forbidden_moose
51 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Worst Episode Ever! Empty
PostSubject: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 7:28 am

TV movie :doc8: (I have yet to complete watching the 6th Doctor Episodes) :doc6:
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 10:53 am

I've only seen bits of the TV movie, but the worst episode I think is Love and Monsters, the classic series are great, even though the special effects aren't brilliant, the stories make up for it.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 11:34 am

Fear Her was much worse.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Fear Her was much worse.

Really? I think there have been worse episodes, but everyone has different tastes. The story itself was okay.
Back to top Go down
Tuf
Tuf

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 4:36 pm

New Series: Love and Monsters
Classic Series: Ghost-Light or The Time Monster
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:42 pm

New Series: Love and Monsters (only eppie I've watched entirely only once).

Classic Series: First two series of Doctor #7 (many of the eppies became outright silly and slapstick).
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 7:28 am

1- the gunfighters- does make me laugh with the accents
2- the underwater menace- good ep to fall asleep to for insomnia
3- the mutants- wow badness to the power of 11
4- horns of nimon...NIMONNNNNNNNNNN!
5- Time Flight
6- Timelash- as the simpson's would say- "worst episode ever!"
7- The hapiness patrol- with the exception of the candyman...tasty
8- the movie...not his fault...good doc...never had a chance...not fair!
9-Boomtown but still not too bad series 1 awfully strong
10- Love and Monsters- love or hate this one...i prefer the hate
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:24 am

CrochetOwl wrote:
New Series: Love and Monsters (only eppie I've watched entirely only once).

Classic Series: First two series of Doctor #7 (many of the eppies became outright silly and slapstick).

Yeah, I've only seen Love and Monsters twice, the rest of the episodes I've seen like 30 times! I only watched Love and Monsters a second time was to see if it was as bad as I remembered! When it comes to the 7th Doctor, the show kind of became a joke in itself, The Curse of Fenric was a good one though.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:52 am

I really don't like "Fear Her", but the first minute or so after the title sequence is one of my favorite Doctor moments - landing the Tardis the wrong direction and the "edible ball bearings" line.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 1:19 am

Fear Her is probably my least favorite. I don't think it's AWFUL, just a bit boring.

I like the TV movie in some ways. Mostly for McGann and the TARDIS interior I guess. But Grace isn't bad either. They're just stuck in a blah story.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 4:12 pm

I loved McGann as the Doctor, but the movie was a bit weak.
However, I think it is salvagable if one edits out just a few seconds.
The Doctor takes the motorcycle down by the train tracks and then we see him come back up.
Anyone want to guess what I edited out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
AC Rempt
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:41 am

Anything from the new series is infinitely better than the some of the horrors towards the end of the classic series. I didn't like Fear Her either, but I would watch it over Time Flight or Time and the Rani any day. Oh my, those are some terrible stories.

And Timelash? Wow.

I don't see why people dislike Love and Monsters. I thought it was clever at the very least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophiethedog.com
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:04 pm

My "unwatchable" episode from New Who is The Idiot's Lantern. It's the only one I think is an absolute stinker.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:32 pm

new who-probably midnight because it just kinda gave me a headache.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:33 pm

new who-probably midnight because it just kinda gave me a headache.
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 9:09 pm

There are so many ups and downs, it is hard to choose.
When Doctor Who hits the mark, it can.
And when it misses, wow!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Old Series: Vengeance on Varos...moronic from the first moment to the very last.

Modern Series: Fear Her. The only thing worse than a child actor is a bad child actor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Any of the four episodes of The Gunfighters. It really is THAT bad. And I like the historical stories. I honestly wont buy this on DVD unless it is in a two pack with a must have story.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:00 pm

What about those green men stomping Kroll...thump thump Kroll....Actually it wasn't that bad an episode but the Kroll men sure sticks to the mind Very Happy

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:08 pm

The Web Planet is, for me, the worst of the worst. The Menoptra just get on my nerves! And those swirly hand/arm motions! Grr!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:41 pm

ah the power of kroll- wince, shudder...lovely.
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Here's a blow-by-blow breakdown of one of my favorite worst Doctor Who stories, "The Web Planet"! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do by following my commentary along with your "Web Planet" DVD, using the time index provided.

"The Web Planet" Episode One: THE WEB PLANET

"The Web Planet" (00:00 - 03:02)
The TARDIS is stranded on the surface of this planet with no power. What's holding it there? The Doctor wonders if it's "deliberate, or for a purpose." Before Ian has a chance to tell the Doctor to go look up the word "deliberate" in the dictionary, a strange noise begins to affect Vicki.

"These Ears Are Made For Hearing" (03:03 - 03:54)
The Zarbi, giant ant-like creatures, stop by to check out the TARDIS. Much like your everyday common black ant, the Zarbi are able to emit high-pitched noises that one out of every four people finds deafening. The Doctor's explanation of an "extrasonic sound," the kind only "young people and young animals hear," makes about as much sense as Dr. Solow attempting to defeat the Myrka with her martial arts "skills" in "Warriors of the Deep."

"You Need To Watch Star Trek To See How It's Done Properly" (05:21 - 05:36)
The TARDIS is jolted, and the Doctor, Ian, and Vicki fall to one side, while Barbara goes to great lengths to fall in the opposite direction.

"The Latest in Hi-Tech Fashion" (07:17 - 07:48)
The Doctor and Ian decide to explore the planet while Vicki and Barbara stay behind. The Doctor makes sure that Ian wears an Atmospheric Density Jacket, which looks very much like... well... a jacket. The A.D.J. is outfitted with mini-oxygen tanks that look suspiciously like those collapsible cups you take on camping trips.

"This Episode Has To Stretch Out How Much Longer?" (08:59 - 11:44)
Barbara and Vicki discuss the differences between 20th and 25th century schooling. This fascinating conversation, as we will learn by the end of the story, has absolutely no payoff whatsoever.

"The Hand of Fear" (11:45 - 16:23)
The Doctor and Ian's thrilling exploration of the planet consists of finding some micah and discovering that their voices echo. Meanwhile, Barbara's arm begins to move, seemingly with a life of its own, somehow caused by her bracelet. Sarah Sutton must have watched this scene for inspiration before performing similar scenes in "Logopolis."

"Holmes and Watson at Work" (16:24 - 17:24)
In the midst of the barren landscape, the Doctor and Ian come across a massive pyramid. Ian's brilliant observation that "it was built" is topped by the Doctor's astounding conclusion that this pyramid -- the only evidence of civilization they have encountered thus far -- "has nothing to do with" anything. How does this old nutjob manage to triumph over evil every time?

"Don't Drink the Water" (17:25 - 18:12)
This meaningful exchange between the Doctor and Ian, in which Ian is concerned about keeping his pants on after the Doctor asks him to take off his belt, gives us a glimpse into the deeper nature of the complex relationship between the two. Ian proves what a great science teacher he is by proceeding to plunge his hands directly into a pool of acid -- amazingly, the Doctor actually does something right and stops him.

"Multiple Cliffhanger Time" (19:33 - 23:04)
The previously "extrasonic" sound has now turned "sonic" and everyone can hear it. The sound summons Barbara out of the TARDIS and straight toward the pool of acid! Ian is caught in a giant net... umm... "web"! The TARDIS disappears with Vicki on board! Be sure to tune in again -- same Web time, same Web channel!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:43 pm

LOL! I have to admit, the first time I saw The Web Planet I thought, "All those missing episodes, and this one had to survive?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
happydalek
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:43 pm

"The Web Planet" Episode Two: THE ZARBI

"A Team of Writers Worked Hard All Week On This One..." (00:40 - 01:14)
A brilliant application of the principle of Occam's Razor is used to resolve Barbara's cliffhanger. How in the world do you avoid walking into a pool of acid? Well...

"...And This One, Too" (01:15 - 02:46)
The Doctor finds Ian, and in another unexpected and thrilling cliffhanger resolution, Ian's net/web/whatever has simply vanished with no explanation. Their next move, in the vein of Indiana Jones, is to go after the missing TARDIS. Train, boat -- anything that'll get them to the TARDIS.

"I Should Have Known Better With A Girl Like You" (05:08 - 05:15)
As the Zarbi pull the TARDIS toward their nest, Vicki rehearses for her dance number with Ringo in "A Hard Day's Night."

"Holmes and Watson, pt. II" (07:07 - 09:24)
Using the same brilliant deductive acumen that led him to the conclusion about extrasonic sound as well as the pyramid, the Doctor realizes that they are on the planet Vortis. He looks at the painting of the night sky behind him and deduces that several moons are being dragged toward the planet.

"Butterflies Are Free To Fly" (09:50 - 11:41)
Barbara is rescued from the Zarbi's control by the Menoptera, a race of butterfly people that make us thankful that this story is in black and white. Demonstrating the human concept of gratitude, Barbara whacks one of the Menoptera with a big stick and runs away, as the Doctor, Ian, and Vicki are all captured by the Zarbi.

"Radio Ga Ga" (17:17 - 19:16)
The Menoptera decide to contact their fleet. They are dismayed to find that their crystal radio doesn't work, as there is too much interference inside their cave, which makes you wonder why their radio was inside their cave in the first place.

"Doomsday" (19:28 - 20:02)
In a scene that later films such as "Braveheart" and "Gladiator" would attempt to emulate, an epic battle ensues between the Zarbi and the Menoptera. Whatever else you might say about this fight scene, in the words of James T. Kirk, "it had the virtue of having never been tried." Barbara and a Menoptera are taken to the Crater of Needles to work as slaves, presumably as the nearby Crater of Pins had enough slave workers already.

"Hand Jive" (21:48 - 22:04)
The Doctor tries to entertain the Zarbi with his own unique form of Gallifreyan interpretive dance and fails miserably. The Animus, the dark force which controls the Zarbi, finally makes contact with the Doctor. What will they say to each other? Will Vicki get to ask it what sort of schooling the Zarbi receive? It can only get better from here!
Back to top Go down
happydalek
happydalek

PostSubject: Re: Worst Episode Ever!   Worst Episode Ever! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 7:32 pm

"The Web Planet" Episode Three: ESCAPE TO DANGER

The boring exposition reveals that the Menoptera once inhabited Vortis until the coming of the Animus. Sensing that the Menoptera fleet is preparing to reclaim Vortis, the Animus forces the Doctor to help it locate the fleet. Meanwhile, Ian teams up with Vrestin the Menoptera to go to the Crater of Needles to rescue Barbara and Vrestin's Menoptera friends. In the midst of all of this, there's only one worthwhile scene to point out, but it's really quite wonderful to behold:

"Things That Go Bump In The Night" (05:23 - 05:28)
This shot of a Zarbi walking headfirst into a camera serves no purpose in the story other than to show a Zarbi walking headfirst into a camera.

---------------------

"The Web Planet" Episode Four: CRATER OF NEEDLES

In the Crater of Needles, Barbara and the Menoptera work as slaves, picking vegetation to feed the Animus. Wasn't Vortis a barren planet just three episodes ago?

"I WANT TO LIVE!" (08:20 - 09:54)
Ian and Vrestin are captured by a group of Optera, a more primitive and even cheaper-looking species of Menoptera. Their leader, Hetra, is apparently played by William Shatner on drugs.

"Oh, Let Me Kill Him Now!" (12:52 - 13:06)
Barbara and the Menoptera plot their escape from the Crater of Needles in order to rendezvous with the Menoptera fleet. I wish we got to see the Menoptera spaceships... never mind; I take that back. The Menoptera who plans to kill the Larvae Gun is apparently played by Peter Lorre.

"Better Than A Vibrating Bed" (14:59 - 15:27)
Barbara and one of the other Menoptera have way too much fun with the Larvae Gun before Peter Lorre kills it. He smacks it against the side of a cliff, as no giant newspapers or slippers were handy.

"Spearhead from Space" (21:23 - 24:43)
Even more ambitious than the previous fight scene (see "Doomsday" toward the end of episode two), here the Menoptera fleet arrive, only to be promptly trounced by the Zarbi. While the cliffhanger ending is clearly intended to make you worry for the Menoptera, it's hard to sympathize with a bunch of butterfly people who can't win a fight against some slow-moving, dim-witted giant ants who bump into cameras headfirst and can't use their arms for anything.
Back to top Go down

Worst Episode Ever!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next