Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Who ya gonna call? Speak up they're deaf...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Who ya gonna call?  Speak up they're deaf... Empty
PostSubject: Who ya gonna call? Speak up they're deaf...   Who ya gonna call?  Speak up they're deaf... EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:35 pm

Rick Moranis and Sigourney Weaver are the only holdouts or at least the only ones not looking to milk hollywood's latest cash cow attempt. With the resurgence in things 80's (toys turned movies and such) it was only a matter of time before somebody decided to grab a proton pack and strap it back on the boys...Ghostbusters 3 looks to be on the way with all the original "busters" back in action! Sort of...

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/03/28/ramis-talks-ghostbusters-3-confirms-plot-rumors/

Quote :
It's one of those projects folks are approaching very carefully as if it were a bomb ready to go off. All of these guys -- Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman -- they know that if they're going to bring this franchise back, it'll have to be on their terms and it'll have to only happen if the script is stellar. It's been 20 years since the last Ghostbusters movie, and while a lot of us would certainly welcome another installment, we know what happened to Indiana Jones after 19 years away ... so, yeah, take your time, boys.

MTV recently got the chance to ask Harold Ramis for a status update on the sequel, and he confirmed that the old cast (Ramis, Murray, Aykroyd and probably Hudson) would be returning, but ... as Ramis notes, "We're all going to be in it in different kinds of roles. We're going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters." Yup, that confirms the mentor angle and the younger Ghostbusters -- who may or may not come from the Apatowverse -- but it's early and things can change; Ramis later adds that he's still waiting to see a first draft of the script, from Office (and Year One) writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, who are consulting with Ramis, Reitman and Aykroyd as they go. As far as who'll direct the thing, Ramis said he and Reitman are kinda hoping "someone else will do it." Personally, I have a feeling it'll be either Ramis or Reitman who ends up helming, but I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Who ya gonna call?  Speak up they're deaf... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who ya gonna call? Speak up they're deaf...   Who ya gonna call?  Speak up they're deaf... EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:31 pm

I think if someone wanted to become a hollywood writer in college- a smart professor would say- do not go into writing....hollywood just pillages from old scripts and makes them bigger, bolder and louder thinking that the audience has no clue they are seeing the same idea. I wish they would leave this alone- ghostbusters was wonderful, witty and unique...it would be a pitty to cannabilize...
Back to top Go down

Who ya gonna call? Speak up they're deaf...
Page 1 of 1