BBCA to air DW marathon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

BBCA to air DW marathon Empty
PostSubject: BBCA to air DW marathon   BBCA to air DW marathon EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 7:17 pm

The lovely folks at BBC America (not) will be airing a massive 46 hour marathon of DW from Christmas Invasion on New Year's Day into the 2nd of Jan when it premiers the DT final episode.

While I love DW (and DT), I won't be tuning in. This is overkill for one and another, if I want to see any of these eppies, I'll pull out my DVDs (no commercials and uncut). It's been about 2-3 years since I flipped to the station since most of their programming is now reality tv and a wee bit of sci-fi/fantasy. If you want decent programming, most can be found on PBS or other stations. Finished venting.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to air DW marathon   BBCA to air DW marathon EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 1:56 am

Why do you hate BBC America?

For one thing, this marathon is awesome for casual viewers who may have just gotten into Doctor Who. We should be congratulating them. I actually think BBCA has some of the best programs on TV right now. They play Being Human, Robin Hood, Torchwood and Doctor Who. Tonight I got to see a bunch of Christmas episodes of britcoms I'd never seen (and AYBS, an old favorite.) I have to say I really enjoy it.

Anyway - Waters of Mars achieved a record for BBCA! 1.1 Million viewers! That bodes well for the End of Time, which they air a promo for every other minute. Its so much better to have it on a cable channel that really makes a bit deal of Doctor Who versus Syfy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/dec/23/doctor-who-bbc-america
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to air DW marathon   BBCA to air DW marathon EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:12 pm

I missed most of the first run of Battlestar Galactica, then I moved and got cable. When Sci-Fi had a Galactica marathon I was able to get caught up before the premiere of the upcoming season. So, I do enjoy marathons.
Back to top Go down
tegan4
tegan4

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-21

PostSubject: BBC America.   BBCA to air DW marathon EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:16 am

BBC America just finished 'The Age of Steel', and went right into 'The Impossible Planet', thus skipping 'Idiot's Lantern'.
Maybe they're skipping this one?
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to air DW marathon   BBCA to air DW marathon EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:43 am

I checked my digital guide. they do skip a few and Voyage of the Damned is aired out of order as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to air DW marathon   BBCA to air DW marathon EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:07 pm

I don't even get BBCA on my cable network at all. I have to rely on my good buddies Bit and Torrent to get my new Who.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to air DW marathon   BBCA to air DW marathon EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:06 am

So it's been more than 24 hours and all I have watched is Doctor Who. It's going to be fun seeing Erin and the kid getting me to go out tomorrow... but that's another adventure... But right now it's 6 am... and Voyage of the Damned is on. Sandwiched between The Doctor's Daughter and The Unicorn and the Wasp. As far as I can tell...

They started with the Christmas Invasion... they skipped 'Idiot's Lantern' and '42' as well as aired Voyage of the Damned out of order. Other than that... they've aired a complete Tennant run or as complete as it can be on American tv. I loathe the American edit of 'Last of the Time Lords' and 'The Next Doctor'...
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

PostSubject: Re: BBCA to air DW marathon   BBCA to air DW marathon EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Odd they aiired the full version of The Next Doctor today as compared to the butchered edit they aired the night they debuted Waters of Mars.
Back to top Go down

BBCA to air DW marathon
Page 1 of 1