Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

tennant is a masterpiece Empty
PostSubject: tennant is a masterpiece   tennant is a masterpiece EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:06 pm

tennant is hosting masterpiece contemp. in the states after who.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: tennant is a masterpiece   tennant is a masterpiece EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:11 pm

I just told them that in another part of the board! NOBODY reads anything I write anymore. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: tennant is a masterpiece   tennant is a masterpiece EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:33 am

aww- actually you are in the right topic area- I posted this in the wrong spot. My favorite masterpiece theater host was alistar cookie from seasame street in the classic upstairs, downstairs starring grover.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: tennant is a masterpiece   tennant is a masterpiece EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:37 pm

OMG! I remember that myself. And, I am watching Upstairs Downstairs now. I am on the fourth series (WW1) right now. A few Who actors appeared in that show. Richard Bellamy, the father, almost became the Brig, a good way for fans to see how he would have played the part!
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: tennant is a masterpiece   tennant is a masterpiece EmptyFri May 15, 2009 4:03 pm

I always liked the original hosts for Masterpiece (Alistair) and Mystery (Vincent Price). For both, it really wasn't the same after they were replaced. As for DT, I'll be watching his intros at least.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: tennant is a masterpiece   tennant is a masterpiece EmptyFri May 15, 2009 4:11 pm

CrochetOwl wrote:
I always liked the original hosts for Masterpiece (Alistair) and Mystery (Vincent Price). For both, it really wasn't the same after they were replaced. As for DT, I'll be watching his intros at least.
I would have liked for The Vincent Price intros to have been included on the dvd releases of the sherlock holmes and other shows. I really got a kick out of how he did them. Giving us little bit of trivia.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: tennant is a masterpiece   tennant is a masterpiece EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:45 am

It would have been nice to have Vincent on the releases as well (the complete collection I recently got in R2 had no extras but did cut down on shelf space by half). The only Vincent I have left is of the intro for Brat Farrar - if only that one got released on dvd.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: tennant is a masterpiece   tennant is a masterpiece EmptySat May 16, 2009 7:08 pm

vincent had the best voice...ooooooozing mystery and malevolence...marvelous! I do like tennant's native scot's accent- he would suit mystery well- I heard him pronounce murder mystery as merrrdeur mystery. He needs a smoking jacket and a posh velvet chair to fit the masterpiece mold.
Back to top Go down

tennant is a masterpiece
Page 1 of 1