 7th Doctor in Lungbarrow... he knew what was going happen or the same with the 4th in Logopolis, these two Doctors knew a regeneration was upon them and thus their character changed rather quickly. Baker wasn't himself in Logopolis, he was much more serious than ever and the 7th Doctor in Lungbarrow was all remiss... the 10th Doctor is very... It's hard to put my finger on it but it's like when you know a family member is about to die and there's nothing you can do but brace yourself.

As far as the characters go, nicely written and I love Wilfred, I like when they use Bernard Cribbins and it was nice to see him get top billing... however I wonder if theree's not something more to him as well.

And is it me or can you not take Timothy Dalton seriously when he spits as he talks?
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
kngfu
kngfu

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2007-02-15

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:40 am

"And is it me or can you not take Timothy Dalton seriously when he spits as he talks?"

He was my favorite Bond. Silly story and the Master is now a Sith Lord....
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:29 pm

I really enjoyed it, even though it seemed to rob quite a bit of imagery from The Matrix. The end scene with Dalton and the Time Lords gave me goosebumps.

This is going to be a long week of anticipation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 3:06 pm

I wasn't terribly impressed. It felt slapdash, rushed, and full of throwaway characters (Eccentric Billionaire version 345.0), and this was by far the goofiest plot the Master has ever concocted. That said, I will gleefully watch Part Two, because there are some narrative threads that were pure gold: I can't wait to see how things pan out for Donna and her family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 3:51 pm

As the set up for our New Years payoff, it wasn't bad. I can't really judge it as a stand-alone episode, so I think I'll reserve my final opinion untill I see part 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
Drathro

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-11-21

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:02 pm

mysterylad wrote:
and this was by far the goofiest plot the Master has ever concocted.

and it only took him 3 minutes, totaly made up on the spot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeconsolesandgames.co.uk
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:57 am

If you mix the potion of life with the potion of death you get superpowers and the munchies.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Anonymous

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:04 am

I'm working on a full review for my site, but overall this reminded me in a very warm and fond way of the season finales for Babylon 5 - stuff is just going off the rails faster than anyone can keep up with what's going on, and the real roller-coaster sensation is that we don't even know what the implications are yet, aside from John Simm finally becoming a household name (I've thought he deserved it since Life On Mars, but it's good to see that Doctor Who is making it happen quite masterfully! The End of Time Fresse ).

I giggled madly at the final scene, though part of this was because...

Spoiler:

Which raises the question...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Earl Green on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited repeatedly while I try to figure out the "spoiler" function :/)
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:12 am

Blogtor Who has a few minutes from after the intro from Part 2. Massive Spoilers!!!

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:35 am

Was that.... was that.... the Ressurection Glove from Torchwood???
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 5:36 am

Niiiice. I hope they are back to stay. They are awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:37 am

Some further thoughts
1. Lord President MORBUIUS cuz I sayso! alien
a. Eccleston makes a super surprise cameo, or even McGann EVEN BETTER! Based on the blogtor who scene
(Somehow the Doctor gets a chance at a second life, not a do over, but a new chance to keep going)
2. The Doctor is given and entirely new regeneration cycle
a. Retro Tardis in preview pics Cool
b. younger guy is now Doctor geek
c. finishing off of RTD's influence, sorry but after season two, I was seriously annoyed with the soap opera crap Mad
d. The whole rebranding makes me think they want the show to go on past the natural 12 Doctors. cheers

As far as part one goes, the Master 'thing' was kinda drawn out and made no sense whatsoever. Scary as all get out with the vagrants though! The scene in the Cafe was ABSOLUTELY BLOODY BRILLIANT! sunny

Yes Earl, I was thinking of him saying "As my first act I will create a grand army of the prydonians" after the pull back on the timelords. lol!

And Earl if you ever, even in a fevered state, EVER, EVER, joke about Dapol making a serious return other than a limited edition charity release, I will stick jelly babies up both your nostrils! affraid Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:48 am

I enjoyed the episode so far, but was so angry with BBCA stupid move of the Part 2 trailer with the Timelords in the middle of the episode!
And who is the Lady in White? My first guess was Romona, but now I am thinking White Guardian?

Christian wrote:

It sure looked like it to me....

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Some further thoughts
1. Lord President MORBUIUS cuz I sayso!

That would be a big fannish reference, but whoever the Lord President is, he is played by TIMOTHY DALTON!!! Only Patrick Stewart would have thrilled me more!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:57 am

O.K. my crazy wild guesses:

W-i-l-f-r-e-d M-o-t-t= T-i-m-e-l-o-r-d o-f?
or T-i-m-e-l-or-d fo (father of?) that is what his name can spell out if rearranged....

manipulate time: rassilon or doc's dad?

timothy dalton- Omega- hand of omega?
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:10 pm

greenk9 wrote:
O.K. my crazy wild guesses:

W-i-l-f-r-e-d M-o-t-t= T-i-m-e-l-o-r-d o-f?
or T-i-m-e-l-or-d fo (father of?) that is what his name can spell out if rearranged....

manipulate time: rassilon or doc's dad?

timothy dalton- Omega- hand of omega?

but you left off the W
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Christian wrote:

Sure looked like it to me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
greenk9
greenk9

The End of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: The End of Time   The End of Time EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:44 pm

terasolo- yes left out w...er well can't think of words with fow, wof, ofw...but at lest some of his name does spell timelord.
Back to top Go down

The End of Time
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: