Clavius
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors Empty
PostSubject: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:54 am

Total rumor mill stuff until confirmed by the BBC but exciting potential nonetheless. Found this news over at www.gallifreyone.com..

Spoiler:

That last bit about
Spoiler:
has me completely geeking out. I hope it's true.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Yeah, it'll be nice to see him back, hopefully, they'll have better script for him (obviously! That TV Movie... it was on Sci-Fi the other day, watched it, enjoyed it but the script was ergh!)
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm going to assume that anyone who clicked into this thread and past my initial post has seen the spoiler warnings so I'm going to talk openly now..

If that last spoiler rumor is true, they need to back a truck full of money up to Christopher Eccleston's house so we can see the regeneration of 8 to 9.

In "Rose" it's hinted that 9 was fairly recently regenerated due to the way he looks at himself in the mirror at Rose's apartment. Plus he was pretty pissed off through the whole season which leads me to think the end of the Time War was a fairly recent event prior to the start of the new series. (I think The Doctor's line "Just this once, EVERYBODY LIVES!" from "The Doctor Dances" resonates on many levels)

This would be a great way to bridge from the TV movie to the new series.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 6:13 pm

I have doubts about CE ever coming back even for a brief regeneration. Once he finished his time of DW, he seems to have washed his hands of the show altogether (he did his time and now move forward). It would be nice to see the regeneration seen occur.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm

I don't think there is one person out there that would like to see the time war. McGann was to have been added to be cast in series 2, 3 and 4-one day the Sun may get it right. But really- I would love a flashback style time war bit-give poor mcgann his due.

The other favorite rumour at the moment is that there is speculation that a movie is going out and that DT will star and he will do 2010. The BBC have been quiet as of late- don't expect any real news until the end of 09. Right now I think the journos are bored and have nothing to write about.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 10:14 pm

greenk9 wrote:
I don't think there is one person out there that would like to see the time war.

No, you're absolutely right, I certainly wouldn't like to see any full blown episode(s) about the Time War, but the wording in the above article suggests that there might be a hint of it in that ep (IF it ever comes to pass).

THAT I wouldn't mind.

I said this in another thread but it's apropriate here as well. The Clone Wars were only hinted about for years which made them all the more interesting IMO. Once we finally got to see them on screen, it could never live up to our imaginations, and much of it in fact, outright sucked.

We should only ever get the slightest glimpses of the Time War, leave the rest to fan speculation.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Clavius-I agree with just getting a glimpse...
I remember the great illustrator nc wyeth said that when he read a book- then saw the movie he was so disapointed because it was not what he imagined it to be.

As for the time war I picture daleks, draconians, erato (just kidding), mykra (just kidding), rutans- an orchestra of an alien war with the doc being in the eye of the storm.

As for the clone wars- I think I'll wait for dvd. The poor thing hit the theaters and is going out of the theaters with a whimper. Maybe the t.v. show in the fall will be better?

Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 7:16 am

According to the Sun...yep, taking a pass on this one. As much as I would love to see the Time War (Important events;Master's resurrection; Davros' destruction, and entry into the time war) and of course to see the 8th Doctor in action. Of course this is the Sun, so I'll be preparing to watch something completely different. Nudge, Nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more.

The part that was glossed over from that was about Donna. Gotta love the Sun's ability to just write anything. Even though RTD and the crew went out of the way to explain that Donna will die if she remembers even one little thing, the Sun knows that she can return. Truly the Sun rivals Caecilius in their ramblings, of course he actually got a couple things right.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Outpost Gallifrey updated the original post. It was apparently crap after all.

Update: According to Digital Spy on September 12, the BBC is now refuting the story of the McGann casting. Another insider is quoted as saying "There is no truth to the story at all."

From now on unless it comes from the BBC or one of the actors themselves, I'll treat rumors like this as B.S.[/b]
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Link: Digital Spy has also stated that RTD wants to get Catherine Zeta-Jones to be the Doctor's companion in one of the specials.

I say fat chance of that happening and even then, I just don't see the chemistry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 3:16 pm

mumbojumbo21 wrote:
Link: Digital Spy has also stated that RTD wants to get Catherine Zeta-Jones to be the Doctor's companion in one of the specials.

I say fat chance of that happening and even then, I just don't see the chemistry.

Agreed...only way it work is if they picked someone older than Hartnell to be the new Doctor and then Catherine Zeta Jones would be all in.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:04 pm

Did you all see this one?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article4760926.ece

History Boy could be next Doctor Who

Russell T.Davies, the creative force behind the return of Doctor Who to BBC television, has anointed a young British stage actor to replace David Tennant and become the eleventh Doctor in the programme's history.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Isn't Davies done with Doctor Who after the specials? Would he still have a say about who gets to be the next Doctor?

Plus, the guy is WAY too young, he's 10 years younger than Tennant!, and initially, I thought Tennant was way too young when I first saw him, though that opinion has obviously changed. (Just occured to me, He's only 2 months older than me!)

The actor who plays the doctor really shouldn't be younger than 35 IMO.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 1:33 pm

totally agree with clavius- that kid looks like a baby and this is just simply a suggestion by rtd nothing more. Anything younger than tennant- you just can't see a youngster pulling off being an authortive figure like the doc...
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:11 am

title for the christmas special... The Next Doctor
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:50 am

greenk9 wrote:

WHAAAAAAAAAAA?! Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 1:01 pm

greenk9 wrote:

Its not been confirmed but this is mentioned in RTD's new book: The Writer's Tale. Oddly enough, if this is the title, then its more spoilerish than the Stolen Earth!!!!

EDIT: Like a minute after I posted this I checked out Planet Gallifrey Blog and it has been confirmed that The Next Doctor is the title!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 6:55 pm

OOoooH titles are fun! Here are my crazy stupid and wild guesses about the next doctor.

1. The Life on Mars fella is a Future Doctor ala River Song
2. Alt Universe- alt doc- not the blue suit tennant just another doc
3. Maybe he is a younger doc- ala hartnell when he was a young nipper- ah too far fetched- the word NEXT is being used not OTHER or PART.
4. the valeyard- maybe they could actually explain him- just kidding
5. Simply he is a doctor- nothing more
6. Another clone?
guessing is fun and pain full at the same time.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:32 pm

I thought about this driving home from work tonight. It could be a parallel universe, as The Cybermen are also from a parallel universe. Yet, there wasn't a Doctor in the one we knew (except now for Dr 10.5, and he can't regenerate).

GAH! This is more complicated than when I made my Doctor's successor a female (parallel universe, of course)!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Rosita will be the companion for the X-Mas special...the Next Doctor....got this from og-
"The Doctor is faced with another Doctor. Rosita is the assistant to the other Doctor but as the episode goes on she starts helping the Doctor we know."
hmmmmm theories?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 10:31 pm

The crazed cybermen are called shaydes, sooooo maybe there is a sidemovement thing going on.

BTW, just finished watching all the behind the scenes from the Trial of a Timelord set, Bring back Colin Baker!! :doc6: :doc6:
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 4:52 pm

greenk9 wrote:
Rosita will be the companion for the X-Mas special...the Next Doctor....got this from og-
"The Doctor is faced with another Doctor. Rosita is the assistant to the other Doctor but as the episode goes on she starts helping the Doctor we know."
hmmmmm theories?

Valeyard.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:51 pm

From what I've been led to believe,

Spoiler:

Heard that a few weeks ago from a good source.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 pm

ah rdks- now I have to buy that Big Fin audio...makes sense.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors   SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:53 pm

You should anyways! It's one of the best!
Back to top Go down

SPOILERS - '09 Specials Casting Rumors
Page 1 of 1