34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
rooners
rooners

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks guys!

I've actually been suffering from "photographers block" (is there such a thing Smile) when it comes Doctor Who figure scenes so I've working on some non DW photos-sometimes I need a break from DW to freshen up the ideas. If anyone is interested in these shots (all of which are just for fun - nothing special) you can see them on my Flickr site at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rooners/

I'm really hoping to return to DW in the next week or so....
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwcollector/sets/
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Here's a photographic game for you. Get a picture of the Capital City on Gallifrey from Last of the Time Lords and stare at it for a minute. Then look at a blank piece of white paper. It's the Emerald City! lol
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:00 am

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5026151844_745aa6986d
Don't Blink - Anything that contains a vision of an angel, becomes an angel...so whatever you do...DON'T BLINK!

This idea came about after the revelation in "Time of the Angels" that anything containing the vision of an Angel will become an Angel....when Character Options then released the projected image variant of the Weeping Angel, I couldn't help have a bit of fun with one of my own photos that contains the vision of an angel.

This is the orginal photo that contains the vision of an Angel...
Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 4415493632_8e1d7d2a77_m

Last edited by rooners on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:17 am

Amazing photo!

I've only just seen this topic and spent the last 20 minutes or so going through all the pages, viewing the different scenes. They're all amazing! Smile
Back to top Go down
Benam
Benam

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:56 am

That angel pic really good! It would be awesome if you could do something like this with it:

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 3d-dinosaur

Benam
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:25 am

rooner, i love the new 3-d angel scene! makes me want the still photo angel even more now.
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Heres my latest offering Smile

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5068941881_7ecc86a3ee
The Future is Bright - Maybe the Doctor knew Amy was special becuase of a vague memory of seeing himelf with her.

Last edited by rooners on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Jaw-dropping amazing! Looks so real! Stunning backdrop as well.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:11 am

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5114628658_21ca156084
The Man in the Mirror - Amy was concerned about the Doctor...he looked as if he'd just seen a ghost

I remember reading somewhere that the Doctor has had so many bodies that occasionally, when he glances at his reflection, one of his past faces stares back for a split second...I quite liked the idea of that...so thats where the idea of this picture came from.

Last edited by rooners on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:43 am

Great idea and execution, rooners!
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:18 am

Thanks!

I got the idea for this photo when Jack Harkness, said he lived on the Boeshane Peninsula, where, as the first Time Agent from that place, he was a poster boy and nicknamed the "Face of Boe". Given that Jack is immortal and the Doctor speculated that Jack might mutate in shape rather than age in the traditional way, this implied that Jack might one day age into the being known as the Face of Boe....Jack being as vain as he is, I wondered how he would cope with coming face to face with his future self.

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5134968597_b210be4fd4
The Face of the Future - Could the Face of Boe and Jack Harkness really be one of the same?

Last edited by rooners on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:25 am

Today I celebrate my first year of posting my pictures on this forum and Flickr - thanks for all the amazing feedback and kind comments over the last year. I cant wait to start taking more DW shots soon.

In the mean time, here is a shot I took to celebrate the occasion on Flickr

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5199684275_a17ccb61bd
Sorry lads, there's been a last minute change...the geekboy didn't make it to a 100 photos.

I was trying so hard to reach the milestone of 100 Flickr uploads by the end of my first year on Flickr, but I just couldn't find the time. (I only post my DW shots on this forum, but I do have lots of non DW toy photos on my Flickr site too). Infact, even this shot was a bit of a rush job at 2am this morning...as I'm sure you can tell Smile

Feel free to check out my Flickr photostream my clicking on the above photo.

Last edited by rooners on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:29 am

Ohhh I like it! I always love it when figures have signs! It makes it so much more real! Congrats on your time on flickr and your great pics! I honestly love how you compose your pictures and get the lighting just right! You have been an inspiration to me since my arrivial on this forum.

I am formerly known as A1C. Smile
~
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 pm

rooners wrote:
Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5114628658_6b2849632a
The Man in the Mirror - Amy was concerned about the Doctor...he looked as if he'd just seen a ghost

I remember reading somewhere that the Doctor has had so many bodies that occasionally, when he glances at his reflection, one of his past faces stares back for a split second...I quite liked the idea of that...so thats where the idea of this picture came from.

That was actually done in Power of the Daleks, where the Doctor, after regenerating, looks at himself in a hand mirror and sees his former self. afro

I never got into the "Jack is the Face of Boe" thing, to me, I think it was just an inside joke where he was from a town/city that just happens to be named after a big, disembodied head.
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:05 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
Ohhh I like it! I always love it when figures have signs! It makes it so much more real! Congrats on your time on flickr and your great pics! I honestly love how you compose your pictures and get the lighting just right! You have been an inspiration to me since my arrivial on this forum.

I am formerly known as A1C. Smile
~

Thank you - that is a very kind thing to say Very Happy

Heres the first of a couple I've finished this weekend. It has more post processing than I normally use...but wanted to try this effect.

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5215111551_5bccb526a4
Turbulent Landing - The Doctor is late for this adventure, landing right in the middle of Fenric's storm.

A bit of an alternative plot line from 'The Curse of Fenric'

Hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Here's my second shot - again more post processing than I normally do....but I've always wanted to try this effect.

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5215460559_16cb8177a0
The Master Returns - Showing symptons of his depleating lifeforce, the Master throws an atron bolt towards the Doctor.

Last edited by rooners on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:51 am

I dig that shot of the Master, rooners.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:02 am

I wanna see Homer Simpson in one.

Homer: I'm going to use that outhouse over there.
Companion: There's no outhouse.
The Doctor: MY TARDIS!!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:16 am

Very nice picture Rooners! I was going to ask about whether or not you used layers, but again, I don't want to know how you created this magic! It's absolutely fantastic!
~
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:19 am

rooners wrote:
Here's my second shot - again more post processing than I normally do....but I've always wanted to try this effect.

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5215460559_e0b2e75425
The Master Returns - Showing symptons of his depleating lifeforce, the Master throws an atron bolt towards the Doctor.
Is that the skull from the UC Hartnell I spy? Wink
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:22 am

Doctor Who Freak wrote:
rooners wrote:

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5215460559_e0b2e75425
Is that the skull from the UC Hartnell I spy? Wink

It is indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 am

Here a picture I took a while ago but wasn't happy with it - just added some special "zoom" effects and tweaked the colouring today and feel much better about it Smile

Hope you like it...

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5218202882_0e5dae5923
In Flight IV - Time Crash

Last edited by rooners on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:47 am

Hi guys

As you have always been so kind about my photos, I thought I'd share these with you...

Over the past year, there have been some pictures that I never posted because either I came up with what I thought was a better attempt or I rejected the photo altogether because it was either poor quality or just a boring idea.

Anyway, I was clearing out these old rejected shots but couldn't bring myself to delete them. I know they don't deserve their own post so I have made a collage of them....maybe you may like some of these...

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 File
Photos 1, 2 & 3: Alternative shots to The Master Doctor
Photo 4: Alternative shot to Vashta Nerada
Photo 5: Rejected shot called 'The Decision '
Photo 6: Rejected shot called 'Who You Calling Ugly?'
Photo 7: Rejected shot called 'Turbulent Landing '
Photo 8: Rejected shot called 'SOS call'
Photo 9: Rejected shot called 'Smile! You're on Camera'
Photo 10: Rejected shot called 'The Two Doctors'
Photo 11: Rejected shot called ' He's Behind You!
Back to top Go down
rooners
rooners

PostSubject: Re: Rooner's Figure Scenes   Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Here is my latest pic...hope you like it.

Rooner's Figure Scenes - Page 7 5241979549_0326241d12
Who ya gonna call...Cyberbuster! I ain't afraid of no 'borgs.

Last edited by rooners on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Rooner's Figure Scenes
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next