jonwes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

David Tennant's Next Role... Empty
PostSubject: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:11 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSTRE5A20JA20091103

He's playing a lawyer who suffers a break-down in a comedy-drama called "Rex Is Not Your Lawyer." They just greelit the pilot so it might not make it to series... but this is probably the thing Tennant mentioned around ComiCon that he auditioned for! According to the article he nailed it. I'll watch.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:40 pm

I'll watch. I just hope he gets to keep his accent in the role (biggest pet peeve on US shows).
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:05 pm

I wouldn't expect him to keep his accent since he's a Chicago lawyer. Not to say you can't have someone working in Chicago from another country... but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:47 pm

he can play deranged quite well- I remember his younger performance in Assylum. It's just a pilot, here's hopes that it will have legs beyond one show.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Has anyone seen him in Blackpool? It's a drama where he plays a very Kojack like detective...
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:02 pm

yes- I have the dvd's for blackpool...he really plays a seedy character...but nonetheless you like him...a crooked cop with a sweet tooth. He plays it in his scot's accent.
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 2:05 am

can't find anywhere else to put this...
there was an interview w/ Billie Piper and apparently she let the cat outta the bag about a Who film.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00q8y6y
about 46:48

she sounds like she knows what she's talking about. there was a thread on GB about this, but it's been closed. ????
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:10 am

Don't know why GB would close a thread about it. A legit comment made on the BBC site about Who. Strange.

Interesting interview, though. I don't really believe a word of it. Don't know why, just think she doesn't know what she's talking about. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 am

rdks wrote:
Don't know why GB would close a thread about it.

They close threads for the most idiotic reasons over there. And they'll ban you if you question their ruling. Fascists Smile
Back to top Go down
whofan 1138
whofan 1138

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 3:58 pm

see...the thing is : she(B.P.) says that D.T. has a fear of J.Depp being cast in a film version. this sounds like something they've discussed....and if they've discussed it....

also, the interviewer asks her why she's cringing or trying to signal something to her RIGHT after she lets it slip. I absolutely think she does know what she's talking about.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: David Tennant's Next Role...   David Tennant's Next Role... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:28 pm

Too bad Rex has been put on hold - I had hoped that the Leno shuffle with the pre-late-news slot might give the show an opening, and I'd have a chance to gloat, yet again, that I was a fan of Tennant's before he was popular.
Back to top Go down

David Tennant's Next Role...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: