eaglekiller
10 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglekiller
eaglekiller

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:44 pm

A little nod to us DW fans tonight on the Batman Brave and Bold cartoon: a man went to a fortune teller, in England, and she summoned the spirt of "Thomas Baker" requested by his nephew "Colin." Very Happy Right away I knew what it was ... I wonder if anyone else caught it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theraggmopps.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:21 pm

I just watched that.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 pm

There's a Batman Brave and Bold cartoon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:27 pm

yep The Batman series ended and now Cartoon network has started up Batman the Brave and the Bold.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:17 pm

It's a little campy, but good fun all around. They are using it as a platform to introduce people to some of the lesser-known DC characters. It has an art style that is similar to the old 60's batman.

Only disappointment is that Kevin Conroy isn't doing the voice - the brought in Diedrich Bader (the guy from Drew Carey show and Beverly hillbillies).
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:24 pm

i knew i knew that voice from somewhere
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 5:38 pm

I got another one. The TNT show Leverage seems to be a fan of Doctor Who. An earlier episode had one of the leads complaining that he was missing watching a Doctor Who episode. And just this past week's episode, the other lead, Nathan, was pulling out passports he might use - Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy and Tom Baker. He went with Tom Baker because his colleague could use the fake passport of Sarah Jane Baker.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:44 pm

I think I mentioned this elsewhere but DW was referenced in a BigBang Theory ep and a Dalek was on the shelf behind the couch in the living room for a while.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:45 pm

And Batman was referenced in Doctor Who in Inferno by the Third Doctor. Looks like it came full circle
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
And Batman was referenced in Doctor Who in Inferno by the Third Doctor. Looks like it came full circle

Batman was also referenced visually in the McCoy era as a pair of earrings worn by Ace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
sensorite
sensorite

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 am

And didn't the Doctor have a toy batmobile in his pocket during Talons of Weng Chiang.
Back to top Go down
http://brianhorner.wordpress.com/
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Doctor Who has been referenced several times on The Colbert Report. Just before Christmas they played part of the theme song during a segment. Threw me for a second as I thought my cell phone (which has the theme as the ringtone) was ringing.
Back to top Go down
mjh88
mjh88

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold   Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:59 am

This isn't related to batman, but Doctor Who was mentioned in this weeks Mighty Avengers comic. Hank Pym invents a room that's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, and a kid responds, "Very Doctor Who." I thought it was awesome while I was reading it.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who mentioned on Batman Brave and Bold
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: