Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Why no new who episode books like the old target novels?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Why no new who episode books like the old target novels? Empty
PostSubject: Why no new who episode books like the old target novels?   Why no new who episode books like the old target novels? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:33 pm

O.K. there is new who has books like feast of the drowned, forever autumn but why haven't they gone the target route and published stories like the empty child/doctor dances or the satin pit/imp. planet? So much could be embelished that was not explained in the short new who episodes. DWM this month has a great article about the target novels and how often they were quite different from the final product we saw on t.v. I myself actually understood ghostlight as a novel, for example. I also loved the artistic liscense that malcolm hulke an ian marter wrote- bless ian he and quentin tarrentino would have been chums. Maybe someday they will do this- I enjoy the new novels but would like to see novels on the episodes like in da ol' days. Oh and bring back the artists like peterson, achellios and skilliter...not today's photoshopped clip art stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why no new who episode books like the old target novels?   Why no new who episode books like the old target novels? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 9:19 pm

What issue is that DWM that you are talking about? I love the Target novels, although I have decided to get rid of my virgin reprint covers, I do have the Target Book and enjoy reading those articles.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Why no new who episode books like the old target novels?   Why no new who episode books like the old target novels? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 9:35 pm

dwm 397 the one with dt and red dalek with bad wolf on the cover
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why no new who episode books like the old target novels?   Why no new who episode books like the old target novels? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 pm

Thanks for the info greenie, maybe I will find someone with a copy I can borrow to read the article.

With all the toys and DWA I need to make choices what I buy Sad
Back to top Go down

Why no new who episode books like the old target novels?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: