CJSchmidt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Star Gate Universe Empty
PostSubject: Star Gate Universe   Star Gate Universe EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:43 am

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure if they're going to ruin the fun of Stargate by forcing in the grittiness of BSG or if they're going to fix BSG (for me) by sprinkling on a little Stargate. I liked the pilot, but couldn't really get a grip for what the show would actually be like week-to-week.

Personally I can't deal with more than a season of the last few years worth of overly complicated, artificially intense, scifi/soap opera serials. I know BSG was a great show, but I just didn't enjoy watching it after the first year or two.

I'm guessing we'll have a good idea where things are going on Friday.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Star Gate Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Gate Universe   Star Gate Universe EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Didn't watch it and don't plan on watching it. SG1 is still the best of the lot while SG Atlantis was okay. If they wanted BSG grittiness they should have kept that show alive then.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Star Gate Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Gate Universe   Star Gate Universe EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:24 pm

^^ That's certainly your right. But you can't know what you are missing if you don't watch at least one episode.

As for me, I liked it. It's different in tone than the other two shows but that's fine with me.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Star Gate Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Gate Universe   Star Gate Universe EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:10 am

im pissed! the killed off "shooter mcgaven". naw just kidding. i loved battlestar all the way through and i love dollhouse so i may not be in the party line but i liked it. i feel just like cj though im not sure what they are exactly going to be doing but by leaving it so open they have alot of places to go, or where ever voyager ended up. i must say though one thing i liked about stargate and the the star trek universe was that it was acessable to children and i think some parents might have a problem with the sexy direction this show is going in, it is definatlly adult, i mean that sex scene in the first twenty minutes was kinda expicit. "daddy why does he have that woman pinned against the wall". but then i saw heavy metal when i was nine and it warped me for life. im gonna give it some time before i judge it to harshly.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Star Gate Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Gate Universe   Star Gate Universe EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:49 pm

haven't seen it, but then again, i missed the last couple years of atlantis. sg-1 was the best, when richard dean anderson was on it. they need to stop watering down these shows and come up with new ideas. expansions like this killed the star trek universe, star wars, every other major sci-fi show out there. keep the spin-offs to 1or 2(torchwood and sarah jane is ok, but k-9 looks stupid). just some up with something new people. oh, i'm sorry, the new pc "flash gordon" show didn't work out, so syfy went back to the well for brand name. at least this doesn't look as bad as the "emo" shadow they are producing.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Star Gate Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Gate Universe   Star Gate Universe EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 2:35 am

I really like this show.

Stumbled upon purely by accident. If I had known what it was called, I wouldn't have watched it, because I despise Stargate. Never watched Atlantis either cuz SG1 was so bad. But this. Wow, what an good show. When they're in space, anyways.

I really like the performance of Robert Carlyle. It was driving me crazy where I'd seen him, then I realized, he was Hitler! He played Hitler brilliantly in a 2-part TV movie a few years ago. Great to see him again putting on another fine performance. The rest of the cast is pretty good too.

The only thing that bugs me about this show is those stupid stones that let them have soap operas back on Earth. I skip those episodes. But the space ones are good.
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Star Gate Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Gate Universe   Star Gate Universe EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:03 pm

I like it enough. The show has its hits and misses but for a long-running show to change to a different formula and direction, it's not surprising. That said and given it is more character driven, I hope more of the characters get interesting as the only ones I find favourable are Rush and Grear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
mike7184

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Star Gate Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Gate Universe   Star Gate Universe EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 am

I love this show . When I Watch the first episode I just fell in love with it .
Back to top Go down
http://www.edogo.com/

Star Gate Universe
Page 1 of 1