red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond. Empty
PostSubject: red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond.   red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:35 pm

just watched the blu-ray of back to earth, and loved it. a great combination of comedy and drama(yes, i know, serious acting in red dwarf, bravo mr. charles). there are even a few surprises i won't go into. however, what i want to talk about is the rumor of a new series being commissioned. the specials were apparently a big hit, so they are thinking about making more.

i am torn on this issue. although the specials were great, and i waited 10 years for a movie/special, i don't know if i want more. the 8 series explored everything it needed to explore. the specials even touched on a few more things. where can they go from here? everyone is still in top notch form, but can they really go where they haven't gone before? and how big will the budget be?(the specials had a tiny budget, but did so much with it.)

i love red dwarf, but am worried that if it keeps going, it will be like the last couple "old" star trek films, where nothing new was being explored, and the acting was just being phoned in.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond.   red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:58 pm

I wouldn't mind a little bit more Red Dwarf...but it'll have to be better than Back To Earth. I know RD has done homages before (Camille, for example), but a Blade Runner parody/homage simply wasn't strong enough to stretch across three episodes.
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond.   red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond. EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:00 pm

I have always enjoyed RD but "Back to Earth" seemed very tired.
Series 8 also suffered and looked tired.

Anything before these last two outings is fun.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond.   red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond. EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:15 pm

I wasn't impressed with Back to Earth either. The best way to get passed it is to watch of the classic episodes of the show such as Backwards to see just how hilarious it was in its heyday. I hope the quality will improve considerably in the next series they are doing.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond.   red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond. EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:02 pm

I liked Back to Earth, but the RD creative forces have just never been all that prolific. What a tiny amount of material those folks have generated over the years! Anyway, I think the property is best served being left alone; the reunion was great fun, but without bringing in more writers who have more ideas at a far greater pace, there just isn't any point in trying to move forward. We'd just end up with a cliffhanger that goes unresolved when the current creative forces run out of steam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond.   red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond. EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Saw this over the holiday weekend as a christmas present from a fellow forum member here. Kochanski being out of it pretty much sucked. The explanation of the premise was consistent with how things turned out. They should go back and do 'series 9'. I would like to know how Rimmer becomes a Hologram again and Kochanski leaving, then they can do a series 10 with a small recap of B2E, by having them waking up and going from there.

I will say this, I laughed my bum off when Carbug showed up.
Back to top Go down

red dwarf back to earth.....and beyond.
Page 1 of 1