CrochetOwl
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

11th Doctor to be announced... Empty
PostSubject: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 4:37 pm

The actor to be play the 11th Doctor is going to be announced on Saturday afternoon in a new Confidential called 'The 11th Doctor' (previously known as 'The 10 Doctors'. Either way, the speculation is about to end this weekend.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:31 pm

er spoiler alert....
joseph patterson my # 1 guess
I love reading the rumours from Richard Grant to Catherine Zeta Jones- guessing is fun...anyone is a hard act to follow after David.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Hugh Bonneville is still my choice, but I know it probably wont happen.
Back to top Go down
JJJason

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Hugh Bonneville is still my choice, but I know it probably wont happen.

The only name I heard in the speculation that I thought, "yeah, I'd like to see that" was Eddie Izzard.

Excited to hear no matter who is it, though.

-JJJ
Back to top Go down
http://jasonchirevas.com
CrochetOwl

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 11:41 am

As long as it ain't a woman I'll be okay with it (not happy really since DT won't be in the role anymore) - I'm still gonna watch it as I have since its classic days.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Well it looks like it's 26 year old Matt Smith (a DT look-alike). We are going for the teeny-bopper age of Dr Who. Not sure I'm happy with a younger Doctor (the youngest ever).
Back to top Go down
Larryw3158

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 pm

I agree completely. WAY too young.

Peter Davison was much too young at 30, and even he admitted years later that he thought he was too young of a choice.

This is really bad......but then again the Beeb or show's producers don't listen to us....
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:23 pm

If you go to the Gallifreyone news site, there is already a photo of Matt next to the TARDIS (think Twilight).
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Despite enjoying Peter Davison's performance in the role, I always pictured that an actor should be in his mid thirties at minimum.

Like you wrote CrochetOwl, perhaps the powers behind the show are going for that really young crowd for marketing.

I certainly cannot see this incarnation standing alongside Alex Kingston as Prof. River Song.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:59 pm

and what is up with his hair?

We'll see how it all turns out in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:37 pm

So, The Doctor is actually from Ork? Because he's not only regenerating but appears to be aging backwards.

TOO YOUNG! Too, too young. I'm sure he's a fine actor, but dammit, the Doctor should look like he has SOME seasoning.

However, I trust Moffat and I will give him the benefit of the doubt that this guy will bring something to the role.
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:38 pm

The new Doctor is my age! That's just weird. I was very surprised that they chose someone so young...too young really. I did like Matt Smith in Ruby in the Smoke and Shadow in the North, so we'll see.

I wonder what they'll do companion--wise. If they go younger, it would have to be another teenage companion. Older and it'll be like the Doctor's mum is along for the ride.

And, please, please, let them change his hair.
Back to top Go down
Doctors_Daughter
Doctors_Daughter

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Ohy, why can't the Doctor be a woman? We've already had lady time lords with Romana one and two.

Cmon gents, lets not make this an old boys network (giggle)

And let us not forget Jenny the Doctor's daughter. Yet another woman in the role.

And you know they could have a bit of fun when he regenerates into a she

Finally ... if it doesn't work out, she can have a rough go of PMS and regenerate into the twelfth doctor: male of course.

smiles and who hugs, Maggie the Tardis Kitten
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 5:18 pm

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, here's the youtube vid of the interview with Matt Smith about his casting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zog-6SrGxE0

I still think age wise he's too young, but he does seem to posess a kind of infectious nervous energy which I think will fit well into The Doctor's persona. (0:39 - 0:44 kind of exemplifies what I mean)

But for the love of Rassilon, change the hair!!!
Back to top Go down
Doctors_Daughter
Doctors_Daughter

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Well I saw the new Doctor

I dont want to sound like sour grapes because I so fancied David but I don't think he's a good choice, and for the same reason others have given.

He's just too young.

What is really needed is a more mature regeneration. I think David swung the pendulum about as far in one direction as it should go, a more mature, but not necessarilay grandfather doctor, would be a better fit.

And what about a proper companion. I guess he'll have to steal Luke away from Sara Jane or hook up with his daughter.

Sorry ... but I think they really dropped the ball with this choice.
Back to top Go down
pjr

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Matt Smith looks too young and my first thought on seeing
his photo was "pretty boy". I hope to be proven wrong
once he actually plays the part.

I was also hoping to see an end to the companion(s) falling
for the Doctor. Things may now be worse.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 6:31 pm

well that was a surprise- his name came up two days ago on the forum...he came from nowhere. After seeing the link that clavius provided he does seem to be a bit eccentric which suits the doctor well- the hair ala twilight- hopefully this can be tamed. It is so funny to hear the comments because there were so many similar comments about tennant when he started so I will be watching and give him a chance. Now the guessing begins for the companion....
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 6:40 pm

I guess we'll have to wait for another regeneration for any River Song developments. Phooey.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Clavius wrote:
I still think age wise he's too young, but he does seem to posess a kind of infectious nervous energy which I think will fit well into The Doctor's persona. (0:39 - 0:44 kind of exemplifies what I mean)

Sounds like he will be perfect for the Attention Deficit Disorder generation, maybe they will do it in 15 minute episodes.

Maybe Jenny can be the companion.
Back to top Go down
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 8:23 pm

Clavius wrote:
So, The Doctor is actually from Ork? Because he's not only regenerating but appears to be aging backwards.

Shocked Blimey, I'm old enough to be his mother! But I guess he's still an "old enough" man for the target kiddie audience. And they won't have to change the Doctor in Glasses toy too much...Laughing

11th Doctor to be announced... Th1_3110 11th Doctor to be announced... Smith_11
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 8:48 pm

I wrote this on two other places (one being my newsgroup), stating that when my club made their 2nd fan film (13 years now, still waiting for it to be edited), I portrayed a character that was just there, Hence, a few years later, I decided that it was another Doctor, so I went on my quest for making the 3rd film (3 different versions now), and all my stories.

I was... 23 at the time, so technically I WAS the YOUNGEST DOCTOR, if only in the realm of fan films!

No, wait! I was in their 1st film, and with my stories, I DID portray The Doctor (or The Valeyard, based on which timeline I'm using), and I was like... 19 or so! Ah, good times. Good times.

For what we see here, it's The BBC just trying to keep the younger fans watching.

Sad.

There will be jokes of how he's gotten younger, no one taking him seriously, older women companions that will be called "cougars"....

Ah, cougars.

Last edited by amagon on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 8:56 pm

come on fellas I know he is young but give him a chance- remember this is a kid's show and that is it's target audience. The uk forums are generally happy but in the u.s. the forums seem to be the opposite.
Back to top Go down
tjg
tjg

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Yikes! The Doctor should at least be able to buy beer without getting carded.
Oh, well. 2 out of 3 ain't bad, I suppose.
I'm sure Capt. Jack will be pleased.
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:18 pm

I know it's nothing to do with his capability as an actor but man, he has an ugly mug.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
CrochetOwl

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor to be announced...   11th Doctor to be announced... EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:12 am

I'm dreading #12 now - will it be a teenager to play him when the time comes. The way I saw it, SJA is for the youngsters while Torchwood was for the adults (but each series is being toned down for mainstream). I cannot see him with River Song unless they de-age her as well and that would be so wrong too - that chapter should be closed then (still thinks it's 10.2 that so falls for and not 10). They've done it to all the good animations to ruin (X-Men, Batman, next a teen-age Iron Man, etc.). You might attract the younger crowd but you are alienating the older ones for demographics (Yeck, they do it in the States all the time).

On to the companians. Another dread. Are we going for youngsters as in the Davison era. If or when the Doctor's daughter appears now they'll look by brother and sister - don't want to see that. Please no more current day gals - bring on an alien companion or someone from the past.
Back to top Go down

11th Doctor to be announced...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next