hitman hart
Whovian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Whovian

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-07-30

I have a theory (possible spoiler) Empty
PostSubject: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:21 am

First of all, this is my theory. I didn't read it on a rumor site. As a matter of fact, I try as much as I can to avoid spoilers. It's what I worked out on my own, so I may be way off.

Lucy Saxon is the Rani. She shot the Master in order to fake his death. They were in cahoots the entire time. You notice a female hand picking up a ring at the end of the episode. That was her.

It explains why she was so callous as the Master unleashed the Toclafane on the earth's population. However, it does not explain why she was "abused". The abuse thing fits in with her shooting the Master, but that seems really convoluted logic if you think about it.

I also think that the current Lucy Saxon will return in a future episode, only to be killed and regenerated as the Gillian Anderson Rani.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 4:22 am

sounds plausable to me.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:59 am

Hmmm...no, I just don't see the Rani putting herself into a subordinate role like that. She's a brilliant scientist, and her work is her driving motivation; she had no scientific motive for allying herself with the Master, and I doubt even the Master could force her to serve him against her will.

Interesting theory, though...I could see it working if there were some extenuating circumstances to which we weren't originally privvy that forced the Rani into a subordinate role.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:32 pm

IF she had her conscious placed in the ring by The Master, so she WAS subordinate and not go against him, I say yes!
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:01 pm

I kind of liked the notion the Lucy was one of those poor women who keep going back to their abusive spouse and eventually finds the strength to stop him. I'm sure the whole thing was a set up, but bringing in the Rani seems like it would take an already complicated story and push it right over the edge.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:13 pm

o.k. this is my crazy theory- donna marries and the bloke looks like a regular guy but morphs into the master ala keeper of traken. The wedding ring transforms the groom back to the master.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm

LOL! Another disastrous marriage attempt by Donna, eh? How equally sad and hilarious that would be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Only problem I see with the Rani theory is that I don't see how she would have evaded the doctor knowing she was there. At the beginning of Sound of drums he says that he hadn't felt the master due to the archangel network but at the end he was at one with the consciousness of the world. Certain of one thing though, we will most assuredly see the secret of the ring.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: I have a theory (possible spoiler)   I have a theory (possible spoiler) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:23 pm

glad to see Wilf back- now on record- he has to be the oldest companion in the Tardis. He is such a loveable character but something bothers me...in the stolen earth...the girl told donna about sorry for your loss...sorry for your loss that is to come-
just have a bad feeling about Wilf's life....
Back to top Go down

I have a theory (possible spoiler)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: